1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Have you hosted a BeautiControl Party?

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Just curious. What was your experience?

2. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I have been to one, I like their skin care and I am VERRY picky. I have super sensitive skin. The party was fun. Host benefits are not great.

May 15, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks Paulette! I was at an event and the products looked really interesting. The consultant at the event was annoying. I booked with a gal I met months ago, instead of going with the gal I met at the event.

One of the reasons I didn't go with the gal last week was she wore her name tag upside down. I couldn't handle it. I knew it was a tactic they probably use, but it made her appear annoying to me.

4. leahevanson

leahevanson Member Gold Member

I found it tacky that in order to get the host benefits, two guests at the show I attended had to book a show, or she wouldn't get anything but her % off. Yuck.

May 15, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

Yikes. I was really up front with the consultant that I wanted to see the products and not many of my friends will drive out to my house. The funny thing is I think she wants to see some PC products so I may get an order out of this. he he...

6. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

7. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Been to a show, a customer sells it. She loves it and claims she makes lots of money. I just bought a cuticle pen and massage oil...couldn't afford much. It was fun but nothing to get excited about. I thought the host benefits were awful...

May 15, 2009
  8. elizabethfox

elizabethfox Advanced Member Gold Member

A friend of mine invited me to one she was having last night, but I couldn't go because I didn't have a sitter. I did go online to look at their host benefits and I agree.. they are pretty awful. :(

May 15, 2009
  9. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I use the facial wash/scrub/moisturizor stuff and really like it. I tried to have a show and the thing was I could get one of the sets for 50% off. The weather turned bad - lots of ice - so it was cancelled but the consultant still gave me the discount for trying.

I did attend a show of another consultant and it lasted 3 hours!!!! It was a large crowd and by the time she got everyone's faces washed and masks put on and washed off then her presentation it was 2 1/2 hours - then I had to wait to order which was another 1/2 hour. Check out wouldn't have taken so long if she didn't have to keep running to her car for more supplies and stock. And this is a big wig with the company! Ick!

May 15, 2009
  10. KellyRedHead

KellyRedHead Advanced Member

With a party that big (and if she is a seasoned consultant with them) you would have thought she would have brought and assistant to help her get the stock from her car!:eek: I have seen many consultants bring someone else along to help with a show that huge.

Just my opinion-
    Kelly V.

May 15, 2009
  11. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

I use BC products daily. I LOVE THEM. I even have my 12 year old using the sensitive skin line (you can tell if she slacks off for one day from using them) and we just LOVE the products. I agree now that they have a hostess program, it stinks...terrible. Prior to the hostess program the individual consultant decided how much Free to give to the hostess...and we got ALOT more then. I never really cared for the consultant that I used but then she signed one of my best friends and then 2 other friends, so now i just mix my orders between them.

But it is TONS of fun and I have so much of their products that I will occassionally invite my friends over for a "spa day" and we watch movies and soak our feet, use the eye pads and do the lip treatments...without the consulant or having to buy a thing...'cept for food and beverages-we share that cost. Speaking of...I need to plan another one....

12. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

BeautiControl products are wonderful. Yeah, the host benefits the company suggest are not great, but they do encourage bookings. However, I generally give my hosts 20% off their order...even without the two bookings...and 40% off their skin-care set...anyone who books gets their skin care set at 40% off and they don't have to wait till their spa to get it.

The products have improved my skin 300%...and yes you can tell when you don't use them. The new warming scrub that will be available in June is awesome!!

May 15, 2009
  13. BlessedWifeMommy

So the consultant is really on the ball, she got the evite out. Of course 4 people said they couldn't come right away. That's okay, I'm getting used to people telling me no.

14. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

BC products are FABULOUS! - but I don't care for the Hostess Benefits compared to PC - haha!

May 19, 2009
  15. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks everyone! I only had one person show, but we had a ball! It was fun!

I loved the products. She had to order my stuff, so I am waiting to start using it.

I am surprised at the investment in inventory that they expect. She is doing well and hasn't been stuck with anything, but wow, you could really order too much and not sell it.

16. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Ok, I HAVE to do this.....look up spa show notes and recipes in our files section....they have basic kitchen ingredients and our PC goodies, of course for girls spa night. Ok, I feel better....thanks!:D

Have something to add?