• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Memorizing Product Names & Prices for a Pampered Chef Show

In summary, the new Pampered Chef chef struggled with remembering the names, prices, and temperatures of the products. He found a way to cope by making a game out of it and by using a post it note to remember where the product was on the page in the catalog.
redd3708
Hello everyone! Okay, well I just started with PC and I recently held my first show. But the whole time I was having difficulty trying to remember the names of the products! I felt it made me look unprofessional. Do you guys have any tips to help me remember? I mean, I sat down to "study" each item but it obviously didn't help much.

Also, do you guys memorize prices too? I had a guest asking me prices and I didn't know all of them. She kept grinding me for prices and the names of each product! I didn't want to be rude but they had a catalog in the hands and they could've looked for herself.

I did mention it was my first show, was that a bad idea???

Last edited:
Don't worry.....the more shows you do, the easier it will get!! Practice at home whether or not you have an audience!! Some people laminate the cards that come in Recipe for Success and have those out during the demo. Some consultants stick little post it notes on the products that come in the Starter Kit so they remember to mention those are the great products they can get in their kit if they decide to start their own business. WHy not just stick a little post it note on the products and when you first use them in the recipe and tell the audience what it is you can either take it off or leave it on.

Believe me, it WILL get easier! I don't intentionally memorize prices, but you'll get to know the prices of the really popular products. Don't stress yourself out by thinking you have to remember EVERYTHING!! I think a show seems more natural anyway if it all doesn't seem so scripted and robotic. It also shows guests that you're human and you don't have to be some fancy chef to do this job. That in and of itself is a great recruiting tool. I STILL forget to mention some things in shows. We're "Pampered Chefs, not Perfect Chefs!"

Hang in there! Every show gets better.:)

I still have problems remembering the names, prices and temperatures. I make a game out of it by giving out ponints, "money", candy, picks from my prize basket...whatever I can think of...when someone is the first to find the information. If she was grilling you, she probably wanted to test you for some reason. Maybe she had a consultant who was similar to "Rain Man" with product information - don't feel bad. Some people get off on making others look bad. You could also turn it into a recruiting discussion on how you don't have to have all the answers - they come with time.

On another note, my director - NED Susan Kaufmann - has a hard time remembering product names and prices. She has been in this for 14 years and says the names and prices change a lot.

I'm SURE you did a GREAT job with your first show!

Oh and I don't think it's a bad idea AT ALL that you said it was your first show! USUALLY people are more understandable if things are a little crazy during your first show. Did that woman hear it was your first show? If so, I think it's just plain RUDE that she would grill you like that. LIke Kate said, some people make themselves feel better by making you look bad. People are STRANGE!!!

Thanks alot guys. Y'all really know how to make a "newbie" feel better. I felt my first show was a disaster! I kept stumbling and forgetting things. And that woman didn't make it any easier. But I couldn't stay upset for long because she ended up buying about $100 in products. *grin* LoL...

Until you get the hang of it, make it a game. Anyone who can come up with the name or price or whatever gets a ticket...draw for a door prize. You are new and your guests will understand, we all have to start somewhere. Also, I still don't know all of the prices and still forget names of stuff I use on a daily basis!!!

I always say something like...."they're always changing the catalog around on us, who can find what page it's on...." So we find it together.

Yes, after a while, the names and prices will come easily as you sell more and become more familiar. You might even memorize a whole bunch of 4-digit product codes without knowing it....#2621 anyone?!?!? :) How about #2585??!?!

But page numbers in the catalog is something I will NEVER try to learn. It changes twice a year--why bother?

Like someone else said, make it a game! I used to give tickets and then do a drawing at the end. Now I pass around a couple prizes at the beginning of the show. Whoever answers a question, finds a page #, etc, gets to grab it. Whoever has it when the show is over gets to keep the prize. I make it good ones like coffee samples, pantry seasoning samples, hand lotion samples. Not the little stuff.

Good luck!

I have been a consultant for 8 months and at one show I will remember every thing about the cutting boards and then at the next one, I might remember two things about the boards

You will have great shows, so-so shows and then those shows that you think are terrible, but the guest will never know unless you tell them.

Just keep going and they will just enjoy the show.

And if someone ask you something about a product and you are caught off guard, just say something like I will look that up as I am totaling up your order and tell you then.

I created tip cards for myself. I re-typed the show tips from the training book and added a few things of my own. I printed and pasted them to construction paper and cut them in half. I have a notebook ring holding them together. The pages have the recipe I am using, the preparation I need to do for the show, the description of the products and their page numbers. I can glance at my notes and say, "turn to page ## and let me tell you about our great stoneware". I know the pages will change again in the fall, but so will my recipe so I will re-do them again.

It is working so far, but I am not sure how long it will work. I just needed a reference point to jog my memory during my presentation.

Each time a new catalog comes out, I take one and highlight every product that I already have. This forces me to go through the new catalog and figure out where everything for the new season. As I get more products, I highlight them as well. I keep the catalog beside my computer so I can reference it easily. This doesn't always help at a show, but eventually I can find my way around the catalog to answer questions that pop up. Plus, I like looking through and seeing how many highlighted items there are!!

1. How can I easily remember all the product names and prices for my Pampered Chef show?

One helpful tip is to create flashcards with the product names on one side and the prices on the other. You can review these flashcards before your show to help with memorization.

2. Are there any visual aids or tools that can assist in memorizing product names and prices?

Yes, you can use the Pampered Chef catalog or website to create a visual reference for the products. You can also use mnemonic devices or create a song or jingle to help with memorization.

3. How can I ensure that I am accurately remembering product names and prices?

One method is to practice with a friend or family member. Have them quiz you on the product names and prices, and correct any mistakes you make. Also, double-check the information in the catalog or on the website to make sure you have the correct prices.

4. I struggle with memorization. Are there any alternative methods for remembering product names and prices?

You can try creating a story or narrative that incorporates the product names and prices. This can help make the information more memorable and easier to recall. You could also use visual aids, such as images or drawings, to associate with each product.

5. How often should I review product names and prices to ensure I have them memorized?

It is recommended to review the product names and prices at least a few times a week leading up to your show. This will help reinforce the information in your memory. Additionally, you can review the information right before your show for a quick refresher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • ashwee310
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies