• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Health Insurance for Consultants: Evaluating the Benefits

In summary, there are three types of health insurance available for Pampered Chef consultants: individual, group, and supplemental. These plans cover pre-existing conditions, with a possible waiting period for individual and group plans. The cost of health insurance varies depending on the plan and coverage options, with family members able to be added at an additional cost. There are typically no restrictions on the use of benefits for necessary medical expenses, but some plans may not cover cosmetic procedures, alternative treatments, and certain medications. It is important to carefully review the benefits and coverage options of each plan to ensure it meets specific needs.
cookinthehouse
Silver Member
Hey did anyone see under consultants corner under business mgmt... their is health insurance.... Has anyone used this or know anything about how good it is... This is exactly what i was looking for to go full time with PC....

Im having them run quotes for me... my hubby's healthplan at work is insane expensive (only 10 employees), so this is perfect!
I swear, PC just gets better and better!:D

Like many of you my husband's great insurance has been chipped away at for the last five years. We called, checked out the rates and if things keep going like they have been we might be picking it up. They have insurers competing for your business! The dental and vision is great because a lot of companies have taken that away. I already have had one consultant pick that up!
This recruiting tool is really going to get us a lot of new consultants that will take the business seriously. I hope it is deducted through the paycheck so they will need to consistently do shows to pay for the insurance. Does anyone know how they pay for it?

okay, maybe I'm an idiotbut I looked online at the PRO insurance thing and I just did NOT understand! They gave me like 12 different quotes with all kinds of different deductibles and co payments and all kinds of stuff.

I think its great that PC has health insurance and all, but why does it need to be SO complicated? (Not PC's part in it, but insurance and investing in general?)

I want them to offer us GROUP insurance! But they won't... hopefully this will be lower for us. a good thing.

1. What types of health insurance plans are available for Pampered Chef consultants?

There are three types of health insurance plans available for consultants: individual, group, and supplemental. Individual plans are purchased directly from a health insurance provider, while group plans are offered through Pampered Chef's partnership with a third-party insurance company. Supplemental plans are optional add-ons to individual or group plans, providing additional coverage for specific medical needs.

2. Are pre-existing conditions covered under health insurance for consultants?

Yes, pre-existing conditions are covered under group and individual health insurance plans. However, there may be a waiting period before coverage begins for a pre-existing condition, depending on the plan. Supplemental plans typically do not cover pre-existing conditions.

3. What is the cost of health insurance for consultants?

The cost of health insurance for consultants varies depending on the type of plan and coverage options chosen. Individual plans can range from $100 to $500 per month, while group plans through Pampered Chef can start at around $200 per month. Supplemental plans are typically less expensive, ranging from $20 to $100 per month.

4. Can I add my family members to my health insurance plan?

Yes, family members can be added to both individual and group health insurance plans. There may be an additional cost for adding family members, and coverage options may vary depending on the plan. Supplemental plans also offer coverage for family members, but at an additional cost.

5. Are there any restrictions on the use of health insurance benefits?

There are typically no restrictions on the use of health insurance benefits for necessary medical expenses. However, cosmetic procedures, alternative treatments, and certain medications may not be covered under some plans. It is important to carefully review the benefits and coverage options of each plan to ensure it meets your specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered Ruth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda