• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Hosting Your Own Show Worth It?

In summary, I think your director is trying to be supportive, but you may not feel that way. You should still host your own show and let her know that you are doing so.In summary, Katie's director told her that she was doing a diservice to her friends by hosting her own show. Katie was suprised and felt degraded. She points out that she has her down time with PC. The director encouraged her to host her own show once a month and she didn't feel good about the way her director had talked to her. After that talk, she felt she was judging her. She has had women tell her they didn't like having her as a director
Katiek77
I haven't had a show in about 8 months because I am in a Masters program and got pretty busy. I booked my own show and my director told me that I was doing a diservice to my friends by hosting my own show. She said that she has never hosted her own show and she put me down for it. I was quite suprised. I have had a teleclass in which the director of the teleclass encouraged us to host our own show once a month. I didn't feel good about the way my director had talked to me. I felt degradeed. She pointed out that I have my down time with PC. Hello, I am in a masters program! I dn't always have a ton of time to devote to PC. I feel like she is judging me. I used to really life her but after that talk I had with her this week, I realy felt she was judging me. I have usually been a fan of hers. I have had women tell me they didn't like having her as a director. This is the first experience I have had not the best experience with her. I am actually tempted to go inactive so that I may be able to sign up with someone else perhaps. I'll see how it goes.
Katie

Wow, I'm sorry you are feeling so hurt by your director, that's not what they should be doing!

I think you'll find that LOTS of consultants host their own shows, frequently. As far as it being a disservice to your friends, not everyone that wants to purchase wants to host a show. Are you able to schedule shows for the people that might be interested in hosting and earning the benefits? Maybe your director is looking at it like you are turning down opportunities for shows where others could benefit but you're finding time to host your own and get the commission and the benefits? I'm not saying you are, just wondering if that's what she's thinking...

Either way, host your own show proudly and remember that this is YOUR business.

I think you should DEFINITELY host your own show! It's a great way to announce that you are starting your business. :D Encourage your guests to bring one or two (or three or four!) people that you don't know with them. It will help you meet new people! And, your friends are more likely to volunteer to host a show to help you get your new business off the ground. Your charter hosts get an extra little gift from Pampered Chef for stepping up and helping you get started. I'm so sorry that your director is not being supportive! (((hugs))) There are many of us here who would be more than willing to give you the support that you need to get going. :) Heck I'm even up in the middle of your night to answer those last minute questions that you might have to submit a show before a deadline. LOL

Your director is in a very small minority if she doesn't host her own shows. I've never known a consultant of any level who didn't at least have a Host Appreciation Show or something like that occasionally.

AND - there are many consultants who succeed and excel despite their directors.

Host your own show.....and don't worry about her comments. It's your business, and that means you decide what works for you. Keep going, and let the comments slide. Have fun, and you'll see your friends book. Sheila made a great point about asking your guests to bring some friends. Becky D is right....most of us have all held our own shows....we want the host specials too! lol

I host my own show once a month and the majority of my guests are my friends and family who do not want to host their own show. Sometimes they bring outside orders themselves. Yes, host your own show once a month so you can get free products. Your director was not very professional when she told you that. She should have encouraged you not discouraged you. Don't let what she said discourage you from the business. *hugs*

I host my own every now and then, especially if I'm not generating enough bookings/sales. I've done it as a "Customer Appreciation Show" or an intro to the new selling season--new recipes, new products (kind of a season kick-off party). The first one I did was a "Grand Opening". This year, I'm doing a "Christmas Shopping Girl's Night Out" where they can come and get some Christmas shopping done and treat them to some yummy desserts. I'm going to have them make their wishlists and let them know I can e-mail it to their husbands or moms or someone if they'd like me to. But it's great hosting your own show. It also gives you a more comfortable atmosphere with asking your guests about booking their own show. It's easier to talk to them about it after they've just had a fun time, then calling them cold and trying to build up excitement.

I also host my own show's and try to do and Open House twice a year to show the new products. Boo on your director for bringing you down, remember this is your business. You work it for you, soooo if you want to book your own show GO FOR IT!!! Call past customer's about pantry item's time to restock??? Let family and friends know you are submitting and order and do they need anything???. You don't have to do a "Cooking Show" if you don't want to.

