• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy/Diabetic Bbq Fundrasier

In summary, the conversation is about a fundraiser and BBQ cooking show. The host is looking for a recipe that caters to diabetics or is on the healthier side. The person responding has the Great Grilling recipe cards but is unsure if they are suitable for diabetics. They suggest the Citrus Basil Salmon, Apricot-Glazed Chicken, Honey-Mustard Glazed Ribs, and Grilled Caprese Chicken as possible options. The person requesting the recipe for Grilled Caprese Chicken is a stay-at-home mom from New Jersey who has been with Pampered Chef for about 1.5 years. The recipe is then provided for the Grilled Caprese Chicken.
sonalnh
This is my first Fundraiser as well as BBQ Cooking Show. The Host wants a recipe that is catered towards Diabetics or on the Healthy side. I have read about the Great Grilling Recipes but haven't been able to find them. I could really use some HELP on this one. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance!

I have the Great Grilling recipe cards. But when you grill, you won't be showing off the Stoneware or Cookware, though

The Citrus Basil Salmon is easy and yummy
Apricot-Glazed Chicken is good too (but maybe not good for diabetics, since it has apricot preserves in it??)
Same with the Honey-Mustard Glazed Ribs
How about Grilled Caprese Chicken

Let me know if any of these sound good to you. I'll post the recipe

If you could post the Grilled Caprese Chicken recipe I would really appreciate it.
I see you're a Jersey Girl. I grew up in Jersey, but I've been in PA for 8 years now. I still don't like it. It's to quite and slow paced for me, and just the mention of New York City, put people into a panick. How's Pampered chef treating you in Jersey? So far so good here.

Thanks again for posting that recipe. :)

Sonalnh,

Where in Jersey were you? How long have you been with PC? I'm finding more and more people here selling it. It's been fun..about 1 1/2 years now!

Anyway, here's the recipe for Grilled Caprese Chicken!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4-6 oz each)
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1-2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
1-2 balls fresh mozzarella, sliced (about 4 oz)
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
Additional salad dressing (optional)
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste

1. Flatten chicken to an even thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer. Place chicken, dressing and garlic in resealable plastic food storage bag, turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.

2. Slice tomatoes using Chef's Knife. Slice mozzarella cheese using Egg Slicer Plus. Snip basil using Kitchen Shears.

3. Meanwhile, prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Remove chicken from marinade; discard plastic bag with marinade. Place chicken on gird of grill. Grill, covered, 10-12 minutes, or until Pocket Thermometer registers 170F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear, turning once using Barbecue Tongs. About 2 minutes before chicken is done, arrange tomatoes and cheese over chicken.

4. Remove chicken from grill to serving platter; sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with addtional dressing, if desired. Season with salt and black pepper.

Yield: 4 servings

I grew up in Glen Rock (Bergen County). I have been with Pampered Chef a year now, and I really like it. I'm a stay at home Mom with a husband that's not around alot, so this works really well for me, and I get a little adult time away from the kids.

Thanks so much for the recipe is sounds like it will be perfect.

What is a "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser"?

A "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser" is an event that combines the traditional BBQ experience with healthier and diabetic-friendly options. It is a great way to raise funds for a cause while promoting health and wellness.

What types of food are typically offered at a "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser"?

Some examples of food that may be offered at a "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser" include grilled lean meats such as chicken, fish, and turkey burgers, a variety of grilled vegetables, salads, and low-sugar or sugar-free desserts.

Are there any specific dietary restrictions that are considered for this type of fundraiser?

Yes, the menu for a "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser" is carefully planned to accommodate those with dietary restrictions, such as diabetes or food allergies. The focus is on offering nutritious and low-sugar options that are suitable for those with special dietary needs.

Can this type of fundraiser be customized for different dietary needs?

Absolutely! At Pampered Chef, we understand that everyone's dietary needs are unique. That's why we offer customizable options for our "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser" to ensure that all guests can enjoy delicious and healthy food options.

How can hosting a "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser" benefit our cause?

Hosting a "Healthy/Diabetic BBQ Fundraiser" not only raises funds for your cause, but it also promotes health and wellness within your community. It is a great way to bring people together for a good cause while also promoting a healthy lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindag
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • texaschef