• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing a Large Guest List: Tips for Keeping Costs Down for Your Party

In summary, this person has a host later in the month that they haven't heard from at all. They had not responded to the host coaching letters, emails, or the phone call they made. They sent an email inviting everyone to a Pampered Chef party on Thursday, Jan. 28. The list was an excel spread sheet, so she is thinking when she opens it up it will be 40-50 names, 60 tops. However, when she opened it up, it was 101 names! It's going to cost her $50 (plus minis and envelopes and labels) to mail these out. She is either going to find a way to ask her to pare down her list (quickly as she is leaving
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Wow! So, I have a host later in the month that I haven't heard from at all....she hadn't responded to the host coaching letters, emails, or the phone call I made.

Just now, she sent me an email - here is the body of it:

Becky,
Attached is my invitation list for the Pampered Chef party on Thursday, Jan. 28. What time is it going to be held? The list is extensive, but my past experience is, invite everybody & hope for about 10 people. I will be out of town from Thursday, Jan. 14 until Monday, Jan. 25.
Gayle

The list was an excel spread sheet, so I'm thinking when I open it up it will be 40-50 names, 60 tops.

Nope, not 40-50. Not even 70. This lady has 101 names on her guest list! It's going to cost me $50 (plus minis and envelopes and labels) to mail these out! :eek:

So - I'm thinking I either find a way to ask her to pare down her list (quickly as she is leaving for vacation!) or I just mail postcards. She won't be home until a couple days before the party, so I'm not sure how she's going to contact and make reminders....and I didn't get phone #'s, but she did give me emails for about 1/3 of them.

What would you do?

NO way would I ask her to pare it down - I would just mail postcards and be sure to add labels to them with the current guest special info.

I agree, send post cards! If there are out-of-town addresses, maybe send minis to those. And ask her for phone numbers before she leaves and offer to help with reminder calls. It might be worth it to pay for a couple of calls through PhoneVite or something similar.

Once I had a host invite over 50 people and she ended up with only 1 maybe coming and we cancelled the show. I was devastated because I mailed out mini's w/ a full page invite. You just don't know sometimes. Turned out she invited every woman from her church and hardly anyone outside of her church circle. I'd try to catch her before she leaves and go over the list w/ her, making sure she's inviting people from all circles in her life. If it's really that many people, I'd do postcards. You could also ask her if any of those are her neighbors or coworkers that she can just call to invite or something. Maybe she could mention some who would be better with just getting an e-invitation? Not sure...but good luck! At least it's a nice problem to have! :)

Do it! You won't regret it!

Last time I had this happen we had a 1200$ show. Do ask her if you can have some of these invites be via email. She knows who on her list is really good about email. And yes do Postcards to save a bit. Maybee put an incentive for them to check your website, and put #rd stickers on them and have them bring them to the show and do a prize drawing

My vote is for doing your regular minis with full-size invite for all of them. Or do a half-sheet invite to save a wee bit on paper and ink. You have no idea how well she knows these people. Many may be very casual acquaintances or parents on the kids' class lists. But if they see the mini they may be more inclined to come rather than getting a postcard in the mail.

Your biz has increased so much with you investing in mailing the invites. If this is a worst case scenario and you break even or lose money on this one, you have more than made up for it with your other shows. And for the sake of time, it's probably easier for you to do what you always do rather than go outside the box to do postcards. If you can highlight the online ordering more, that may be worth a little tinkering. Also, check through the addresses to see if there's more than one person at a location and address the envelope to both of them. If there are work people, can you send her a bunch of minis and invites to hand out at work before she heads out of town rather than sending them to their homes? Just the fact that you do the invites for her is getting this show to hold.

Thanks for all of the great ideas! That helps immensely!

I'm feeling better about it already - I think I just swallowed my tongue a bit when I saw that list!

I've never met this lady, she was an outside order for a Bridal Shower I did in November - but the family that was hosting the Bridal Shower are wonderful long-time customers of mine, and I know several people on the guest list, so I know that some will show up!

haha. I was thinking similar thoughts today.. my host for the end of jan. invited 76 people!
let's hope theses are some good shows!!

This is exactly why I now do phone and email invites and reminders and give the host physical invites to hand out. I do coach the host to get an email and/or phone number when handing out the full-page invites so I can send a reminder. And, the hosts love it so much more because all they have to get me is names, phone numbers and emails!

I've toyed with the idea of doing "random" minis to some on the guest list, with a sticker saying something to event of "Congratulations! You are one of only [however many] guests to receive this special invitation. Bring your Special Invitation the night of the show to receive a special gift!" and then offer free shipping or something if they do come...But have to make it so that it's only valid if they actually attend the show...I don't know...still figuring out the details! Just a thought...,

I can't wait to see how this show turns out!

ChefMary412 said:
haha. I was thinking similar thoughts today.. my host for the end of jan. invited 76 people!
let's hope theses are some good shows!!

I too have the same dilemma-
my host gave me like 83 names
she is pretty sure she will have a fair amount we are doing 2 showings this saturday 11am & 4pm

as previously mentioned- its a good dilemma ...I think

One of my hosts invited right at 100 people and ended up having 26 guests and about 15 outside orders. But, only about 17 placed an order at the show but it was an $1800 show anyway .. :)

mountainmama74 said:
I can't wait to see how this show turns out!

ME TOO!!!:sing:

cookingwith_tara said:
One of my hosts invited right at 100 people and ended up having 26 guests and about 15 outside orders. But, only about 17 placed an order at the show but it was an $1800 show anyway .. :)

That's what I'm hoping for too!

Did you do the invites, Tara?

WOW - that's exciting!!! I wish I had that problem ...Good luck & let us know how it turns out. :)

Good Luck!

Becky, you must tell us the outcome! Good luck! :D

No, in fact she hand delivered all the invites with the exception of the ones sent from the website. I offered to send them out and gave her a guest list but she wanted to personally invite them thinking more would come if they saw her enthusiasm and she was right! About 1/4 were co-workers and the others were church friends and family. The outside orders mainly came from co-workers.

I'd go with the postcards too with that many people. I've been sending mini's and full sheet invites out for all of my fall/winter parties and spend a lot of money on mini's, paper, envelopes and postage and have not seen a lot of difference in my sales. Maybe once every three shows someone will call me that won't be coming and place a nominal order.

I really believe that if the host doesn't do their job by getting people to their show by staying in touch with their guests, it doesn't matter what you send for an invitation. My best shows are the ones where the host is excited about their shows. My latest $700 show was all done by e-vites -- no cost to anyone. But the host was excited and kept in touch with her guests. I can host coach until I'm blue in the face, but I think some hosts don't understand they need to keep their show fresh in their guests mind and share their enthusiasm.

I've had two non-shows this past fall where I spent around $23 each show for postage, mini's, envelopes and paper. I am really beginning to rethink the mini's and going back to the postcards.

The cost of postage for 2009 was over 15% of my total commissions... gotta come up with a better way, especially with the catalogs being thicker this spring.

BeckyC5830 said:
The cost of postage for 2009 was over 15% of my total commissions... gotta come up with a better way, especially with the catalogs being thicker this spring.

Ouch on the postage! I've heard of some doing postcalls.com or something of the sort and having great results there. But, hmm, Becky, thicker catalogs? Do you know something we don't know..... ??? :angel: More products maybe? I can't wait until Feb. 2nd!!

jcsmilez said:
Ouch on the postage! I've heard of some doing postcalls.com or something of the sort and having great results there. But, hmm, Becky, thicker catalogs? Do you know something we don't know..... ??? :angel: More products maybe? I can't wait until Feb. 2nd!!

This weeks e-news from Pampered Chef said that the catalogs were increasing in pages (and cost!).

jcsmilez said:

From Tuesday's Newswire:

Pre-order Spring Business Materials
Beginning Monday, Jan. 18, you'll be able to pre-order a selection of spring business materials through Consultant's Corner. You can pre-order the Spring/Summer Catalog, Spring/Summer mini catalogs and Theme Show materials to include in your March Host Packets. Pre-ordered materials will ship to be delivered on Feb. 6. These items will not be available to order through PamperedPartner® Plus or on supply orders until Feb. 6.

Please note:

We've expanded the Spring Catalog from 56 to 64 pages to better showcase our products, and add more food photography and recipes. As a result, the price of the catalog will increase to $20 for a pack of 25 and $49 for a pack of 100. When you see it, we're sure you'll agree the catalog continues to be an excellent value and an even more effective tool to grow your business.
To pre-order your spring business materials, beginning Jan. 18, go to Consultant's Corner > Managing Your Business > Samples and Supplies.

The pre-order site is only available Jan. 18-31.

jcsmilez said:

Here is the blurb from this weeks PC NewsWire.

"We've expanded the Spring Catalog from 56 to 64 pages to better showcase our products, and add more food photography and recipes. As a result, the price of the catalog will increase to $20 for a pack of 25 and $49 for a pack of 100. When you see it, we're sure you'll agree the catalog continues to be an excellent value and an even more effective tool to grow your business."

jcsmilez said:

Forgot to mention that I do reminder calls for all of my hosts as long as they supply me with their phone numbers which most hosts do. I'm really look for ways to cut costs. Maybe that should be another thread...

BeckyC5830 said:
I'd go with the postcards too with that many people. I've been sending mini's and full sheet invites out for all of my fall/winter parties and spend a lot of money on mini's, paper, envelopes and postage and have not seen a lot of difference in my sales. Maybe once every three shows someone will call me that won't be coming and place a nominal order.