I also think it is a great way to add to your collection, show off your products i.e. new catalogs/season change! another great way to spice it up is to throw in a mystery host program for everyone that purchases...in the running to win host benefits! SOrry to say but ignore your director! before you think about going inactive consider your career sales??? not sure where you are with that! Best wishes!

I agree with all of the above, host your own show. My director encourages us to do at least one a month. I don't but she feels strongly in it.
As for thinking about going inactive, I definitely wouldn't. I would however call the home office and speak with them. You don't have to say anything negative about your director and can ask for a hospitality director in your area. There may just be someone awesome right around the corner that would be a positive influence for you. Also, my director gives us what she calls a "lifesaver list" which includes the contact information for other directors on her team that we can call if she is not available. Do you have something similar?
I wish you the best of luck with your business.

I host my own show at the start of each season. I do an "In and Out Tasting Party". In with the new catalog, out with the old one and a tasting party of the new recipes. When I do this I have a ticket game. I send out invites and tell people to bring others! I give them a ticket for RSVPing, a ticket for showing, a ticket for ordering (whether they come or not), a ticket for bringing me an outside order and a ticket for each friend they bring (and the friend gets their own ticket for coming). I also give a ticket for people filling out an opinion form on the food. I then do drawings for the host special/specials, and at least one half price item (more if I have over $500 in sales.) People love it and my last party had over 25 people come and go, over $600 in orders and VERY happy people who still talk about it to their friends and look forward to the next one. Oh- I give everyone free shipping.And if you haven't had a show in 8 months then you are going to have to resign. Find a person you like (even one here) and feel free to resign (the mini kit is only $65). You can use your mini kit items (since you may already have them) as giveaways as you restart your business).

Last edited:
darlinclem said:
I host my own show at the start of each season. I do an "In and Out Tasting Party". In with the new catalog, out with the old one and a tasting party of the new recipes. When I do this I have a ticket game. I send out invites and tell people to bring others! I give them a ticket for RSVPing, a ticket for showing, a ticket for ordering (whether they come or not), a ticket for bringing me an outside order and a ticket for each friend they bring (and the friend gets their own ticket for coming). I also give a ticket for people filling out an opinion form on the food. I then do drawings for the host special/specials, and at least one half price item (more if I have over $500 in sales.) People love it and my last party had over 25 people come and go, over $600 in orders and VERY happy people who still talk about it to their friends and look forward to the next one. Oh- I give everyone free shipping.

And if you haven't had a show in 8 months then you are going to have to resign. Find a person you like (even one here) and feel free to resign (the mini kit is only $65). You can use your mini kit items (since you may already have them) as giveaways as you restart your business).

:confused: Although, will that still be available when her time expires? Also, others say it's 6 months, and that's also what I thought I read in the policies. It's 6 months of inactivity-not submitting $150 in sales. Right now, I thought the mini kit was advertised at being extended through till the end of December. But maybe I'm wrong and missed it being announced that it's a permanent offer?

Either way, going inactive means putting your business on hold for many months. If you are excited about your business and want to be doing it now, then don't let this director get you down. This is your business and you made the investment in getting started. You don't want to have to pay again to start over because of one person's attitude. She can't fire you, and you don't have to attend her meetings. Either check into the possibility of a hospitality director or communicate w/ your current director about your feelings in a kind but honest manner. But no matter what...you have a family of consultant friends right here. This site has so much to offer and honestly, I get more ideas and encouragement and training right here! Don't get me wrong, I have a great director and I find value in our meetings, and I regularly attend...but this site truly is awesome! :D

Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement. It is sooo great! I actually did do a very small show in June that I had forgotten about. I would be inactive in January. I did talk to home office. They suggested I talk or write her an email. I did write her one. I let her know that most directors encourage their downline to host their own shows. I don't care about earning free products, or selling a ton at my own show, I am more interested in getting bookings. My director told me that I was doing a diservice to my friends because I was depleting their guest leads. However my friends all have other friends so I don't see how that could happen. I'm not sure what my director will write back to me, but we'll see. Thanks for the support!
Katie

ARen't you depending on your friends leads when you have a show for them. They are providing the guests that we all hope are going to book shows off of their show, so I don't really see how it is any different.

