• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Invited 40 People...

In summary, the conversation revolves around hosting a kitchen show and the concern of having no one show up. Suggestions are given for successful follow-up methods to increase attendance, such as a raffle and personal phone calls. Personal experiences of inviting large numbers of people to events are also shared.
emiscookin
(or your host did) to a show and not a SINGLE ONE showed up!? :(

That hasn't happened to me, but I am doing my debut kitchen show on the 13th and I invited 44 people!!! I'm hoping at least HALF of those people can make it because they say that's the norm. But...is there a possibility that no one will want or can come??? :confused:

Most of these folks live about 20-25 minutes away from me so...would that be something to keep them from coming? I mean, I doubt it because they are all lifelong friends, but...I just worry too much I guess. ;)

But yeah, back to the original question (cause I am curious):
Have you ever invited 40+ people (or your host did) to a show and not a single one showed up??

I have never had that happen. Follow up is really important though. The best shows are with the hosts who do the best job following up. Send the invite, then call, email, invite personally until you've heard from everyone one way or the other.

Best of luck!

I did have a host one time who invited over 40 (I know - because I mailed them), and only had 3 show up. She did her follow-up too....she just forgot about a couple other major events the same night as her show. She was devastated. She did end up getting a bunch of outside orders though.

I had a host invite 66 people (And I sent them, that postage was an ouch) and no one showed up except her mom and grandmother. I'll blame the icy snowstorm that hit that same evening, but it does happen.

Call each one personally. Have a script and get through the list. Remind them to bring a friend. If you speak with a specific person, ask which product they are most curious or excited about, and maybe you can bring it.

yup... I invited 60 to a jewlry party 3 years ago... Not one showed! Thank goodness I have 10+ REVP's for my Pure romance party on Saturday!

I agree with everyone-follow up! follow up! follow up!
Some other fun things you can do to encourage attendance:
*Give tickets for a raffle for the following:
RSVP by "x" date
Arrive to the party 10 minutes early and get 5 tickets, arrive on time and get 3 tickets, get there 5 minutes late and get 1 ticketIf you have already sent out the invite I would call each person individually to get the rsvp and fill them in on these fun raffle I am doing and to hype up how much fun it will be and how much I would love to see them there! You will be shocked at how far that one phone call will go for your attendance! If you invited 40+ people you will want to budget about 2 hours to get them all done but it will be well worth your time! While you are at it you might as well kill two birds with one stone and see if they will book a show too.
Two days before the show I would also send out a reminder phone call using postcalls.com .
I do a Christmas open house each year for all my hosts and usually get around 80 people but I also do a ton of follow-up and the raffle really seals the deal for getting them to rsvp since they want to be in on it!
To save on expense for food I also do a cookie swap raffle (you could do this with any kind of recipe/food group). They get a ticket for each dozen cookies they bring and then I am only providing main food not desserts since there are a ton of cookies for everyone to nosh on! :)

letmepamperu13 said:
I agree with everyone-follow up! follow up! follow up!
Some other fun things you can do to encourage attendance:
*Give tickets for a raffle for the following:
RSVP by "x" date
Arrive to the party 10 minutes early and get 5 tickets, arrive on time and get 3 tickets, get there 5 minutes late and get 1 ticket

If you have already sent out the invite I would call each person individually to get the rsvp and fill them in on these fun raffle I am doing and to hype up how much fun it will be and how much I would love to see them there! You will be shocked at how far that one phone call will go for your attendance! If you invited 40+ people you will want to budget about 2 hours to get them all done but it will be well worth your time! While you are at it you might as well kill two birds with one stone and see if they will book a show too.
Two days before the show I would also send out a reminder phone call using postcalls.com .
I do a Christmas open house each year for all my hosts and usually get around 80 people but I also do a ton of follow-up and the raffle really seals the deal for getting them to rsvp since they want to be in on it!
To save on expense for food I also do a cookie swap raffle (you could do this with any kind of recipe/food group). They get a ticket for each dozen cookies they bring and then I am only providing main food not desserts since there are a ton of cookies for everyone to nosh on! :)

GREAT IDEA! And everyone else, your advice has been helpful as well.

So far I have gotten 2 no shows (one has to work the other will be out of town) but hopefully I won't get more of those. :(

This is my FIRST party!! I want it to be a success!! I don't wanna get burned with this business like I did the last. :cry:

I invited my entire customer base for the open house I just had and only 8 people showed up (and only 2 were non-family). That may sound like alot, but it's not when you consider that I had 5 other DS reps there and they had all invited their customer bases too. So I'm thinking my percentage was less than 1% showed up.

Also, it averages out to about 1/4 of the invited show up, not 1/2. I'd LOVE it if it was 1/2!!!

