• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Any suggestions for a hashbrown breakfast casserole using limited ingredients?

In summary, the conversation was about someone trying to make a hashbrown breakfast casserole with limited ingredients while on vacation. They were also looking for a recipe for Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. The suggested recipe for the squares was provided, along with measurements and instructions for adapting the ingredients to make a breakfast casserole.
babywings76
Gold Member
My time is limited online this morning...but I'm on vacation at a cabin w/ DH's family. We bought stuff yesterday for our meals and I was winging it w/ ingredients to make a hashbrown breakfast casserole. Well, now I'm finding a few different recipes, but none are what I had in mind. I'm also trying to find the Ham and Cheese Brunch squares recipe. Does anyone have that? I can't access CC this morning. Or do you have any idea how measurement-wise I can make a casserole w/ the following ingredients:

2 bags of thawed hashbrowns
2 lbs. of breakfast bulk sausage
block of cream cheese
2 dozen eggs
4 cups or so of cheese
sour cream
salt and pepper
milk
butter

We don't really have anything else. The pan we have is a bit larger than a 9x13, but it's a glass pyrex. (YES, I'm really regretting not having brought my PC stuff and other spices.) Plus we forgot to buy an onion or anything else.

So, any measurement recommendations? Please? Help? :D

Here's the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares:

The Pampered Chef ®
Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares
Recipe

2 cups (8 oz) grated Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
1 pkg (22.5 oz) frozen toaster hash brown patties, thawed (10 patties)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
12 eggs
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
8 oz thickly sliced deli ham
4-5 green onions with tops, divided (about 1 cup sliced)
3 plum tomatoes
Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with vegetable oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Grate cheese using Ultimate Mandoline. Crumble hash browns over bar pan; press gently into an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over hash browns. Bake 13-15 minutes or until crust starts to brown and cheese is melted.

Meanwhile, in Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Gradually add eggs and black pepper; whisk until smooth. On Cutting Board, coarsely chop ham using Food Chopper. Slice green onions, reserving 1/4 cup of the tops for garnish. Place ham and remaining green onions into (8-in.) Sauté Pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir ham mixture into egg mixture using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.

Remove bar pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Pour egg mixture over crust. Return bar pan to oven; bake 6-8 minutes or until center is set. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes in half lengthwise using Utility Knife; scrape out seeds and dice. Remove bar pan from oven; top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and reserved green onions. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired. Cut into squares and serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

I am not a great breakfast casserole chef, but those ingredients sure sound like a breakfast casserole... wish that I could help you with that... but here is the recipe for the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares, I think that you can adapt your ingredients with this, you just won't have the onions (which is my preference) or tomatoes... Good Luck!

HAM & CHEESE BRUNCH SQUARES

8 oz Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. (22.5 oz) frozen toaster hash brown patties, thawed (10)
12 eggs
½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
8 oz thickly sliced deli ham
4-5 green onions with tops, divided (about 1 cup sliced)
3 plum tomatoes
Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with vegetable oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Grate cheese using Rotary Grinder. Crumble hash browns over bar pan; press gently into an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over hash browns. Bake 13-15 minutes or until crust starts to brown and cheese is melted. Meanwhile, in Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Gradually add eggs and black pepper; whisk until smooth. On Cutting Board, coarsely chop ham using Food Chopper. Slice green onions, reserving ¼ cup of the tops for garnish. Place ham and remaining green onions into 8” Saute Pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir ham mixture into egg mixture using Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Remove bar pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Pour egg mixture over crust. Return bar pan to oven; bake 6-8 minutes or until center is set. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes in half lengthwise using Utility Knife; scrape out seeds and dice. Remove bar pan from oven; top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and reserved green onions. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired. Cut into squares and serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 12 servings
Cook’s tips: To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 15-20 seconds or until softened. Whisk until smooth.
If desired, 2 cups cooked and crumbled bulk port sausage (3/4 lb) or 1 lb bacon, cooked, drained & crumbled, can be substituted for the deli ham.

Oops, we posted at the same time! :blushing:

Preheat oven to 450. Brush pan with oil. Spread hash browns over pan; press gently into pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese evenly over hash browns. Bake 13-15 minutes. Whisk 8 oz of cream cheese with 12 eggs and 1/2 tsp of black pepper until smooth. Cook 3/4 lb of sausage and add to egg mixture. Remove pan from oven, pour egg mixture over crust, return to oven for 6-8 minutes. Top with 1 more cup of shredded cheese. EAT!

And I apparently typed too slow!

Thanks everyone! You guys are so great to help me so fast! :)

With loose hashbrowns, you might want to try this slightly different recipe. It's an older PC recipe. MAKE SURE if you don't have parchment that you grease the pan! Also - I use 2-3 eggs in the hashbrowns...they stick together better that way.

Attachments

• Bountiful Brunch Pizza.doc
    12.5 KB · Views: 651
Oh No! We don't have a whisk! Ugg. So, you think I could do it with a fork? :D

Or should I go w/ the sour cream instead?

Or do you think I can have it just pretty loose and not packed down into a crust form?

I think a fork will do in a pinch! It'll just take a little longer to get it mixed...

