• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Injured Yourself While Doing a Product Demo?

In summary, the Slice and Grate (old style) caused me to cut myself twice and the new Ultimate Slice and Grate caused me to cut myself once. Both times I should have gone to the ER, but I didn't because the show had to go on.
DebPC
Staff member
I have twice. Once courtesy of the Slice and Grate (old style Mandolin). Of course I wasn't using the food holder. The 2nd time I cut myself I was using a self sharpening knife. i probably should have gone for stitches for the 2nd one- but the show must go on...

I did twice...The recipe of the year were the sandwich rings that were made by taking two of the Pillsbury French Breads, connecting them in a circle and baking them off. Then you simply slice them in half, a top and bottom, and put on the meats, cheeses and condiments. Well, I literally took off the tip of my finger with the bread knife! It too was a time when I probably should have gone tot he ER but again, the show must go on. However, I was bleeding so much the hostess had to complete the sandwich, luckily no blood on it! Her son got me upstairs to the bathroom and we cleaned it out and bandaged it up. That took a month to heal! The second time was with my newly acquired Ultimate Slice and Grate. I WAS using the food holder on cucumber but it slipped off the track and well the rest is history.

Sometime in 2007/2008 I was making the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares and went to use the Pizza Cutter to cut the squares. Silly me tried pulling the cover off with fingers positioned at the top and bottom of the cover, instead of pulling it in the correct position. Ironically, it was a show with plenty of nurses, lol. It really wasn't that bad, nothing that a washing, and a couple of bandaids didn't fix, and the show went on!

YUP....Cutting that bread ring like John. Fortunately I didn't bleed on anything and it was at my home so I knew where the bandages etc were kept. Now I take bandages and extra gloves to every show.

I cut myself at a show a few years back on the Ultimate Mandolin (old style.) Totally my fault .... not using the food holder. Lucky no blood got into the food. Host finished recipe for me, provided band aids etc. After the show I decided I should get it looked at. Too late for the walk in clinic at my regular Dr's office so I went to the ER. Wow! $500 later I walked out with a band aid. Thankfully, I had good insurance. Not a very profitable show, as I didn't make anywhere near $500 in commission. I've never used the new or old mandolin at a show since.

Yep! In my first year. I had a huge show, for a potential recruit. The guests were "duds". Like bumps on a log in the loving room, with no interest in being in the dining area where I was set up! i was irritated. So I was taking items off the table to talk about them as I was making the recipe. (I should have just moved the small dining table!). I was showing the Ultimate Mandoline and talking bout, of all things, its safety features and how the blades stays flat until the food guide slides over. I had the food holder out and just the slide on, slid it down to demonstrate, but didnt realize I had my fingers curled over the edge as I did so. I realized that something fell out of the BOTTOM of the slicer that shouldnt have.....the tip of my finger. I just pulled it down and said " Well THAT wasnt supposed to happen!" And I went into the kitchen. My host and her friend came in to help, and the other guests didnt realize how bad it was until I came BACK in looking on the floor for the rest of my finger.HAHA. Te guests really came alive after that! As I was getting drive to the ER by the host's daughter, they all jumped up and helped the host finish the dinner. She ended up with an $800 show, and still signed up wth PC. Me, I am still scared to use the UM....more so to use the simple slicer though! At least the UM does have safety features that I USE CORRECTLY now. Te SS doesnt.

1. Have you ever bled while using one of your products at a show?

No, I have never personally bled while using a Pampered Chef product at a show. Our products are designed with safety in mind and we take great care to provide detailed instructions for safe use.

2. What should I do if I accidentally cut myself while using a Pampered Chef knife?

If you accidentally cut yourself while using one of our knives, please clean the wound thoroughly with soap and water and apply pressure to stop any bleeding. Seek medical attention if necessary.

3. Are there any specific safety precautions I should take when using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we always recommend following the safety guidelines and instructions provided with each product. This may include using protective gloves or using caution when handling sharp objects.

4. What if I have a medical condition that makes me more prone to bleeding?

If you have a medical condition that may put you at risk for bleeding, please consult with your doctor before using any Pampered Chef products. They can provide personalized recommendations for your specific needs.

5. Can I return a product if it causes me to bleed?

In the rare event that a product causes injury, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We stand behind the quality and safety of our products and will work with you to find a satisfactory resolution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikkijo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Kate0831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • DebPC