• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Stoneware Recipes: Low Carb Ideas for South Beach Diet

In summary, Christine is excited about Stoneware month and wants to make gift packages with recipe suggestions for her friends. She is specifically looking for healthy, low carb options due to her friends following the South Beach Diet. Becky suggests using the It's Good For You cookbook for great and healthy recipes. She also shares her own recipe for BBQ chicken using stoneware, and acknowledges that it may or may not be low carb depending on the BBQ sauce used. Christine is new to stoneware and asks for tips on baking chicken on it, to which Becky suggests using a pan with a lip to catch any juices and using hot water for cleaning. She also mentions using a baking soda and water mixture for tougher stains.
chrisgodleski
Hi all!

I'm super excited for Stoneware month! I've been raving about our stones to all of my friends and everyone's excited to buy it for themselves and for Christmas presents.
I was thinking I'd love to make a gift package for peoples gift orders by giving guests recipe suggestions that utilize their stoneware selections. Specifically, I'm looking for healthy, low carb alternatives as many of my friends have recently been turned onto the South Beach Diet.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Christine

The It's Good For You cookbook has some great recipes.. I have not specifically gone through it for low carb, but everything I have made has been great and healthy.

I love doing BBQ chicken in my stone (I use either the Stoneware Bar Pan or the Medium Bar Pan), but I don't know it's low carb since BBQ has quite a bit of sugar in it....and or course, I put it on a bun. I know I've seen low car buns.

Anyway, I basically bake the chicken first on the stone. When it's done, I shred it with two forks (to get that nice "pulled" effect), then I mix it up with some BBQ sauce and put it back on the stone and back in the oven to heat it through and let the flavors soak in. Then I take it out, use our cool new Chef's Tongs to put some on buns and serve! It could be low carb depending on what sauce you use I suppose! I LOVE chicken (or any meat for that matter) cooked in/on the stones.

Becky I'm new to stones. When you bake the chicken (is there really no juices flowing on the bottom? Do you feel like it washes out safely?), How long do you bake it?

It sounds great!

I always do chicken in something with a "lip" on the side just incase there are juices. Then it won't mess up your oven. You're probably asking more for the clean up and stuff.....I'm not concered because I think everything bakes off in the cooking process, plus I wash my stones in REALLY hot water. If you're concerned about cleaning a stone up after cooking chicken, you could always use the baking soda and water mixture.

I think I usually cook it at 350, but I'm not sure how long. I do it until it's all white on the outside, but I always cut into it to make sure there's no pink left. Next time I do it, I'll try to keep track of how long it cooks. :)

1. Can I use stoneware for baking healthy recipes?

Yes, stoneware is a great option for baking healthy recipes. It is made from natural clay and does not contain any harmful chemicals, making it a safe choice for cooking food. Plus, stoneware distributes heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked dishes without added oils or fats.

2. What types of healthy recipes can I make with stoneware?

You can make a variety of healthy recipes with stoneware, including roasted vegetables, baked fish, and even homemade granola bars. The possibilities are endless and using stoneware allows you to cook these dishes without adding extra oils or fats.

3. How do I clean stoneware after cooking healthy recipes?

Cleaning stoneware is easy and requires minimal effort. Simply let the stoneware cool down completely before washing it with warm water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scouring pads, as they can damage the stoneware's surface.

4. Can I use stoneware in the microwave for healthy recipes?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to note that stoneware takes longer to heat up in the microwave compared to other materials, so you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly.

5. Are there any tips for using stoneware to make healthy recipes?

To get the best results when cooking healthy recipes with stoneware, it is important to preheat the stoneware in the oven before adding your food. This will ensure that the stoneware is evenly heated and your food will cook evenly. Also, avoid using cooking sprays or oils on the stoneware, as they can cause a buildup of residue over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef216
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mamavazquez
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
adventurechef
  • babywings76