1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Heart bread tube

1. I was wondering (I am new to this)... I have a friend that has a heart shaped bread tube and she swears that it is from PC. It doesn't say PC anywhere on it... all it has is a hen in a nest and TAIWAN written under it. It's really no big deal, but I think she is lying to me because she knows that I just signed up. Can someone please verify for me what the bread tubes have on them to indicate they are a PC product? I am assuming that they have the PC logo (or whatever you call it) on it just like my spatula or baking stones.
    THank You!
    :confused:

Mar 10, 2006
  2. afshea

afshea Member

Yes, it is PC

The hen/nest picture was the original logo when Doris started the company 25+ years ago. We quit selling the heart tube a few years ago.

Mar 10, 2006
  3. I have a lot to learn...

Thank you for your response. Now I feel just horrible! As you can tell, I am a complete newbie and only have bought a few PC products in my life. I guess I better get on the ball of knowledge so I can pass it on to my customers.
    Thanks! :eek:

Mar 10, 2006
  4. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

And just incase it should come up, there used to be a star shaped one too! I kind of wish they would bring those back.

Mar 10, 2006
  5. afshea

afshea Member

Idea on how to handle this.

Some times people SWEAR to me that they got something from Pampered Chef. They KNOW that it came from us. There is really no point in trying to convince them that they are wrong...even though they sometimes are. Don't give them the opportunity to think of you as a liar! People tend to get defensive if you tell them they are wrong, whether they are wrong or not. Whenever someone asks about something that they KNOW they got from PC, that I am not familiar with, I say to them "I'm not familiar with that item. It must have been in our line before I was around." You, as a newby, certainly can't be expected to know every item that was ever sold by us, but remember that just because you aren't familiar with it, doesn't mean it didn't exist.

On the same vein...be careful at shows when someone starts complaining about an item. I have had people start ripping on their smooth edge can opener, stones and all sorts of other types of things. The first thing I ask when they start that is "What that from The Pampered Chef?" Usually, it's NOT! That gives me the chance to talk about how our product will be different. If it IS, that gives me a chance to talk about the warranty and how I can help them fix the issue.

Mar 10, 2006
  6. soonerchef

soonerchef Veteran Member

I wish they would bring back all of the different shaped bread tubes also. I was so excited when I got the heart and star tubes in one of my mystery boxes at conference last year. I love them!

Mar 11, 2006
  7. ChefNic

ChefNic Veteran Member

There was also a square shaped one... I think it was a good shape, I have the heart and star... and I never liked the star shaped one, seemed the dough wouldn't get into the points good. The square one I think should come back! to have two shapes, that can be used for any occassion...scalloped and square... but the heart and star are rather seasonal.

There was also a "flower" shaped one...it had less 'scallops' compared to the current scalloped shaped one.

Definitely when you go to National Conference, get a suprise pack !! You may get one! I have a "Magic Mop"... and a "Battery Operated Sifter" from my surprise pack... don't know what to do with them! But glad they discontinued them! heheee:p

Mar 13, 2006
  8. soonerchef

I rather like the Magic Mop, not that PC need to bring it back. It's great for soups/stews...all you do is lay it over the top and it will "magically" suck off all of the grease that lays on top. I got the Mop and the Sifter too, plus the Ice Shaver...my kids love that one though.

Mar 13, 2006
  9. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

what are the bread tubes for? obviously they are for bread but i mean what types of bread can you do with them? :D

10. soonerchef

I use it with refrigerated French Bread Dough...like Pilsbury, usually in with the cinnamon rolls and cresent rolls at the grocery store. Spray the inside of the tube with oil insert bread (after you take it out of the bread tube...I have had some hosts ask me if they bake it in the origianl packaging!) make sure both lids are on tight and bake standing up at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. When they are done I take them out of the tubes and let them cool for about 5 min, then spray them again and toast to make crostini's. I use the new Basil Blend Canola Oil in the Kitchen Spritzer and the bread turns out super yummy!

Mar 13, 2006
  11. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

ok so you dont make bread from scratch then...its not like a real bread cooker? i had someone order a bread tube a few months ago and never thought about what all could be done wtih it.

Have something to add?