• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Email Sign-ups: Tactful Tips for Encouraging Accurate Information

but that's just me. Some people just want to win a prize and that's it. Other people (the vast majority) read the newsletters and mostly do nothing. Not much we can do about that.
emiscookin
...that when some people fill out a door prize slip (or even on the order form) at your show that they put down an email address they created for junk mail and they never check it!? Ugh...

I gotta admit I can understand why people to do that, but...

What is the best way (or tactful way) I can encourage people to put down their REAL email address so that I can contact them and send them monthly newsletters?

Thanks.

Be honest about why you want it and how you intend to use it. Offer a free recipe of the month in your newsletter. Respect their choice if they do not wish to be added to your email list.

I always tell them that I have a monthly news letter that I send out with specials and recipes and I promise they will not get any junk, joke email from me. Oh and I also let them know that its only once a month or twice if PChef comes with any specials that were not included on my newsletter.

So far pretty much everyone has given me their real email.

I have noticed that .....

Some don't put phone numbers.
Some don't put e-mail.
Some fill out nothing but their name!

Some people just want to win a prize and that's it. Other people (the vast majority) read the newsletters and mostly do nothing. Not much we can do about that. Some day they may surprise you and respond!

How can you tell if it's an account for junk mail?

chefmickey1 said:
How can you tell if it's an account for junk mail?

I've actually had some that say something along the lines of "[email protected]" :D

I'm very specific to tell my customers that the slip is for me to be able to provide them with the best service possible, an that the information doesnt' go beyond me. Yes, I'll draw a prize, but they know that's not the main purpose of the slip.

I also am working on getting better at checking the information at checkout with them. Asking which number is the best, making sure I have the email spelled right, and reminding them what they'll get in the newsletter and that I only send 2 a month.

Let them know that you are not going to spam them, that they can unsub any time they want. That you only send out one email per month - two if there is a special announced...that you share recipes and bargains...make it something they will WANT to read and receive. When I send out my newsletter (1x per month usually) I always end up with at least $150-$200 in sales within a day or two. Several times a year my emails newsletters bring out people who want to host shows or fundraisers or start their own businesses.

Thanks for the advice everyone. :)

I was actually corresponding with a lady from my church through her email I got on a Roster and invited her to my party. She said she would come and she did. She knew exactly what she wanted and was in the biggest hurry to leave after I did my demonstration. But anyway, on her door prize slip and order form she put a TOTALLY different email then the one I had been contacting her with. ;)
So, I kinda figured it was a junk mail one.

I just do what I need to do. You can not force anyone to do what you want them to do. Unless you have mob relations! I learned along time ago that if I stress about that stuff, I am only going to give myself a headache and I still won't get what I want from them. You could tell them the reason for the e-mail is to send them the recipe(s) you are preparing at the show they are attending. And then you still might not get a good address.

I say that they need to fill it out COMPLETELY to be in the drawing but then don't throw it out if it's not completely. But at least it gives them a little more incentive to fill it out. As for the lady that gave you a different one from the one you got off a roster, I personally have 4 different e-mails that I check and use regularly (1 PC, 1 for each of my two jobs, and 1 personal) so it could have just been that she created a new one at some point (the different one she gave you) but that old was is still on teh roster and she's getting them forwarded. Also, depending on whether I get to write it down or whether I have to spell it outloud to people, sometime I give them my easier work e-mail than my personal e-mail.

1. Have you noticed any changes in the quality of your products?

Yes, we have recently upgraded our materials to ensure that all of our products meet the highest quality standards. From our knives to our cookware, we are constantly striving to provide our customers with the best possible products.

2. Have you noticed any new additions to your product line?

Absolutely! We are continuously developing new and innovative products to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable for our customers. From kitchen gadgets to bakeware, we have something for every need and preference.

3. Have you noticed any changes in pricing?

Our prices are always subject to change due to various factors, such as material costs and market demands. However, we strive to offer competitive prices while still maintaining the high quality of our products.

4. Have you noticed any special deals or promotions?

Yes, we often have special deals and promotions available for our customers. These can range from discounted products to free gifts with purchase. Be sure to check our website and social media pages for the latest deals!

5. Have you noticed any changes in shipping or delivery times?

We are constantly working to improve our shipping and delivery processes to ensure that our customers receive their orders in a timely manner. However, factors such as weather and delivery carrier delays may impact shipping times. Rest assured, we are always doing our best to get your products to you as quickly as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
hperschnick
  • whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • britishchef