• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Worth Participating in a Vendor Event Without Conducting Sales?

In summary, you can set up a table at a fundraiser event to generate leads, but you cannot take orders. You can offer a door prize and get the contact information of potential hosts and recruits.
Rossana
Gold Member
I had a local womens clothing store ask me to set up a table for a vendor event. Here's the catch: I can not take money/orders! What can I do? Should I even do it? HELP!

It's all about the leads. Provide a door prize and get their contact info so you can follow up. You are looking for hosts and recruits so set up the display with kit items and host favorites.

Plus people could let you know they were interested in ordering and you could call them later. Don't quite understand you not being able to do so at the store- but you can definately work around it.

Thanks for you help!

Yes, I rarely get orders from vendor events anyways...its usually about the contacts and the parties booked. My question is, what kind of vendor event doesn't sell stuff? Many other direct sales companies do cash and carry, and many people come to vendor events to BUY stuff. If you do this, let us know how it was handled and how you did

I rarely ever go to an event with the goal of getting a lot of orders. My main focus is always booking leads and recruiting leads.

I've done some vendor events that didn't result in more than 2 sales - not worth it that day, but contacts were made. I would give out recipe cards (rather than an item) to everyone who stopped or seems interested - with your contact info on the front, of course! You may be able to take names, e-mails and phone numbers, to add to your newsletter list &/or call. Have a tri-fold board (like the kids use for science projects) or something similar, set up with host specials and guest specials, and some of our other literature. Offer a Free Show to hosts that book from this event - you bring the food but the host gets the Cooking Show benefits. I always say "Welcome to Pampered Chef World" as people go by my table, then if they stop, I ask what their favorite product is, have they seen "THIS" - which is a new product or the DCB, etc. Most of all - HAVE FUN!! I love doing vendor events.

Go with ample door prize slips, and have catalogs with order forms in them - "If you want to place an order, I'll call you this evening to collect your order". AND FOLLOW UP!

I actually am going to be setting up at a fundraiser event in a couple weeks. I am also not allowed to exchange money because it is on a college campus and that is their rule. However, I am going for exposure and hopefully to generate bookings. I set up a booth at an event a couple weeks ago and got 4 potential bookings and the friend I brought with me for company decided to become a Consultant, so I got my 1st recruit as well!!

1. Can I participate in a vendor event without accepting orders or money?

Yes, it is possible to participate in a vendor event without accepting orders or money. This is known as a "presence only" participation, where your main goal is to simply showcase your products and brand to potential customers.

2. What are the benefits of participating in a vendor event without accepting orders or money?

Participating in a vendor event without accepting orders or money can still bring benefits to your business. It allows you to network with other vendors and potential customers, increase brand awareness, and gather feedback on your products.

3. Do I still need to pay a fee to participate in a vendor event even if I am not accepting orders or money?

It depends on the event and the organizer's policies. Some vendor events may waive the fee for "presence only" participants, while others may still require a fee for booth space and marketing materials.

4. Can I display and sell my products at a vendor event without accepting orders or money?

It is not recommended to sell products at a vendor event without accepting orders or money. This can create confusion and disappointment for potential customers. However, you can still display your products and take orders for future purchase.

5. How can I make the most of my presence at a vendor event without accepting orders or money?

There are several ways to make the most of a "presence only" participation at a vendor event. You can offer samples or product demonstrations, collect email addresses for future marketing, provide business cards or flyers, and engage with potential customers to gather feedback and build relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • hollimorales2710
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies