• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Done a Demo at a Booth? Advice?

In summary, the author is considering trying something different in the near future- either mini-demos or "try me" stations. He suggests trying it out when things are slow to see if it draws more attention. He suggests making an attractive display and letting the hosts and customers come to you. He suggests charging for samples and having a price list.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm contemplating trying something slightly different at an upcoming booth. I was thinking of either (A) doing mini-demos at my booth or (B) setting up 2 or 3 "Try me" Stations where people could try a few products themselves.

When you go to Home Shows, you always see crowds gathered around those booths that do demos (think "Sham -wow", only I wouldn't be as loud!).
I was just thinking of a way to generate traffic, and maybe some interest for doing their own shows.

I thought I could do something like the "Potato Show" demos and a few other that I came up with- simple things- no cooking obviously, and nothing that people can actually eat (I'm not allowed to have food to taste).

Advice?? Am I setting myself up for disaster? Or could it be worth trying?

Most times, I do not have a demo.

There was one time I tried demo'ing and offering the pineapple salsa. People were intrigued, hesitant to try and I spent more time convincing them to give it a go than getting actual contact info or making a connection.

Another time, I brought potatoes and allowed people to try the mandoline and assorted smaller items. I did impress quite a few people, but again no shows came from it.

Wish I could actually be helpful here. :D

I'd try it when things were really slow. That may draw people around you....just be sure to spend more time connecting than demo'ing. I usually do "air demos". Pretending to use the tools, explaining how great our goodies are and then asking if they'd be interested in earning some of the items free.

If you do decide to do the potato show, let us know how you do.

Drawings are the best bet for getting contacts. Mostly, be present repeatedly.I've done the potato show, but people don't want to stop and sit and watch, they just want to walk by. I've done sliced lemonade (UM, QSP) I've done salsa (FC, CB, GP, CP, HK, SC) I've done chocolate-dipped strawberries (ECW, SS)--for which I've charged $2 for 2 berries with some mini marshmallows and 4 pieces of pound cake. People don't care... they're not there to watch you cook. The most you have their attention, is 1-2 minutes. You'll get kids flocking, but it's not the venue to book shows!Make an attractive display and let the hosts and customers come to you.

1. Can you give some tips for setting up a successful demo booth at a fair or event?

First, make sure your booth is eye-catching and inviting. Use colorful tablecloths and banners to attract attention. Secondly, have plenty of samples and products on display for customers to try. Lastly, engage with potential customers by offering cooking tips and recipe ideas.

2. How do you handle difficult or uninterested customers at a demo booth?

The key is to remain friendly and approachable. Offer a sample or ask if they have any questions about the products. However, if they are not interested, don't push too hard. Thank them for stopping by and move on to the next potential customer.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when doing a demo at a booth?

One mistake is not having enough samples or products on display. Another is not engaging with potential customers and simply sitting behind the booth. It is also important to not overwhelm customers with too much information or pushy sales tactics.

4. How can I make my demo at a booth stand out from competitors?

One way to stand out is by offering unique samples or recipes that showcase the versatility of the products. You can also have interactive elements, such as a cooking demonstration or games, to engage with customers. Additionally, having a well-designed and visually appealing booth can make a big difference.

5. Do you have any advice for following up with potential customers after a demo at a booth?

Make sure to collect contact information from interested customers, such as email addresses or phone numbers. Follow up with a personalized message, thanking them for stopping by and offering any additional information or promotions. You can also offer a special discount for customers who made a purchase at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • EgresiPC
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • sarahsellcm