• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can we support a friend after a tragic loss?

Prayers for all involved.My heart goes out to your friend and her family. This is such a tragedy. I'm praying for them.My heart goes out to your friend and her family. This is such a tragedy. I'm praying for them.
Gina M
Gold Member
Asking for prayers for my friend Jenny and her family. Yesterday, Jenny was driving to her parent's cabin in Wisconsin - when she got there she was met by firefighters and police. There had been an explosion and both of her parents were killed - her mom yesterday and her dad was taken off life support today. Her niece survived but will have a long recovery ahead of her.

I'm so sad and heartbroken for my friend as she deals with this horrible grief - please keep her in your prayers. Hug your family even tighter today - they are precious!

Oh! How horrible!! Just losing my mom myself I understand how she must be feeling but on the other hand, it wasn't a horrific accident like that!! Poor thing!!

Prayers said.

Heartbreaking! Prayers said for them.

Sandi

praying for your friend and the family

Prayers being said! What a horrible thing to see when you thought you were going to have fun.... :(

Oh how horrible. Prayers going out! I could not imagine what went through their minds as they pulled up.

:( That's so sad.

Prayers said for her, her niece and the rest of the family. May God lay his comforting/healing hands on them in this horrible time! Amen!

I'm assuming this is the incident:

One dead, two injured in house explosion

By The Associated Press

Aug. 1, 2011 10:14 a.m.
Mauston - Juneau County sheriff's officials say one person was killed and two others were injured in a house explosion.

Authorities say firefighters were called to a home in the Town of Armenia about 1:30 p.m. Sunday. At least eight agencies responded to the 911 call.

The sheriff's department is investigating.

This is the only recent explosion I could find in Wisconsin. The next most recent was in February. I live in Wisconsin and didn't hear anything on the news about this, but I live near Green Bay (NE corner) Mauston is roughly 30 miles from Tomah/Ft McCoy (SW corner).

There was nothing here in Milwaukee either.

How horrible! Prayers said..

Thank you everyone - Jenny's niece has a long recovery ahead of her. She's at a hospital in Madison. Not sure of the exact town they were in. Jenny's birthday is Saturday - I can't imagine the grief she is experiencing and how she's coping. She has 3 children of her own and wonderful friends who are helping with them. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Prayers being said and may God give them peace.

Heartfelt prayers for your friend and family members. Whenever I think my problems are insurmountable, something always happens that reminds me how insignificent my petty problems are! TTL

Oh Gina.. i'm so sorry to hear... I can't imagine their grief. Thoughts and prayers to her whole family.

How terribly sad! I'm so sorry for her.

Oh my! This is so sad. Thoughts coming her way!

1. How can I help my friend who is heartbroken?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am not a professional counselor, but here are a few suggestions on how you can support your friend during this difficult time:

• Listen to them and offer a shoulder to cry on.
  • Encourage them to talk about their feelings and be a non-judgmental listener.
  • Offer to spend time with them doing activities they enjoy.
  • Suggest seeking professional help if needed.
  • Send thoughtful gestures such as a meal or a care package to show your support.

2. How can I show my friend that I care?

There are many ways to show your friend that you care during this difficult time. Here are a few suggestions:

• Send them a heartfelt message or card to let them know you are thinking of them.
  • Offer to do something special for them, such as cooking them a meal or taking them out for a fun day.
  • Send them a small gift, such as a care package or a thoughtful item that reminds them of happy memories.
  • Simply be there for them and let them know they can count on you for support.

3. Should I try to give my friend advice?

It's important to be a supportive friend, but it's not always necessary to give advice. Sometimes, just being there to listen and offer a shoulder to cry on is enough. If your friend asks for advice, try to offer it without being judgmental or pushy. Remember, your friend knows what is best for them and may not be ready to take your advice at this time.

4. How long will it take for my friend to heal?

Everyone heals at their own pace, so there is no set timeline for how long it will take your friend to heal from heartbreak. Be patient and understanding with them, and remember that the healing process may take longer than expected. Encourage your friend to seek professional help if they are struggling to cope with their feelings.

5. What can I do to support my friend in the long term?

Even after the initial heartbreak has passed, your friend may still need your support. Here are some ways you can continue to support them in the long term:

• Check in with them regularly and let them know you are still there for them.
  • Plan regular activities or outings to keep their spirits up.
  • Encourage them to take care of themselves both physically and emotionally.
  • Remind them of their strengths and positive qualities.
  • Be patient and understanding as they continue to heal and move forward.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • sklay723
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
Replies