• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Hosting Cooking Shows? Any Tips for More Bookings?

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of booking cooking shows and the suggestion to offer incentives to potential hosts. It also mentions the possibility of turning catalog shows into cooking shows and the importance of reminding hosts about the benefits of booking a cooking show. The conversation also touches on the effectiveness of catalog shows and the success of previous catalog shows.
milkangel
i have just had a lady cancell for a show in march but insted she wants a catalog show in feb maby. i really have bad luck at getting any one to host a cooking show lately seems to want to more catalog show insted. getting a little down. my recurter is in the same town and know the same people. ant ideas to get more bookings?

You could offer incentives. Especially the ones who are already willing to do catalog shows, try to turn them around. Talk about how much fun it is to gather their friends together, focus on them. Make it sound worthwhile for them to open up their home! There are lots of ideas on this site for finding bookings of course the biggest one is to go out there and talk about PC. Sometimes they fall into our laps but not the majority of them. Once you get a good show schedule going it will be easier to maintain. Bookings snowball- but you have to make sure to ask everyone.

thank you so much it really helps. there are times that we get down about something but we need to remember to keep our heads up im time of trouble.

Definitely! Have faith in yourself! Just get yourself in front of people and it will work to your benefit! Good Luck!

Thank you!!!

I had someone who booked a cooking show before the cooking show she was invited to even occurred, but the day of the show she said she wanted to just do a catalog show. Luckily, there were other people at the show who booked, and she had such a great time at the party that she switched back to a cooking show.

My point? If you got her booking from another show, perhaps you could remind them why your original host booked, and/or encourage her to call that prior host (who is likely a good friend of hers) and talk to them about why they chose a cooking show over a catalog. They'll listen to their friends!

Also, remind her that she will likely get lower sales from a catalog show, and lower sales means less free products for her!

You could also offer to buy the food for her, which would give her an instant free $15 in product that she'd never get with a catalog show!

One last thought...make sure she understands the booking benefit, and that she'll likely get at least one booking if she has a cooking show (at least the odds are greatly increased over a catalog show), which would mean another great deal for her!

Hope that helps!

i just got off the phone with that lady and she is still holding a cooking show that day but at 10:00 am for a brunch

i said that people are more likley to buy when they can see the product and try them out too. and that she would not get any in free if it only reaches 150in sales

Catalog shows can be great too. I have a lot that are higher than my average cooking show! It all depends on the host though and it sometimes takes more host coaching. It's harder to get bookings, but it definitely is possible. If they really want to do a catalog show, just really stress the awesome upcoming specials! I also do a sheet for each catalog with them listed and stress there too that the host would get the host special too. Good luck! It sometimes takes awhile to get going, but keep going and you'll get going. I was one of those that thought...how am I going to find bookings? I didn't know anyone other than family! (HUGE family, but not a lot of hosts!). Now I rarely do shows for family, just a couple per year and I have customers pass people onto me.

I have had some great catalog shows too! You need to coach them up for the high sales! I love it when a catalog show comes along, it is less work for me to earn the money! HA!

i have some good catalog shows in nov when i first started. but now it seems not to be a s good

Jules711 said:
Catalog shows can be great too. I have a lot that are higher than my average cooking show! It all depends on the host though and it sometimes takes more host coaching. It's harder to get bookings, but it definitely is possible. If they really want to do a catalog show, just really stress the awesome upcoming specials! I also do a sheet for each catalog with them listed and stress there too that the host would get the host special too. Good luck! It sometimes takes awhile to get going, but keep going and you'll get going. I was one of those that thought...how am I going to find bookings? I didn't know anyone other than family! (HUGE family, but not a lot of hosts!). Now I rarely do shows for family, just a couple per year and I have customers pass people onto me.

You're so right! I hope I didn't sound as if I was discouraging catalog shows, because they really can be awesome. Sometimes it's nice not to have to deal with going to their house for a show. I had a catalog show that was almost $600, and my highest show so far is only $607, so it was a good one for me!

my highest catalog show was over 300 and highest cooking was over 400

Don't worry about the rescheduling to a catalog show. I had this happen recently and then out of the blue (3 months after her catty show), she called me and wanted to host a bridal show for her daughter.

My view is a "show is a show" and any type of show is good for your business and can lead to your next HUGE show or recruit.

My point of view on catalog shows is it's up to how much effort the host wants to put into it. I've had flopped catalog show and good catalogs shows but I've had the same with kitchen shows too. I've had catalogs show at $700-800 and my best one was at $1100. But the host and the catalog do all the work. I do feel better when I can actually do a kitchen show, because I get to answer any questions about the products or point out good tips that may lean someone into buying something.

1. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yes, it is not uncommon for people to encounter certain issues or difficulties while using our products. However, our team is always available to provide support and assistance in resolving any problems you may have.

2. What should I do if a product is defective?

If you believe that a product you have purchased from Pampered Chef is defective, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We will work with you to find a solution, whether it be a replacement or a refund.

3. Can I return a product if I am not satisfied with it?

Yes, we want all of our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchases. If for any reason you are not happy with a product, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange.

4. Is there a warranty on your products?

Yes, we offer a limited lifetime warranty on most of our products. This means that if a product is found to be defective due to workmanship or materials, we will replace it or provide a refund.

5. How do I clean and care for my Pampered Chef products?

We recommend hand washing all of our products with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the surface of the product. Many of our products are also dishwasher safe, but please refer to the specific care instructions for each item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lrnchef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pchefsharron
  • purpleluvs3