• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Running a Free Health Screening Booth

In summary, Trish is looking for advice on how to set up a booth at a health screening type fair. She is new to the process and is looking for suggestions on products and recipes to bring to the fair. Trish has displayed cookware, products for alternative diets, and tools to make preparing healthy meals easier.
ChefDella
i need some help, in may i have an opportunity, to have a FREE booth set up at a health screening type fair thing. i need some suggestions on maybe how to do this, i'm very new at this. only been in pc since basically jan. of this year. like i need to make a head of time some healthy type recipes. to have some samples and maybe some ways and some products that would be good to set up.

I don't have the cookbooks in front of me but you could take a look at the grill-it cookbook, the healthy eating cookbook, and the meals for two. Maybe make up some flyer/poster that show the calories and cost in fast food/box meals and the same in real/home cooked food. You could give out recipes (that you print) for healthy alternative meal. You could also stop by they health department and pick up some flyers on different diet plans (diabetic, healthy heart, etc) and then offer recipes that would fit in that catagory. There are two websites that offer things for specific diets: American Heart Association and the American Diabetic Association.

Mainly show how cooking for your family does more than bond them.

Oh you could pull in obsity in children too!

Hope this helps.

The cookbook is I'ts Good For You. They list all the nutrition information for each recipe. At my shows I talk about the health benefits of PC products. The cookware coating won't come off as with a regular non-stick pan. You don't have to use non-stick cooking spray (it's flamable!) in it. The same with our stoneware. I even use less oil, although Olive Oil is good for you. The Kitchen Spritzer is a good alternative (I actually don't like this all that much, though I use it all the time). You can also highlight the Salad and Berry Spinner, Herb Keeper, and Salad Choppers-it makes preparing those healthy foods that much simpler. Even a cookbook like 29 Minutes... is good because it shows how easy preparing a meal is in lieu of take-out. The Kitchen Shears cut off fatty chicken skin. Even the suds pump cuts down on soap usage and is a good environmental alternative to using plastic bottle after plastic bottle. I also tell everyone that it saved my hands this winter because the soap is so diluted. Prior to my using it, my hands were very cracked and dry and itchy. Our stoneware is US made, therefore no lead in the clay. It also holds in heat so you are not wasting energy keeping things in a warm oven. Just some ideas!
Jessica

I've done several Health Fairs. I hand out the following, along with a recipe card. If you don't want to create your own flyers about obesity, etc., contact your local hospital's dietitian or County Extension Agent,

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Products that Promote Good Health.doc
    229.5 KB · Views: 381
Thanks so much guys for the advice, i love all these ideas so far an plan on incorporating them into my day. keep up the good work

Love the flyer. Thanks. I just changed the info to mine and saved it so I can use it.

What a great flyer! Thanks for sharing it!

Definitely have the set of prep bowls displayed. Since my son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in November, I found that 3 sets of prep bowls comes in useful for measuring. Everything with type 1 is carb counting. Definitely have the different measuring tools out. Small batter bowl displayed. Works great for preparing lunches ahead of time.

Stainless steel- displayed

use boxes on top of your main table cloth, covered with a cloth, to lift your displays. Displays look much better when there are different levels.

1. What types of health screenings can be offered at a free booth?

At a free health screening booth, common types of screenings include blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), cholesterol, and glucose testing. You may also offer basic assessments for vision, hearing, and overall wellness.

2. How can I attract people to my free health screening booth?

To attract people to your booth, consider offering freebies or giveaways, partnering with a local health organization or community event, and promoting your booth through social media and word of mouth. You can also make your booth visually appealing with colorful banners and informative posters.

3. Do I need any special certifications or training to run a free health screening booth?

While it's always beneficial to have a background in healthcare, you do not typically need any special certifications or training to run a free health screening booth. However, it's important to have a basic understanding of the tests and screenings being offered and to follow proper safety and hygiene protocols.

4. How can I ensure the accuracy and reliability of the health screenings being offered?

To ensure accuracy and reliability, it's important to use properly calibrated and maintained equipment, follow established testing protocols, and have trained individuals administering the screenings. It's also a good idea to have a plan in place for referring individuals with abnormal results to follow-up care.

5. Can I offer personalized health advice or diagnoses at a free health screening booth?

No, it is not appropriate to offer personalized health advice or diagnoses at a free health screening booth. The purpose of these screenings is to provide individuals with basic information about their health and to refer them to follow-up care if needed. It's important to avoid giving medical advice or making diagnoses without proper training and qualifications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Sk8Mom209
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies