• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Health Effects of Our Cookware?

In summary, the conversation discusses the safety of different types of cookware, specifically hard annodized aluminum and non-stick coatings. It is mentioned that annodized aluminum is safe as it becomes aluminum-oxide and does not leach into food. The Autograph non-stick coating from DuPont is also considered safe, but the old Teflon coating is hazardous to health. It is recommended to cook on low heat and update cookware if it requires high heat. Information from DuPont is provided to further explain the Teflon issue.
Cookie
Does anyone know if the hard annodized aluminum is better for your health than the regular aluminum as far as not promoting alzheimer's, etc. I have never used aluminum cookware and one of my hostess' just brought up this subject with me and I don't know what to say. And what about the non stick caoting, is it safe? I know that the old kind, the teflon, is hazadous to the health. What about the one pampered chef uses? Does anyone know of any studies done that would relate to this. Thanks

Yes!This is how I understand the whole cookware thing. Maybe someone has a 'real and official' explaination.

Annodized aluminum is safe, not like aluminum. When aluminum is annodized it actually becomes aluminum-oxide. Aluminum-oxide is a stable compound, the aluminum doesn't leach out into the food at any heat. It's also why you can cook acidic foods in the PC Professional cookware - aluminum-oxide doesn't react to acids, regular old aluminum does.

As for the Autograph nonstick coating...go see the DuPont web site. They say it is their best quality non stick coating. The old teflon that is still around is on lower grade cookware. As for unbiased info about the Autograph coating, I don't know where to get that quickly.

Okay, so I'm trying to remember, so please understand that I may not be 100% correct...
But, as for the teflon, from what I understand, the Teflon releases fumes when it is heated to a certain temperature, which is usually when its on High on the stove. What's great about our Professional Cookware is that it cooks and heats evenly, so that you never have to heat your food on high heat. Actually, you should never heat anything on high heat. If you have to do that, then your cookware needs to be 'updated' :) I heard this from the Today show. Again, I may be off a little on details, but this is the basic idea.

Teflon issueHi. This came through on my cluster loop. This came directly from Dupont. It's answers the question about Teflon...which is a copyrighted (trademarked?) name...not all non-stick is Teflon, and only Dupon is Teflon. I have sent this to customers who have asked this question before, and it really helps answer their questions.

Happy selling! Nicole :D

Attachments

• Cookware-DuPont Teflon Coating.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 696
Thank you! This is just the information I needed!

1. What materials are used in Pampered Chef cookware, and are they safe for cooking?

Pampered Chef cookware is made from a variety of materials including stainless steel, aluminum, and non-stick coatings. These materials are all considered safe for cooking, as long as they are used according to the manufacturer's instructions.

2. Are there any potential health risks associated with using Pampered Chef cookware?

No, there are no known health risks associated with using Pampered Chef cookware. We take great care to ensure that all of our products are safe and free from harmful chemicals or materials.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef cookware with high heat without worrying about harmful fumes?

Yes, all of our cookware is designed to withstand high heat without emitting any harmful fumes. However, it is always important to follow the recommended cooking temperatures for each specific type of cookware.

4. Are Pampered Chef non-stick coatings safe to use?

Yes, our non-stick coatings are made without the use of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which has been linked to health concerns. We also use a multi-layered non-stick coating that is scratch-resistant and long-lasting.

5. How do I properly care for and maintain my Pampered Chef cookware to ensure its safety?

To maintain the safety and longevity of your Pampered Chef cookware, we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water and avoiding the use of abrasive cleaners or metal utensils. It is also important to regularly check for any damage or wear and tear, and discontinue use if the cookware becomes damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenm42
  • foodygirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • chrpangel