This may be different than what you're all talking about, but I submit my own show whenever I get $150 in outside orders and don't have someone else hosting a show for me.

Thanks for your kind, supportive responces. I wrote a kind email to my director. I just mentioned things in a positive way stating, that I hope she wasn't upset with me. She wrote back saying "You can run your PC business anyway you like, the point I was trying to make is that if you keep hosting your own shows over and over and inviting the same people it burns out your friends. You need to break out of that circle" I wrote back to her "I hosted my own show over a year ago and had a great turnout. My friends are very social so it works well for me. I don't invite the same people, over and over, I have a lot of friends. I don't think hosting my own show a year apart is too much....." I then wrote (and I'm not sure if I should have done this) "I'm not sure if you realized this but I felt that with the way you talked with me and the email responce you gave me that you are judging me and discouraging me. If you are going to be kind courteous and encouraging great, but if you are going to judge me and discourage me, I'd like to know because I want PC to be a positive experience for me" If she writes something rude back I am seriously going to consider going inactive so that I can sign up with someone else. I tend to me a rather shy, kind hearted person. I rarely ever have run ins with people ever. I am studying to be a special education teacher, I'm the sweet type of person. I just felt really judged. Just because my director has never hosted her own show doesn't mean she should discourage me and jump to conclusions about me as well. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. I'm usually a very non-confrontational person. Thanks for your words or support.
Katie

(((hugs))) I hope you get the type of response you are looking for ;)

Thanks,
My gut feeling is that my director will say the same things and not be apologetic at all. I was just so suprised at how degrading she was in the way she spoke to me and in her email. I love Pampered Chef and I have never ever had an issue with anyone in the company before. I don't want to go inactive but I do want to be with another director unless my director is at least a wee bit apologetic about the way she hurt my feelings.

I can't even begin to tell you how much all of your posts and encouragment has meant to me. I wasn't sure if I should write about this problem. I am a nonconfrontational type of person. I didnt want to be a Debbie Downer either. I was pleasantly blessed to have recievd so many kind, thoughtful words.
I look back and actually wish that I didn't confront my Director. But what is done is done. I haven't head back from my director so I take it as a yes that she is still standing by her works and meant them. I have made a decision that if she doesn't apologize to me or try to be kind etc, I will become inactive so that I can join another team that is a better fit for me. Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can repay all this kindness back to you.
Sincerely,
Katie

you needed to confront your director. while it won't help you, it may help other consultants in her future.

I hosted two of my own shows last year. My anniversary thank you to past hosts and friends for helping me get my business started and then a help whip cancer party in May. They both were fantastic. I even had one of the soon to be hosts come just to see what she wanted to purchase when she earned all of her free products. I had encouraged her to bring some of her guests to see the products too. What is so great about hosting your own party is you get to show EVERY p chef product that you own (and borrow). Can't carry it all to a regular show.

Run the business the way you want - and move on. Good luck to you!:chef:

I really hope that you can work things out with your current Director and keep moving forward in your business rather than having to go inactive to re-sign under someone else. I'd hate to see you have to start over in a few months trying to get the booking ball rolling again.But, if you decide that re-signing is the best route for you, I know there are LOTS of us here that would love to have you on our team! :D Including me!!!

1. What are the benefits of hosting my own Pampered Chef show?

Hosting your own show allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host bonuses. You also have the opportunity to share the Pampered Chef experience with your friends and family, and potentially earn additional income.

2. How do I host a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a show is easy! Simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant, and they will guide you through the process of setting up a show and inviting guests. You can also host a virtual show online for added convenience.

3. Do I need to purchase products to host a show?

No, you do not need to purchase products to host a show. As a host, you have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show.

4. How long does a Pampered Chef show typically last?

A Pampered Chef show typically lasts 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and the type of demonstration being held. However, your consultant will work with you to find a time that fits best for you and your guests.

5. What type of support will I receive as a host?

As a host, you will receive support from your Pampered Chef consultant throughout the entire process. They will help you plan and promote your show, as well as provide guidance and tips for a successful event. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers customer service support for any questions or concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • keynibear