• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having a Hard Time Getting Bookings

In summary, new consultant Monica is having a lot of difficulty getting bookings. She has tried free gifts, catalog orders, and more, but hasn't had much luck. She has been advised to attend vendor type fairs and flea markets, to be exclusive, and to Kick up her cooking when traffic gets low. She has also been advised to wear a PC logo-wear or carry a catalog, to get PC stickers for her car, to Pamper her business, and to reach out to her long distance friends.
monicaD
Hello Everyone! I am a new consultant and am really having a hard time getting bookings. I have tried free gifts, catalog orders etc. Any suggestions on how to get my business going? Thank you in advance! :)

If you look thru the past threads here in Bookings, you'll find a wealth of great ideas and info. We have such sharring members. You can go back thru many pages and just open the ones you find interesting. Then pick a couple and run with them.

Thank you very much!

Find vendor type fairs and flea markets. Don't pay too much, but remember that you get what you pay for. Sometimes it's worth the time & effort for a free booth, sometimes not. If you pay a lot (in my book that would be over $50) make sure you are exclusive. I once went in with two other consultants for a booth that cost each of us $150. I was not the one booking the booth. She was told that our booth would be on the bridal side of the event. This particular expo was a women's expo & bridal expo combined and was advertising two expos for the price of one. Had I done the booking, I would have mentioned that I preferred to be on the women's side at which point they would have told us that there was already a PC booth and I would NOT have booked that booth. I don't know how the other two did as my son got puking sick and I had to leave, but for me it was a bust. There were three home parties that were double booked in this manner. We were all furious. Needless to say, the traffic on the bridal side of the house was not nearly what it was on the other side of the house.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the advice, heck all the wonderful, helpful information I am finding on here. This site is great!

This is a great site! If you ask someone can't book, I would ask for a referral. Have you tried a kick off show?

I didn't think of that but will certainly try it. :) Yes, I did and it didn't work out so great! I did find in the files a cooking club idea which looks like it may get me started. Hopefully it will help branch out the bookings/customers.Thank you :)Monica

My director just shared with us an idea someone else in the company had. She was new to an area and needed bookings. She did a "no buy" party. She focused on showing the products and getting bookings. She made it clear on invites that she was not selling anything at that party, but to come eat, have a drink and look at the products.

When my shows and leads get low- I kick up my cooking! I'll send a treat and catalog with my husband to work. I'll ask some friends to come over for drinks and 1 or 2 recipe tastings. When my kids were younger and they had friends over I'd pull out some products and make them cute snacks or show them how to do it. I'll give my neighbors some sweet leftovers. Ladies game night- taking PC recipes.
This weekend we're going up north with 2 other couples to a cabin. I'm cooking some great stuff and having some catalogs in the car- just in case.

That's a great idea, thank you for sharing!

Contact all your long distance friends and offer catalog/Facebook parties. Make sure you believe in the wonderful host rewards program PC has. It truly is so generous! You are offering them great rewards for helping you out. For cooking shows, tell them about a great new recipe you love and how you'd love to show it to them, how you can show them how to get a healthy meal on the table between 15-30 minutes! Or that you'd love to treat them and their friends to a fun night out with a great dessert. They get time to visit with each other, eat and shop! (You can treat them to a Chocolate Lava Cake--very inexpensive)Wear logo-wear or at least carry a catalog tote. Get PC stickers for your car. Pamper a business. (Lots of ideas already shared here on CS, you can do a search for Pamper a business if you have questions.)Just remember, sometimes all it takes is one show--one great contact even, to turn things around. One show will introduce you to more new people. It's a lot easier once you get going and get out of your circle of family & friends. I don't know why it seems this way, but sometimes they make the worst hosts! lol

1. Why am I having a hard time getting bookings?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be that you are not reaching out to potential hosts or customers consistently, or that you are not effectively communicating the benefits and value of hosting a Pampered Chef party. It could also be that you are targeting the wrong audience or not offering enough variety in your party themes. Take a look at your approach and see where you can make improvements.

2. How can I increase my bookings?

First, make sure you are regularly reaching out to potential hosts and customers. Consider offering incentives for hosting a party or for guests who book their own parties. You can also try hosting online parties, reaching out to local businesses or organizations to host a party, or offering a referral program. Be creative and think outside the box to attract new bookings.

3. What can I do if guests cancel their party?

It's important to have a backup plan in case guests cancel their party. Consider offering a virtual party or a catalog party for those who can't attend in person. You can also reach out to other potential hosts to fill the spot, or offer a special promotion to encourage guests to reschedule their party for a later date.

4. How can I make my parties more appealing to potential hosts and guests?

Make sure you are offering a variety of party themes to appeal to different interests and lifestyles. You can also showcase new and popular products, offer interactive and fun activities, and provide refreshments or small gifts for attendees. Additionally, make sure you are effectively communicating the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and exclusive discounts.

5. What should I do if I'm not seeing results from my booking efforts?

If you're not seeing the results you want, don't get discouraged. Keep reaching out to potential hosts and customers, and consider revamping your approach. You can also ask for feedback from past hosts and guests to see where you can improve. Don't be afraid to try new and creative methods to attract bookings, and remember to stay persistent and positive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doodlbug329
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • timbimac
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • MrsNetNut404