I did an open house and put it on my monthly newsletter. Granted, a good portion of my customers are from the states or have since been moved by the military & are no longer in Okinawa ... but I was still surprised at the turnout. I had intended to push bookings for my new recruits, but all the ones who came had just hosted or were already on the calendar to host. I was shocked to end the 3 hour event with a $600 catalog show! I really wasn't expecting that, but was super happy! I got the Forged Cutlery Carving Set for free! :DI did the ticket idea similar to what's above. So many entries if they RSVPd by a certain date, so many tickets if they brought a friend, so many tickets for every $25 in orders, etc. Then my prizes were personal coupons that could only be redeemed by me. They loved it! I had the large collapsible bowl about 1/2 full of drawing entries!!!But I do think your turn out depends on who you invite. You mentioned that you did another direct sale company. Was it recently? Are they tired of you trying to sell them stuff? If so, they may be less likely to come. But if you haven't marketed to them constantly for months, and they are supportive with your new business, you'll probably have a good turn out of supporters.I had a hostess who had JUST started her own direct sale business, but wanted to host a show with me too. Not one person RSVPd and not one person showed up. I think she had already exhausted them with pushing her business until they were done. ;)

Sheila said:
But I do think your turn out depends on who you invite. You mentioned that you did another direct sale company. Was it recently? Are they tired of you trying to sell them stuff? If so, they may be less likely to come. But if you haven't marketed to them constantly for months, and they are supportive with your new business, you'll probably have a good turn out of supporters.

Oh no! My other direct selling business was 2 years ago back in GA. I am good. ;)

Open Houses are notorious for people not showing up. Tether your event with "Chocolate Demo at 1pm" or "5-ingredient dinners done in 20 minutes at 4pm" or "Margaritas to Help Whip Cancer at 8pm" or something to get people there at a specific time. Just "y'all come" doesn't cut it.Sitting at home or simply doing one's own life is better than showing up to someone else's house where they sell you stuff...
Remember W.I.I.F.M. -- the radio station that everyone listens to? What's In It For Me? Make it a draw that they can't stay away from!(MEET THE NEIGHBORHOOD TIME! Setup a neighborhood watch group. Reps from our local police / local fire department will be there with suggestions.) OR, Have a flyer with coupons for folks to bring their friends.Better yet, make it into a Mega Show by securing 1 or 2 hosts to bring their friends, and share the host benefits. Coach each independently to have a great show, and you're on your way. Some ideas follow...Bottom line, secure folks you KNOW will be there: that's YOUR job as the successful consultant. Don't leave it up to hope, (Help...One Person Even?)to maybe (Might Anyone Yearn to Be at my Event) or to wish (Well I Should Have...). In the words of a starship capatain... make it so!Good luck!

Attachments

• guide to a successful mega show.doc
    34 KB · Views: 582
  • 2009_Nov_MVOH_invite.doc
    403 KB · Views: 299
  • BOOKINGideas.doc
    22 KB · Views: 425
scottcooks said:
Bottom line, secure folks you KNOW will be there: that's YOUR job as the successful consultant. Don't leave it up to hope, (Help...One Person Even?)to maybe (Might Anyone Yearn to Be at my Event) or to wish (Well I Should Have...). In the words of a starship capatain... make it so!

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your wonderful ideas! I am currently on my 3rd week with Pampered Chef and loving every minute...Haven't been super successful with bookings yet but I love your Booking Ideas sheet. I am going to use it! Thanks for sharing!
~Abigail

I have my first show as a consultant in a couple of weeks, but I hosted a show in June where 25 people showed up and 3 people booked shows (I only invited 29). This has been my experience with all 3 PC shows I hosted in the past. I make it a point to get out invites at least a month in advance, mention the upcoming show weekly in casual conversation, and make sure to have plenty of food. I also usually mentioned the recipes we were making beforehand to entice them to come. It has worked well for me- all 3 shows were $1200+. I hope I can find a lot of hosts like myself!

Good luck with your first show!

What does "Have You Ever Invited 40 People..." mean?

"Have You Ever Invited 40 People..." is a phrase commonly used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to hosting a party or event with at least 40 guests in attendance.

Why is inviting 40 people important for a Pampered Chef party?

Inviting 40 people to a Pampered Chef party allows for a larger audience to experience our products and potentially make purchases. It also increases the chances of earning host rewards and free products for the host.

How can I invite 40 people to my party?

There are many ways to invite 40 people to your Pampered Chef party. You can personally invite friends, family, and acquaintances, share the event on social media, or even reach out to local businesses and organizations.

Is it necessary to have exactly 40 people at my party?

No, it is not necessary to have exactly 40 people at your party. The goal is to invite at least 40 people, but the actual attendance may vary. Having a larger group can be beneficial, but the most important thing is to have a fun and engaging event for all attendees.

What are the benefits of hosting a party with 40 people?

Hosting a party with 40 people can have many benefits, including a higher chance of earning host rewards, a larger audience to demonstrate products to, and the potential for increased sales. It also allows for a fun and lively atmosphere, making the event more enjoyable for all attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kevin Ranoldo
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emiscookin