• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hate to Cook? Try These Easy Recipes and Tips | Expert Help from Brittiny

In summary, the flyer provides information on a new show that PC has come up with called "Power Cooking". It is a quick and easy show where the host cooks a meal for the guests and while they are eating they quickly go over how they put it together. They then prepare 3 simple freezer meals for the host to keep in her freezer. This all takes about 1/2hr to do.
gilchrist_pchef
I have a host who wants to do a "hate to cook but have to cook show". I have no idea what to fix or say, being that I love to cook. Please Help!

Thanks,
Brittiny

Definitely something quick and easy...
the pull apart bread is the first thing to pop into my head...

Maybe look at the Main Dishes cookbook at the chapter about "Cook once, Serve twice"... 'investment cooking'... maybe do a search for investment cooking on here? That way they don't have to spend as much time in the kitchen when they do cook... Cook a double batch of meat, serve it a different way the next time...???

Hey I grew up in Nashville!!! Where is Selmer??
Best of luck with the show... just HAVE FUN!!! The whole idea behind PC is to get in and out of the kitchen... show them things that make cooking quick ...and therefore painless for them...
I love to cook too...

Selmer is about 3 hours from Nashville. We are close to Pickwick Lake if you know where that is.

You might what to find out if there is a certain reason behind the hate to cook part. If it's something like not having/wanting the time you can offer quick ideas. Something like the micro cooker being able to cook hamburger in about 7 minutes, add taco seasoning or what ever and your done! The rice cooker plus can bake a cake in about 10 minutes! And other ideas like that.

Maybe you could try showing how PC makes the things most people hate about cooking (i.e. the time involved, never knowing how a recipe might turn out) easier. Such as showing them how the tools save time, and how the recipes in the cookbook actually turn out how they look in the book, making a meal that one can actually have time to enjoy with family. Also emphasize how things are easy to clean, after all, that is one big thing people hate about having to cook. Cleaning up.
Melony Smith

"But I Don't Cook" FlyerHere is a flyer I have been using. I put it in my show folders and my flip top, and it gets them thinking about all the great things TPC can be used for, even if they don't "cook".

Hope you find it helpful...

Attachments

• 1 But I don't cook.doc
    23 KB · Views: 951
Last edited:
I really appreciate the flyer there, I am going to have to make a few copies myself. Thanks, I always need to know what to say to people who don't like to cook (since I can't relate my kitchen was full of cooking supplies even before I started with PC and my mother still scours sales for cake pans and anything different to add to my OVERFLOWING collection hubby says I need to add a whole new room just for all of it LOL :)), the main thing I can think of is the micro-cookers so you don't have to babysit it, and a child can do it.

new type of show!?!?!I found out this week about a new type of show PC has come up with. "Power Cooking".

You cook a meal for the guests and while they are eating you quickly go over how you put it together.

Then you prepare 3 simple freezer meals (meats) for the host to keep in her freezer.

This all takes about 1/2 hr. to do. Serve dessert, take orders and go home :D Much quicker and it shows them how quick and easy they can get meals together. Contact your Director, I bet she has all the details.

There is a ton of information here on CS re power cooking. Click on Search at the top of the page and type in power cooking. I would love to get a host to buy into this one. I do alot of power cooking in my home. It is a great way to spend a Sunday, in the kitchen with the kids cooking for the entire coming week!

Thanks! I'm a newbie who is patiently :{ awaiting her starter package. My friend says that exact thing(I hate to cook) so I think I will put this in my folders at shows. Thanks again.
Shelly Meschke
Independent Kitchen Consultant
[email protected]

Last edited:
nikked said:
Here is a flyer I have been using. I put it in my show folders and my flip top, and it gets them thinking about all the great things TPC can be used for, even if they don't "cook".

Hope you find it helpful...

I love this!!! Just wish it mentioned Wovens in there too. :)

What are some easy recipes for people who hate to cook?

Some easy recipes for people who hate to cook include one pot meals like pasta dishes, sheet pan dinners, and crockpot meals. These types of recipes require minimal preparation and cleanup.

How can I make cooking less stressful?

One way to make cooking less stressful is to plan ahead and have all the necessary ingredients on hand. This can eliminate the need for last-minute trips to the grocery store and reduce stress in the kitchen.

What are some time-saving tips for cooking?

Some time-saving tips for cooking include using pre-cut or pre-packaged ingredients, utilizing kitchen gadgets like a food processor or slow cooker, and preparing meals in advance and freezing them for later use.

What are some ways to make cooking more enjoyable?

One way to make cooking more enjoyable is to listen to music or a podcast while preparing meals. Another tip is to involve family or friends in the cooking process, making it a fun and social activity.

How can I improve my cooking skills?

To improve your cooking skills, try experimenting with new recipes and techniques. You can also attend cooking classes or watch online tutorials to learn new tips and tricks. Practice and patience are also key in improving cooking skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookin to the top