Well, it's cooking...now we'll see how it is. I started doubting myself if I maybe should have just stirred all the ingredients together and then cooked it all at once to allow the hashbrowns more moisture and flavor since I don't have any onion or anything. Oh well. :) Thanks again for being there for me! I appreciate the help!

babywings76 said:
Well, it's cooking...now we'll see how it is. I started doubting myself if I maybe should have just stirred all the ingredients together and then cooked it all at once to allow the hashbrowns more moisture and flavor since I don't have any onion or anything. Oh well. :) Thanks again for being there for me! I appreciate the help!

Let us know how it turns out!

It tasted pretty good! :) Everyone liked it.

I browned the sausage, meanwhile buttered the pyrex dish, put in the hashbrowns and topped w/ cheese. Cooked it at 450 for a while. Meanwhile, I softened the cream cheese and whipped it w/ a fork :D, then added the dozen eggs and beat till it was well blended. I added salt and pepper. Then took out the pan from the oven, put the sausage on (not the entire 2 pkgs, though), then poured on the egg mixture. Sprinkled w/ more cheese. Baked till it was done. (Love the time measuring I do? :rolleyes: :D)

It was good and I'd do it again. :)

It's making me hungry!!! Sounds good!

I love this recipe and always get fabulous reviews from it.

babywings76 said:
It tasted pretty good! :) Everyone liked it.

I browned the sausage, meanwhile buttered the pyrex dish, put in the hashbrowns and topped w/ cheese. Cooked it at 450 for a while. Meanwhile, I softened the cream cheese and whipped it w/ a fork :D, then added the dozen eggs and beat till it was well blended. I added salt and pepper. Then took out the pan from the oven, put the sausage on (not the entire 2 pkgs, though), then poured on the egg mixture. Sprinkled w/ more cheese. Baked till it was done. (Love the time measuring I do? :rolleyes: :D)

It was good and I'd do it again. :)

Forgot to mention...how it is so hard to cook w/ out PC items!!! It was torture doing all this cooking improvising w/ cheap junk. Pans that were the wrong size/style. Tools that were wimpy and flimsy. And the Pyrex! Oh my, that is a great thing to do to remind me why our stoneware is so awesome. Even with generously greasing the pan w/ butter, it still stuck. I know w/ the stoneware all I'd have had to do was spritz w/ oil and it would've been great.

babywings76 said:
Forgot to mention...how it is so hard to cook w/ out PC items!!! It was torture doing all this cooking improvising w/ cheap junk. Pans that were the wrong size/style. Tools that were wimpy and flimsy. And the Pyrex! Oh my, that is a great thing to do to remind me why our stoneware is so awesome. Even with generously greasing the pan w/ butter, it still stuck. I know w/ the stoneware all I'd have had to do was spritz w/ oil and it would've been great.

I know, I totally agree... when we go camping we borrow my inlaws Motor Home (yeah, we really rough it! :balloon:) and they don't have much in there for cooking so I have a bin that I just store all of my old stuff in and take that, and last year, I was like, "WhY?" I can bring my good stuff if I have to pack all of my stuff anyway... this year will be different! And if we ever get our own camper I will buy the PC stuff that I want for it and just keep it there.

ChefPaulaB said:
I know, I totally agree... when we go camping we borrow my inlaws Motor Home (yeah, we really rough it! :balloon:) and they don't have much in there for cooking so I have a bin that I just store all of my old stuff in and take that, and last year, I was like, "WhY?" I can bring my good stuff if I have to pack all of my stuff anyway... this year will be different! And if we ever get our own camper I will buy the PC stuff that I want for it and just keep it there.

When you do PC long enough, you will find that your Camper is a great place for retired PC products. Mine is fully outfitted w/ Professional & Gen II cookware, seasonal colored scrapers and hotpad/trivets, twixits, cutting boards, self-sharpening knives, etc...:D

ChefBeckyD said:
When you do PC long enough, you will find that your Camper is a great place for retired PC products. Mine is fully outfitted w/ Professional & Gen II cookware, seasonal colored scrapers and hotpad/trivets, twixits, cutting boards, self-sharpening knives, etc...:D

I've only been a consultant for a little over a year now, but I had a lot of stuff before I became a consultant, and now I have lots of doubles, I love it! There are quite a few things that I could put in my camper, if I only had one! :(... I don't want to just put them in my in-laws motor home, because my SIL uses it sometimes too and I just don't overly trust her... so I'll just wait until I get my own!

What ingredients do I need for the Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole?

To make the Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole, you will need 30 oz frozen shredded hash browns, 1 lb ground breakfast sausage, 1 onion (diced), 1 green bell pepper (diced), 6 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.

Can I make this casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it. Simply cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap or foil and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap or foil and follow the baking instructions.

How long do I need to bake the casserole for?

The Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole should be baked in a preheated 375°F oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown. If the top is browning too quickly, you can cover the casserole with foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking.

Can I make this casserole in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make the Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole in a slow cooker. Simply cook the sausage, onion, and bell pepper in a skillet until the sausage is browned. Then, layer the cooked sausage mixture and hash browns in the slow cooker, and pour the egg and milk mixture over the top. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.

What can I serve with the Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole?

You can serve the Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole with a variety of side dishes, such as fresh fruit, toast, or breakfast potatoes. You can also add additional toppings to the casserole, such as diced tomatoes, avocado, or hot sauce, to enhance the flavor and add more nutrients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kreaser
  • pcchefmichelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
wadesgirl