• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Were Our Sprinkles Discontinued? Discover the Surprising Truth!

In summary, the conversation revolved around discontinued products, particularly sprinkles and the Moroccan rub. Customers expressed disappointment and frustration over the discontinuation and shared their opinions on other products that could have been discontinued instead. Some suggested substitutes were also mentioned. It was noted that the reason for discontinuation was not always clear and that some products were used in popular recipes. A cook's tip for a substitute for the Moroccan rub was shared.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I just realized ALL of our sprinkles have been discontinued! I use mine but not enough to have to restock yet.
Anyone know why they discontinued the sprinkles?

They discontinued them last season. They must have not been selling very well.

:cry: I know. I had a customer actually (almost) yell at me at a cooking show because they were gone. She told me that was the only thing she was planning on ordering at the show. Apparently that was almost true because her order came to around $15.

chefliz said:
:cry: I know. I had a customer actually (almost) yell at me at a cooking show because they were gone. She told me that was the only thing she was planning on ordering at the show. Apparently that was almost true because her order came to around $15.

A customer on FB said they were never going to shop with PC again because we got rid of the sprinkles and another product. :rolleyes:

You should be sure to write to HO about it.

I am going to miss the lemon sprinkle. I make a lot of lemon cakes and I'm down to my last jar. I think I can come up with a substitute, though - just get the bigger decorating sugar and mix it with lemon zest from the microplane grater.

And now the morrocan rub is going away!:(
My whole family LOVES the Moroccan White Bean Turkey Chili.
Penzey's doesn't seem to have anything like it, either.

I have 3 bottles - lemon, cinnamon & caramel. Let me know if you are interested in purchasing them.

I was surprised we are getting rid of the morrocan. I know a lot of people who love it and it's used in a few of our recipes and recipes I do as a demo.....guess I won't be doing that recipe anymore. Bummer! There are other rubs that I've never sold one of.....get rid of those.

Is there any sort of a Going, Going, Gone list for this changeover?

Teresa LM said:
Is there any sort of a Going, Going, Gone list for this changeover?

yes here it is!

Attachments

• Fall-Discontinued-Items---fillable.pdf
    160.8 KB · Views: 549
Thank you!

monicag said:
I was surprised we are getting rid of the morrocan. I know a lot of people who love it and it's used in a few of our recipes and recipes I do as a demo.....guess I won't be doing that recipe anymore. Bummer! There are other rubs that I've never sold one of.....get rid of those.

Completely agree! The moroccan rub is in several recipes. The DCB cookbook has it and that is a fairly recent cookbook. Not like some of the cookbooks that have been out for several years and are starting to show their age by mentioning discontinued products.

It sometimes would be helpful if they told us WHY a product is discontinued. Perhaps their supplier no longer makes it, or some aspect of the product makes it hard to obtain or cost-prohibitive. Not just that it doesn't sell or people don't like it.

Boobi, I was wondering about that. The moroccan rub says "contains soy, wheat" in the spring 2012 catalog where most of the others don't - except for Smoky BBQ & Asian. I wish they'd gotten rid of the Asian one. I never use it.

Yikes, hope they don't get rid ofthe Smoky BBQ one! That's another favorite of mine!

Well, I procrastinated in putting in an order for Moroccan rub and now it's too late!
Just makes me that more motivated to figure out a substitute.

ShellBeach said:
Well, I procrastinated in putting in an order for Moroccan rub and now it's too late!
Just makes me that more motivated to figure out a substitute.

Cook’s Tips: If desired, 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) paprika, 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) curry powder, 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar, 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each ground cumin and ground ginger, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder can be substituted for the Moroccan Rub.

:chef::chef::chef:You rock!

What cookbook was that out of? I thought I'd seen a cook's tip for it somewhere, but the website recipe search didn't help me find which one it was.

ShellBeach - it was from the Use & Care recipe Moroccan White Bean Turkey Chili. I did a recipe search and put Moroccan Rub in as the specified ingredient and then just went down the list. They usually put substitutions in the Season's Best for our rubs & stuff. =) Hope that helps!

1. What is the "Have I Been Under a Rock?" product?

The "Have I Been Under a Rock?" product is a set of kitchen tools designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient.

2. What items are included in the "Have I Been Under a Rock?" set?

The set includes a vegetable peeler, a garlic press, a can opener, a grater, and a pair of kitchen shears.

3. Are the "Have I Been Under a Rock?" tools dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the tools in the set are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can the "Have I Been Under a Rock?" tools be used for both right and left-handed individuals?

Yes, the tools are designed to be comfortable for both right and left-handed use.

5. Are replacement parts available for the "Have I Been Under a Rock?" tools?

Yes, replacement parts are available for purchase in case any of the tools become damaged or worn out over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ksmedic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • cmdtrgd