• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having a Hard Time Bringing Less...

G
Gagescorpages
So I am REALLY trying to bring less to my shows - so my job doesn't look hard, because I need more recruits...
However, I have this fear that my sales will suffer if I don't show "enough" products.
Is anyone having this problem?
For example- I have a show tonight - 20 confirmed guests. I am making the Brie and have crate with tools for demo PLUS tool-turn about filled. I keep thinking : "should I bring the salad spinner" "should I bring the outdoor caddy"...yada yada.
HELP! :cry:
Also-
I am a printing/copying fool. Trying to do less of that, too - however, what to do??
Do I give all guests a copy of the new recruiting promo? Or just put one in binder and pass around?
Any advice, thoughts, etc is appreciated! :)

Sue - you can let go! Only take what you need for the demo and a small piece from any line not used (SA, Stones, Cookware, Knives). It has lightened my load tremendously and I don't feel as if my sales have suffered at all. I always tell my host that I will only bring what is needed for the recipe, but if there is somehting specific she wants to see to let me know and I'l bring that as well.

With that being said. I do tend to bring more at the start of the new season. But, I always make sure that I tell them they are getting a look-see at extras b/c I don't normally do this all season long - that I'm just excited about the new products and I wanted to share!

I only bring what I need for the demo, whatever's in my TTA, a stone (if one's not being used in the recipe), all of my Forged Knives.

I will also bring a SA piece if it's the special.

I try to encorporate next month's host special into the recipe I'm using, unless it's cookware - then I just bring my saute pan.

I have a binder I pass around with recruiting info and then I pass around my commission cheque separately.

I have a $600 show average and I recruit 1-2 per month.

Hope this eases your mind a bit.

First of all, why is the message box so small?!

Anyway...this week has been a lesson for me. I had a show on Tuesday. She totally forgot about her show and she is hard to get in touch with yada yada. So she put the show together in about 24 hours. I wasn't expecting much so I didn't plan much. She ended up with 4 guests and I left with $400 in orders. Tonight's show was expecting 15 guests. I just KNEW I was going to have a $1k show. She ended up having 5 guests and sales of only $230! I took so much stuff I could barely lift my case. AND they all kept asking me if I had more! One 1 booked!

Definitely more stuff doesn't equal more sales.

I decided in July to pare down. I always take my DCB, tool turn about and Santoku & Utility knives, a stainless medium bowl and cutting board.

I had 2 - $800 shows, 1- $900 show and a $600 show. That's pretty good for me in July.

Oh, on top of that, the last host, a Creative Memories consultant, was "helping me" take my products to my car after the show and she commented how she couldn't believe I could make it in one trip.

"Is this all you brought?" She DIDN'T even realize that I had done the WHOLE SHOW with only that much. (side note: I am working on recruiting her)

My advice is to try it for 1 month (1 or 2 shows is not enough) -- you wouldn't workout for 1 or 2 days and expect to see results, right?

Use the catalog!! That is why they pay people to create it! It doesn't have to be that hard....Good Luck!!!

What recipe did you do with those products Janice?

I only take what's in the kit, the 29 minutes cookbook, the SA round platter to serve on, my TTA and the 8" stainless pan. One trip in... one trip out.

BROWNIES AND ICE CREAM--
I will take the ice cream scoop-
10 exec saute pan a
knife-a cutting board
prep bowls and
SA Dots bowl---micro-plane
-vegetable peeler
-doing ice cream party's all month--taking a small bag---and putting it on the scale will re-post---before I go tonight-

I have been doing the Chicken Fajitas in the DCB and the microwave cake....I carry one crate, a small tote with paperwork, the TTA and the new consultant tote. The crate somes in handy if I don't clean the dishes at the show, so it is a must for me. TTA on one shoulder, new consulant tote on the other, carry crate & tote with paperwork in my hands! ONE TRIP!!!

A note on the microwave cake-I have always made the one where you "plop" in the icing andthen cook...always enjoyed it. Then I read a post on CS frim Nanisue...she makes the cake with 2 egss, 2 Tbsp oil and a pint of sour cream!!!!!!! OMGosh, it is to die for! So moist! I will make this recipe at every show!

A few years back Pat Rainville was a speaker at national conference and she talked about taking the "bare essentials" to shows and how to have $1K shows. It seems that she is now a co-founder of a DS company, and no longer does her speaking circuit. If you can get a hold of her tapes, she did provide some really concrete ideas on how to pare down the kit.

finley1991 said:
I only take what's in the kit, the 29 minutes cookbook, the SA round platter to serve on, my TTA and the 8" stainless pan. One trip in... one trip out.

How do you carry all that, plus cattys & order forms in one trip???
Do you use the crate or the Rolling Tote?

SusanBP0129 said:
How do you carry all that, plus cattys & order forms in one trip???
Do you use the crate or the Rolling Tote?

I use the new consultant tote, tta tote and a rubbermaid busboy bin. Cattys go in my new consultant tote in the side part.

I have been doing the Strawberry Creme Trifle or the Collossal Chopped Salad.

I do take a few other things, but they all fit in a small rubbermaid tote, my consultant bag and the TTA tote.

finley1991 said:
I use the new consultant tote, tta tote and a rubbermaid busboy bin. Cattys go in my new consultant tote in the side part.

Ahhhhh. SO then, theoretically, I should be able to bring my crate and the new consultant tote, yes? I need to get that new consultant tote, don't I...
Do you bring a laptop?

SusanBP0129 said:
Do you bring a laptop?

No... too lazy to carry it and I've had a few no-so-great experiences taking it... I've had kids (little ones) banging on the screen and keyboard then once, I walked away for a second to give someone her receipt and when I came back, the host's teenage daughter and her friend were on it. I told them I needed to get back to work and they told me to "wait". I looked at the host in shock and she said they were "just playing." It took about 10 minutes until I said something in a firm tone and got a "FINE!" and they stormed away. Very, very strange.

But really, I'm just too lazy to carry it. And when it's cold and snowy, the fewer things I have to carry the better.

1. "How can I bring less products to my shows without affecting my sales?"

One strategy could be to focus on showcasing a few key products that are versatile and can demonstrate a wide range of uses. You can also consider offering a digital catalog or online ordering options for guests to purchase additional products if they are interested.

2. "Is anyone else struggling with bringing less products to shows?"

It's common for many salespeople to have this concern, but by carefully planning and selecting the right products to showcase, you can effectively demonstrate the quality and value of your products without overloading your display.

3. "What should I bring to my show tonight?"

Start by making a list of the essential products that you want to showcase and focus on those. Avoid bringing items that are similar or redundant. Consider the space available and the type of audience you will be presenting to, and choose products that will make the most impact.

4. "How can I reduce my printing and copying at shows?"

Consider using digital materials instead of printed ones. You can also provide guests with a link to an online catalog or presentation that they can access on their own devices. Using a projector or screen to display materials can also save on printing and copying.

5. "Should I give all guests a copy of the new recruiting promo?"

It may be more effective to have one copy available for guests to view and pass around, rather than giving each person a copy. This can help reduce printing costs and also allow guests to focus on the presentation rather than flipping through materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • middlemamma
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BobbiG
  • tinawhite07