• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Cooking Ideas for Best Friend's Party

In summary, the best thing to try from the new PC healthy cooking cookbook is the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco.
adnoel
Hi everyone -

I am doing a party for my best friend in a couple of weeks. She is a weight watchers gal and I really want to make something that is good AND good for you. I recently ordered the PC healthy cooking cook book (I am blanking on the exact name of it right now :)) and was wondering if anyone had any favorites from it. I haven't received the book yet, but if all goes well, I should get it tomorrow or Tuesday.

One thing, she isn't a seafood fan, which is too bad because a) I love it and b) it's actually quite good for you in moderation. I'd also really like to try to use the DCB in the presentation, but it's not mandatory.

Also, I got my fourth show and $1250 in sales in yesterday...all in my first 30 days! Yay me! What am going to spend those PC dollars on?!?

Thanks!

Congrats on your success! I made my goal in 30 days as well...almost a year ago. I was thrilled when I earned all those pampered chef dollars. The best thing I ever spent pc dollars on is the rolling case for $90. It was so worth it and I absolutely love it! It is the biggest help transporting supplies to and from shows. I also use it for things not related to pc. I am a tutor and a sub teacher and when my classes have parties at school, I load it up with my party supplies and goodies. I get smiles from the other teachers when they see me rolling it down the hallway and several have told me they wished they had one just like it!

There was another thread on here that suggested the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco from last year's Spring/Summer Season's Best or the Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas from the Weekday Dinners Done recipe cards. They aren't from your new cookbook, but both are healthy options that taste great and are done in the DCB.

Thanks, I LOVE the fajitas, but haven't tried the penne al fresco yet (although I have been meaning too.

Hi there!

Congratulations on your fourth show and reaching $1250 in sales in your first 30 days! That is amazing! As for your upcoming party for your weight watchers friend, I definitely recommend checking out the "Good and Good for You" section in the PC healthy cooking cookbook. There are so many delicious recipes in there that are perfect for those following a healthy lifestyle. One of my personal favorites is the Lemon Garlic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables. It's easy to make and packed with flavor. And don't worry about the seafood, there are plenty of other options to choose from in the cookbook.

If you're looking to use your Deep Covered Baker in the presentation, I suggest trying out the Garlic and Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin. It's a crowd-pleaser and the DCB makes cooking it a breeze. And with your $1250 in PC dollars, you have plenty of options to choose from for your next purchase. Maybe treat yourself to a new kitchen gadget or stock up on some pantry essentials. The possibilities are endless!

Best of luck with your party and I hope you and your friend enjoy all the delicious and healthy dishes you make from the PC healthy cooking cookbook. Happy cooking!

1. Can you provide some healthy recipe ideas for my best friend's party?

Of course! Some healthy options for a party could include a vegetable platter with hummus, fruit skewers, or a quinoa salad with fresh vegetables. You could also make mini whole wheat pita pizzas with different toppings for a healthier twist on a classic party food.

2. How can I make sure the food at the party is both delicious and healthy?

One tip for making healthy food taste great is to use fresh, seasonal ingredients. You can also incorporate herbs and spices to add flavor without adding extra calories. Another idea is to offer a variety of options, such as a build-your-own salad bar or a DIY taco station with lean protein and plenty of vegetables.

3. What are some healthier alternatives to traditional party snacks?

Instead of chips and dip, try serving veggies and dip or homemade popcorn. For a sweet treat, you could make fruit kebabs or dark chocolate-covered strawberries. You could also offer air-popped popcorn with different seasoning options for a satisfying and low-calorie snack.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for my guests at the party?

A great way to accommodate dietary restrictions is to have a mix of options, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free dishes. You could also label the dishes with their ingredients so guests can easily identify what they can or cannot eat. Additionally, consider asking your guests for any dietary restrictions beforehand to ensure you have enough options for everyone.

5. Can you recommend some healthy drinks to serve at the party?

Yes, there are many options for healthier drinks at a party. You could make a refreshing fruit-infused water, serve unsweetened iced tea, or offer a selection of low-calorie cocktails made with fresh juices and herbs. You could also set up a non-alcoholic mocktail station with sparkling water and different fruit juices for a fun and tasty option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pcleah
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies