• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is anyone else feeling discouraged as a PC consultant?

In summary, as a PC consultant, it's important to remember why you joined Pampered Chef and focus on the things you love about your job. To increase bookings and sales, reach out to your network for referrals and utilize social media for marketing. When faced with low show attendance or sales, don't get discouraged and consider offering virtual or catalog shows, along with specials and discounts. To balance your personal life and PC business, prioritize and plan your time effectively, and don't be afraid to ask for help. And remember, it's normal to have slow periods in any business - use these times to reflect and come up with new strategies for success.
krackley
Now, if that title wasn't enough to make you want to skip over my post, I don't know what would!!

Hey! I'm Kim from SC, and I'm LOVING my job! After signing two consultants, and giving up all my sooking shows for the next two months to them, I kinda had a hard time getting my shows back! I just had my first in a long while last night - a bridal shower that I worked super hard on, and it was only $173!! (I did all those cute little registry cards everyone was talking about - they were great, I guess it was my guests that wanted to buy things like the ONE quick cut paring knife as a gift, and the nylon pan scrapers, etc. . . ) :)

Anyway - I'm usually a pretty cheerful person, so, this probably shouldn't have been my first post! I have a wonderful DH who is extremely supportive and I have a beautiful daughter who keeps me on my toes at 20 mos. old. I have a super cute pic of her in my apron that I show at all my shows - it's great! :) I love my job, but just wish it would got a little better sometimes! I dild just hit my first $15,000 in sales, though, which is pretty exciting! :) I've been a consultant since last September, and I'm hoping to go to Miami next spring! We'll see what happens with that! :)

All that to say - I found this message board when I google searched "discouraged PC consultants", and I think it's a God-send, because I have already gotten so many great ideas! :)

Hang in there! It will get better. I have been doing this for 9 and 1/2 years and still get discouraged at times. Especially when I get cancellations. Get on the phone and make those 3 contacts a day and that should help you get some more shows on your calendar. Encourage the host of the bride to get some additional outside orders to bring up the brides FPV. Would love to see some pics of your daughter. You should put her pic on your avatar.

Welcome Kim! Glad you found us, we are a great support team.

Welcome Kim! Summertime is a slump of a time for bookings but you'll find all kinds of ideas on here!!! Good Luck!

Awww- thanks you two! I feel better already! :) Yes, I'll get some pictures up here in a few minutes!

Welcome aboard----

Quick ?? - How do I subscribe to a thread?

welcome to your own virtual cluster! dont give up! it gets easier.

Welcome!!!

As others have said, it'll get better. I love the suggestion of 3 contacts a day. Think outside the box and remember that contacts at a grocery store or places where PC comes up count too! Think of creative ways to bring it up in conversation!!

I went to one those "paint your own pottery" places the other day so my kids could make something for daddy for Father's Day and the girl working there because a booking lead!! It's amazing how easy it is to bring up in conversation if you make a little effort to focus on it. Then it becomes 2nd nature. She's not booking a show right now, but she said she and her mom will be placing an order.

Good luck!!! Have a ton of fun!:)

Welcome! This site is a great resource and soooo supportive!

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome! :) Nice to have you here! You will find lots of support, ideas, humor and help from this site!

Hang in there it will get better, summer is a slower time for lots of consultants- keep up your 3 calls per day, and go out and talk to your neighbors, have an open house grilling party featuring our grilling tools....

It'll turn around for you!

"dild just hit my first $15,000 in sales, though, which is pretty exciting! I've been a consultant since last September, and I'm hoping to go to Miami next spring! We'll see what happens with that! "

For someone who's only been doing this since September, you are doing awesome. 2 recruits and 15K in sales wow!! You have already accomplished a lot so I'm confident you will continue to get back on track.

I agree- you are rockin' and rollin' girl!

Welcome to our little world here:)
It does sound like you've had a great first year---hang in there! We all have slulmps sometimes & get discouraged; you just gotta keep moving. I've been discouraged for awhile, became FD, back to consultant cause my 2 are inactive, but want to be a director so bad...everything happens when it's "our time".
The 3-2-1 really is a fabulous plan!

krackley said:
what do you mean by "subscribe"? :)

Welcome to Chef Success! :D It's seriously useful!

krackley said:
At the top of the thread it says "Thread tools" and you can subscribe there, or when you make a post there's an option down the bottom. You can then see all your subscribed threads by clicking User CP at the top left. It's seriously useful! :cool:

pamperedthorpe said:
Welcome to Chef Success! :D It's seriously useful!

At the top of the thread it says "Thread tools" and you can subscribe there, or when you make a post there's an option down the bottom. You can then see all your subscribed threads by clicking User CP at the top left. It's seriously useful! :cool:
Well I'll be jiggered! Ya learn something new every day! So then you can just go to the ones you've been participating in, instead of searching for them?

maybe I should read that hitchiker's guide thread....again....:rolleyes:

Kitchen Diva said:
So then you can just go to the ones you've been participating in, instead of searching for them?
Yep! I'm a bit of a forum geek, so am completely up to speed on vBulletin! :eek:

1. What should I do if I'm feeling discouraged as a PC consultant?

If you're feeling discouraged, it's important to remember why you joined Pampered Chef in the first place. Focus on the things you love about your job and the successes you've had so far. Reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and advice.

2. How can I get more bookings and sales?

One of the best ways to increase bookings and sales is to reach out to your network and ask for referrals. Offer incentives for hosting a show, such as free products or discounts. Utilize social media and other marketing methods to reach new potential customers.

3. How do I handle low show attendance or sales?

First, don't get discouraged - every show is an opportunity to learn and improve. Consider reaching out to guests who didn't attend and offer them a virtual or catalog show. Offer specials or discounts to increase sales. And don't forget to follow up with guests after the show to thank them and see if they have any further needs.

4. How can I balance my personal life and my PC business?

It can be challenging to balance a busy personal life with a successful PC business. One tip is to prioritize and plan your time effectively. Set specific days and times for work and family, and stick to them. Don't be afraid to ask for help and delegate tasks to others.

5. Is it normal to have slow periods as a PC consultant?

Yes, it is normal to have slow periods in any business, including Pampered Chef. Use these times to reflect on your goals and strategies, and come up with new ways to grow your business. Don't give up, and keep working hard - the slow periods will pass and you'll see success again soon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jchesley
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMJ