• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having Trouble With the Can Opener

In summary, the can opener should be placed on top of the can and the turning knob should be turned as usual. The "teeth" of the can opener should grip the lid and pull it off. The can opener does not go on the side like regular can openers and it may not appear to be cutting the lid because it is actually cutting the factory seal from the side. The "pliers" on the side can be used to grasp the edge of the lid and pull it up. It may be helpful to back twist the can opener once or twice for an easier release. The lid should not have a bite from Jaws as it would with a regular can opener. The Jaws theme can be used as a fun way to
ChefMary412
I am having trouble using the can opener. I cannot figure out how to use it! Can anyone help?

It lays flat on the can. not on the side like other openers. Had to reteach DH how to use it. LOL

Place the can opener on top of the can. Then turn as usual. Use the "teeth" to grip the lid & pull off.

It goes on top of the can instead of the side like a regular can opener. It also will not appear like it's cutting the lid because it's actually cutting the factory seal from the side.

Don't worry...it took me awhile to figure it out too!

It doesn't go on the side, like most hand-held. You place it on the top. Put the edge of the can between the two wheels. Close. Turn the handle. You'll feel the click when you've completed the turning. Use the gripper portion to pull off the lid.

stacywhitlow said:
Place the can opener on top of the can. Then turn as usual. Use the "teeth" to grip the lid & pull off.

You'll know you have it on there correctly when you can pick up the can with the can opener, then turn as usual.

It will not look like the can is open so you'll need to use the "pliers" on the side (move the arms back and forth, you'll see it) to grasp the edge of the lid and pull up.

Put the turning knob on top like it's the fin from Jaws. While making the appropriate Jaws music (dun-na etc) inch the can opener towards the can until it can take a "bite" from the lid of the can. If you can pick up the can with the opener, you have a good bite. Then simply turn the top dorsil fin and the lid will come off. Simple as pie.

EpTxGuy said:
Put the turning knob on top like it's the fin from Jaws. While making the appropriate Jaws music (dun-na etc) inch the can opener towards the can until it can take a "bite" from the lid of the can. If you can pick up the can with the opener, you have a good bite. Then simply turn the top dorsil fin and the lid will come off. Simple as pie.

Wow! I love that wording!

chefjeanine said:
You'll know you have it on there correctly when you can pick up the can with the can opener, then turn as usual.

It will not look like the can is open so you'll need to use the "pliers" on the side (move the arms back and forth, you'll see it) to grasp the edge of the lid and pull up.

I say they are pliers when I am demoing this too!!

I call that the parrot beak.

Just imagine this

Attachments

• JAWS.jpg
    JAWS.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,044
My DS one day pulled out my old can opener (non PC) and he attached it the same way you do the PC made it look just like it had been opened with a PC one.

Tip: I back twist mine once or twice, seems to help give the top an easier release.

flemings99 said:
Tip: I back twist mine once or twice, seems to help give the top an easier release.

That's in the instructions, too. (on the use and care)

Thanks for the help. I love the Jaws illustration. I am planning on having some soup for lunch, so I can try it out!

EpTxGuy said:

Luckily, the lid doesn't look like Jaws opened it!! If you used an old fashioned hand can opener, the lid would look like it had a bite from Jaws..and it would cut your hand like Jaws!!

I am with Rae on this one...great description!

The Jaws theme is a good way to demo it at a show, and people remember how to use it afterwards. I'm all for having fun at shows.

How about the older can opener with gray handle and knob? Top or side?

I believe our can opener has always been "smooth edged". . . So top.

At my last show I had someone hook under the lid with the 'side-fin' and pull up! I'd never seen that before and it worked.

Attachments

• side fin.JPG
    side fin.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 457
Is there any way it opens bottles?

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef can opener?

To use the Pampered Chef can opener, place it on top of the can with the blade attached to the lip of the can. Twist the handle to open the can. Make sure to hold onto the can with your other hand to prevent it from slipping.

2. My can opener is not cutting through the can, what should I do?

If your can opener is not cutting through the can, first check to make sure the blade is sharp. If it is dull, it may need to be replaced. You can also try adjusting the blade to make sure it is securely attached to the can. If the issue persists, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance.

3. How do I clean my Pampered Chef can opener?

To clean your Pampered Chef can opener, simply hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Do not put it in the dishwasher as it may damage the blade or other components. It is also recommended to clean the blade after each use to prevent buildup and maintain sharpness.

4. The handle of my can opener keeps slipping, what should I do?

If the handle of your can opener is slipping, it may be due to a loose screw. Use a screwdriver to tighten the screw on the handle. If the issue persists, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance.

5. Can the Pampered Chef can opener open other types of cans besides standard metal cans?

Yes, the Pampered Chef can opener is designed to open a variety of cans including pop-top cans and cans with pull tabs. It can also be used to open plastic containers with twist-off lids. However, it is not recommended for use on cans with sharp edges such as tuna or pet food cans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rebecca Balde
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rioron
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • byrd1956