• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Food and Drink Samples for an Outdoor Healthy Family Event?

a difficult question to answer without knowing more about your specific situation, like what kind of food you're serving (veggies and dip, fresh fruit cups, apple peeler/corer and quick apple crisp?) and what the expectations are for the food (a taste, sample, fundraiser?).
ChefMichele1
I'm doing a booth (outside in a park) for a Healthy Family Fun Walk and just found out that I need to have some kind of food samples. I'm having problems coming up with something since 1) people are in the "germaphobe" stage these days 2) it's outside (bugs, heat, etc) and 3) lack of brain power. They are expecting around 100 people. Any suggestions?

What if you did veggies and dip? You could do like baby carrots or something in a big bowl and have several dips. I like to make three dips - Southwest, Dill and Asian, all with the 1:1 ratio of mayo and sour cream. We like to make the same dip except use the BBQ seasoning in stead. You could put the dips on ice to keep them chilled or even do one dip and use the ice bucket as a "cooler" for it.

gwyn26 said:
What if you did veggies and dip? You could do like baby carrots or something in a big bowl and have several dips. I like to make three dips - Southwest, Dill and Asian, all with the 1:1 ratio of mayo and sour cream. We like to make the same dip except use the BBQ seasoning in stead. You could put the dips on ice to keep them chilled or even do one dip and use the ice bucket as a "cooler" for it.

That's an awesome idea. I see SA Dots all over it. See, here I am tryinhg to come up with some kind of "recipe". Thanks:)

Fresh Pineapple Salsa!! How much healthier can you get than that?!

If you're going to do dip as Gwyn26 suggested, you might want to look in the organic section of your grocery store to see if they have healthy alternatives to mayonnaise and sour cream (or, at least on of those). I know my store offers soy milk sour cream, for instance. Don't know how it tastes, but if you're adding a PC Panty item, I'm sure it'll turn out delicious!!

fruit cups that you premake and serve in paper cups with saran wrap on top. If you want to be really industrious, get the PC citrus peeler and first use your V-shaped cutter to cut tulip-style around the outside equator of an orange, then use the peeler and get just an orange "bowl" . Serve your fruit cup in these and you'll be the hit of the day! Healthy, eco-friendly and novel.

How about the apple peeler/corer and just turn as people walk up to get extra slices? Or banana/pumpkin/apple mini muffins.

Are you expected to have something out for people to pick up and sample that way? Personally, I don't think I'd sample vegetables and dip at a fair. Who knows what's on people's hands. And, as a TS rep experienced at a table next to me once, people do double dip. Then, you have to trash it. I would prepackage whatever you do in those little sample cups with lids. You could still do the veggies and dip, just have the little cups of dip on ice for people to pick up.

You could also make your own applesauce in the DCB. Then, put it in the little sample cups with lids and have little spoons. You could display it (the cups) on a dots plate or platter. Plus, you'd be able to talk about the dcb. I'll attach the fair coupon I adapted from somewhere on here to have that recipe on it.
8-10 large apples (I like to use tart apples)
1/2 c. sugar to a cup, depending on your taste (I like applesauce that is a little tart, so, I stick with the 1/2 c.. Plus, you can always add sugar later, not the other way around.)
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. cinnamon to 1 3/4 tsp. (again to taste)
Peel, core and slice the apples. Combine all ingredients in the dcb. Put the lid on and microwave for 12 minutes. Use the mix and chop to "mix and chop" the apples. Replace the lid and continue cooking in 3 minute intervals until the apples fall apart when mashed and turn into applesauce consistency. (When I made this last week, it took about 20 minutes total microwave time. However, I would NOT recommend 20 minutes in a row.)

the coupon i use with the apples in the dcb recipe and quick apple crisp.

Attachments

• boothcouponapples.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 733
I'm not much help on recipe ideas, but have you offered them a fundraiser?
When I have food, it's store bought cookies and candy on our three tier stand.

Jane.

Do serve the applesauce hot or cold? Thanks for the wonderful info.

Kristy

Kristy,
This is probably too late, but I would just serve it cold. At home, I serve it either way. For a booth, I would not worry about the temperature.

What about drink samples.. a punch recipe in the quick stir pitcher and very small paper cups (5 oz.) for just a taste... it would be easy and some of the punches are very colorful!! Just trying to think out of the box and easy!!

What is a "Healthy" Booth Recipe?

A "Healthy" Booth Recipe is a recipe that has been specifically designed and approved by our team of nutritionists to meet certain nutritional guidelines. These guidelines include being low in calories, fat, and sodium, and high in nutrients such as fiber and protein.

Are all Pampered Chef recipes considered "healthy"?

No, not all Pampered Chef recipes are considered "healthy." While we strive to offer a wide variety of nutritious options, we also have recipes that cater to different dietary needs and preferences.

How do I know if a recipe is a "Healthy" Booth Recipe?

All "Healthy" Booth Recipes are labeled as such on our website and in our cookbooks. Additionally, they will have a stamp of approval from our nutrition team and a breakdown of the nutritional information.

Can I make substitutions in a "Healthy" Booth Recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in a "Healthy" Booth Recipe. However, keep in mind that this may affect the overall nutritional value of the dish. We recommend consulting with a nutritionist or our customer service team for guidance on making substitutions.

Can I request a recipe to be made into a "Healthy" Booth Recipe?

Yes, you can request a recipe to be made into a "Healthy" Booth Recipe. We are always looking for new ideas and are happy to take suggestions from our customers. However, please note that not all recipes may be suitable for a "Healthy" Booth Recipe due to their ingredients or cooking method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ChefJtyle494
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chef_leeanne
Replies