• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has You Show Sale Average Gone Down in the Present Economy?

In summary, Jessica's show average has gone up in the present economy because more people are cooking and eating at home. Steph's show average has gone up as well, though her attendance and order amount have decreased.
Katiek77
Has your show sale average gone down in the present economy? My director told us that her show average has gone up because more people are cooking/eating at home. Also people like to go to home parties more now.:chef:

No way, I've never had such a good business and I"ve been in for 6 yrs. I doubled my sales from the entire year of 08 back in April. I did $2700 in JANUARY, when in previous years I have been lucky to do $500.

It's all in your attitude! Believe that the economy is bad and you won't have any business, but make your customers excited about preparing low cost, fast and eay recipes at home and you will have them literally eating out of the palm of your hand! :)

we just talked about this tonight at my cluster meeting, and they too said its all about your attitude, if you think/believe/talk about the economy being bad at your shows then you won't sell as much. my director has said that in the past 3 months her sales have been the best they have been and she has been saling for 10 years! i myself have had good months i just started in july so i don't really have anything to compare it to. but i only do about 2 shows a month (just wanting to do parttime for now) and i have sold over $1300 each month.

Jessica, that is awesome! You do only 2 shows a month yet sell that much. That is great to hear. Steph thanks for sharing how well you are selling in this economy. I need to keep a positive attitude.

I've been having a decline in attendance and in sales. I've been host coaching the same, encouraging them to invite more, giving them ideas on things to say to get people to come, mailing out invites for them, staying positive yet being sympathetic to people's situations, etc...and the economy or something else going on is really effecting my business. I'm bombing big time. Even my fair booth was a bust, got 2 names!!!!! People wouldn't even take a free recipe or catalog! I have a show next Monday and the host had a good turnout last time, but this time hardly anyone is coming. I tried to motivate her to keep trying and to keep coming up w/ new people to invite. Plus, she's co-hosting w/ her sister and her sister is bombing, too!It's rather frustrating...

Overall I've noticed that my show average has stayed fairly consistent, while the average order amount has dropped slightly. Still, my business has been going well.

I think part of it depends on the economy in your area and how people are responding. My sales and attendance have been really good in most areas. I have noticed a decline in a couple of towns, though. Those were the ones hardest hit by the downturn.

My sales this year have beat my first two years combined. I have more people booking parties and my party average is now over $600. I tell people at the parties that people selling candles may not be doing so well, but everyone needs to eat and it is much cheaper to make your own food, and we provide the items to make it easier and more fun! I am totally amazed at each $1000 party I end up with.

I had a baby last Aug. right when the news got so bad. My show averages did go down about $100 per show. However, I think my host coaching probably went down with the birth of the baby. I've been trying to coach better and am seeing better averages. I tell guests when they ask about the economy that people still want to socialize with their friends. They can either spend $20-30 at a restaurant/bar with a friend and have nothing to show for it or they can get some tools that will help them save money every night in the kitchen. Eating at home is "in" right now so we have the right products!

Best year since 9/11. That's when I saw everything drop. Best attendence, of course I think it largely due to what I tell my hosts to say "Tell them we're going to show them how to put dinner on the table in 30 min, under $3 per serving." In the past I had been doing things that had great presentation, but not necessarily something they felt they could duplicate at home on a day to day basis.

1. What impact has the current economy had on your show sale average?

The current economy has had a significant impact on our show sale average. Due to financial uncertainty and budget constraints, many customers are cutting back on discretionary spending, which includes kitchen and cooking products. This has resulted in a decrease in our show sale average.

2. How have you been able to maintain your show sale average during these challenging economic times?

We have been implementing various strategies to maintain our show sale average during the present economy. This includes offering special discounts and promotions, diversifying our product range to cater to different budget preferences, and providing exceptional customer service to encourage repeat business.

3. Has the decrease in show sale average affected the quality of your products?

No, the decrease in our show sale average has not affected the quality of our products. We still maintain the same high standards in our products and continue to use high-quality materials in their production. Our focus remains on providing top-notch products to our customers.

4. How have your consultants been impacted by the decrease in show sale average?

The decrease in show sale average has also affected our consultants, as their income is directly tied to their sales. However, we have been providing them with additional training and resources to help them adapt to the current economic climate and continue to be successful in their business.

5. Are there any changes in your future plans in response to the current economic situation?

Yes, we are constantly evaluating our strategies and making necessary changes to adapt to the present economy. We are also exploring new avenues, such as online sales and virtual parties, to reach a wider customer base and maintain our show sale average. Our goal remains to provide the best products and services to our customers, regardless of the economic situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows