• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Been Afraid...

In summary, the conversation was about a person's fear of doing something stupid or disastrous at a kitchen show, and others sharing their experiences and advice to overcome nervousness and enjoy the show.
cookinwithrhonda
that you were going to break something in someone's kitchen or light their house on fire or do something ridiculously stupid at a show??? :(

I am just getting started...hoping that my kit arrives tomorrow :D . I love to cook, already have plenty of PC items (almost the entire Super Starter Kit) and I receive regular comments on the quality of my cooking, so I am not very nervous about the whole cooking part of the show....just that I might do something stupid in the Host's kitchen :eek: !!!

Maybe all you chef's could share your most disastrous experience in a Host's kitchen and how you overcame that moment...

Thanks in advance,
Rhonda

There is a thread with stories such as this somewhere on this forum. I personally haven't had this happen (knock on wood), but I certainly don't mind home office taking the couple of bucks out of my check each month for insurance just in case something like this does happen!

The worst thing that ever happened to me was not that long ago, with a hostess who DID NOT cook. Literally, to the point that she said she could not remember the last time her oven was turned on. Okay, so I get the recipe ready...looks beautiful...host puts in preheated 325 oven...comes back into formal dining area around the bend from the kitchen. About 8 minutes pass and we're smelling smoke. No wonder the hostess couldn't remember using her oven. It was broken. It broiled the demo to the point that the dough on top was black charcoal. Even the guests laughed it off. Strangely, some of them cut the top off and ate it anyway and claimed to like it. The host had also made a veggie tray and chips/dip, so there was plenty to eat. And despite the flopped demo, I got two bookings off the show.

cookinwithrhonda said:
that you were going to break something in someone's kitchen or light their house on fire or do something ridiculously stupid at a show??? :(

Rhonda

Rhonda,
My first kitchen show is approaching.... I'm so nervous that I won't be able to cook and talk, and that my nerves will get the best of me!

Yikes!

Susan,
To be honest, I still feel that way just before every show... I have a fear of public speaking (although no one believes me..but they don't see/feel what happens on the inside).. My advice...take a DEEP BREATH before getting out of your car, and take another DEEP BREATH before going to the door to say hello to your hostess prior to getting your stuff from the car...take another DEEP BREATH before emptying your car...and finally when the door bell rings for the 1st time and that 1st guest is about to show up...take a deep breath and get into action....and remember to breath during the show...hehe...
Anyway, above all, relax and enjoy yourself...if people see you having fun..it will help your business in expanding your bookings and your recruits...
Nothing in life is perfect...so remember your a PAMPERED CHEF, not a PERFECT Chef...so use that line if anything occurs...trust me..everyone will laugh and understand...
GOOD LUCK and let us know how it went!!
Cheers,
Angela

Hi Rhonda,First of all, congratulations on starting your Pampered Chef journey! It's always exciting to receive your kit and start sharing your love for cooking with others.As for your concerns about doing something silly or disastrous in a host's kitchen, I completely understand. We've all had those moments where we worry about making a mistake or breaking something. But let me assure you, it's completely normal and it happens to the best of us.One of my most disastrous moments was during a show where I accidentally dropped a glass bowl while demonstrating a recipe. It shattered everywhere and I was mortified. But instead of letting it ruin the show, I quickly cleaned up the mess and continued on with the demonstration. I made light of the situation and even joked about it with the guests, which helped to ease the tension.My advice to you is to always be prepared for the unexpected. Have a backup plan in case something goes wrong, and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself if you make a mistake. Remember, we're all human and mistakes happen. The most important thing is to stay calm and carry on with the show.I wish you all the best with your upcoming shows and I have no doubt that you will do great! Just have fun and enjoy sharing your passion for cooking with others.Happy cooking!

1. Have you ever been afraid to try a new recipe?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have definitely been afraid to try new recipes before. However, Pampered Chef offers amazing tools and resources to make trying new recipes easier and less intimidating. Plus, our products are designed to help even novice cooks achieve delicious results.

2. Have you ever been afraid to host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party can seem daunting at first, but our consultants are here to help every step of the way. We provide personalized support and tips to help you have a successful and fun party. Plus, as a host, you can earn free products and discounts!

3. Have you ever been afraid to attend a Pampered Chef cooking show?

Attending a Pampered Chef cooking show can be nerve-wracking, especially if you're not familiar with our products. But don't worry, our consultants are trained to make the experience enjoyable and informative. Plus, you'll get to try delicious recipes and see our products in action.

4. Have you ever been afraid to invest in Pampered Chef products?

We understand that investing in new kitchen tools can be intimidating, especially if you're not sure how to use them. That's why we offer a satisfaction guarantee and have a team of consultants ready to answer any questions you may have. Plus, our products are designed to last for years, making them a wise investment for any home cook.

5. Have you ever been afraid to join Pampered Chef as a consultant?

Joining Pampered Chef as a consultant can feel like a big step, but it's also an exciting opportunity. Our consultants receive training, support, and access to exclusive resources to help them succeed. Plus, you'll get to be a part of a supportive and fun community of consultants who share a love for cooking and entertaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mykids326
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mandak
  • heat123