I really believe that if the host doesn't do their job by getting people to their show by staying in touch with their guests, it doesn't matter what you send for an invitation. My best shows are the ones where the host is excited about their shows. My latest $700 show was all done by e-vites -- no cost to anyone. But the host was excited and kept in touch with her guests. I can host coach until I'm blue in the face, but I think some hosts don't understand they need to keep their show fresh in their guests mind and share their enthusiasm.

I've had two non-shows this past fall where I spent around $23 each show for postage, mini's, envelopes and paper. I am really beginning to rethink the mini's and going back to the postcards.

I agree - I've been doing flyers & minis all season and have not seen all that big of a change in OOs...beginning to rethink and leaning back toward postcards again

dannyzmom said:
I agree - I've been doing flyers & minis all season and have not seen all that big of a change in OOs...beginning to rethink and leaning back toward postcards again

I've been thinking the same thing too. Last F/W season I did October/November/December with the holiday mini and didn't see much of a difference. I've been doing mini's again now since last March. I have not seen a big difference.

I'm mainly using minis as hand outs to people I'm not sure will order as well as mailings for potential recruits. Especially since they put together the flyer on the half-price rebate that fits in the mini!!!

BeckyC5830 said:
Here is the blurb from this weeks PC NewsWire.

"We've expanded the Spring Catalog from 56 to 64 pages to better showcase our products, and add more food photography and recipes. As a result, the price of the catalog will increase to $20 for a pack of 25 and $49 for a pack of 100. When you see it, we're sure you'll agree the catalog continues to be an excellent value and an even more effective tool to grow your business."

Heh, I am usually on top of all the news, I guess I've been out of the loop this week. :eek: It all makes sense now.

wadesgirl said:
I've been thinking the same thing too. Last F/W season I did October/November/December with the holiday mini and didn't see much of a difference. I've been doing mini's again now since last March. I have not seen a big difference.

Hmm, glad I'm not the only one rethinking this. I started doing flyer with mini in Sept. I had not sent invites for my hosts prior to that. I have not seen an increase in outside orders or show average. I do feel that attendance has increased a little, that I'm getting more bookings, and that my cancellations have gone way down.

Now I'm panicking because I can't reach the rest of my hosts and they haven't turned in invite lists. I already had one show this month cancel. She never gave me an invite list and I can't reach her to reschedule. Two others have postponed without picking a new date. Now this Sunday's host is telling me she only has 4 people coming. I go from feeling really positive to hitting slumps like this where my bookings dry up all of a sudden.

I may switch to sending postcard invites, but I feel that postcards take a longer time than an envelope in the mail. I do encourage my hosts to do e-mails and phone calls in addition to the mail. Hmmm, more thinking to do about this...

My last host that invited 100 people had a $1900.00 show. The investment in postage was waaaaaay worth it.
I would, however, ask for phone numbers.
Good luck!

beckyjsmith said:
My last host that invited 100 people had a $1900.00 show. The investment in postage was waaaaaay worth it.
I would, however, ask for phone numbers.
Good luck!

Becky - I can't ask for phone #'s because she left for vacation the day after giving me her list. She will be returning on the 25th, and her party is the 28th!

I did however, chat with her for a while about her list. about 8-10 are people who live out of town, and those we will be sending mini catalogs with instructions for ordering online. They are relatives and she is sure some of them will do an online order if they know she is having a party.

The rest - well, half are from her church/neighborhood, and she doesn't want to invite some, and not others. The other half are from the Coast Guard Auxiliary she belongs to, and the same thing applies there for inviting people.

I let her know that I really appreciated the extensive list, but I just wanted her to be aware that average attendance at my shows is about 1/3 -1/2 of those invited. She said that she's had many different types of home parties, and she's always lucky if she has 10 people there. However, she's never had a Pampered Chef party, and she did admit that she's never invited this many to a party before.

She ended the conversation by saying that she forgot a couple of people :eek: on the list, but she will just invite them with a phone call and a postcard from her Host Packet.

It was a very nice conversation, and she is really excited about her Party. Her attitude is that she doubts she'll have that many show up (I told her she's going to be pleasantly surprised!) but that she has a large house, and if she does have 40 people there, she'll just start telling them to bring their own chairs. :D

(We're doing the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, and Biscuit Bites....I may borrow a 2nd DCB to do the Peanut Butter Dump Cake too.)

Becca_in_MD said:
Hmm, glad I'm not the only one rethinking this. I started doing flyer with mini in Sept. I had not sent invites for my hosts prior to that. I have not seen an increase in outside orders or show average. I do feel that attendance has increased a little, that I'm getting more bookings, and that my cancellations have gone way down.

Now I'm panicking because I can't reach the rest of my hosts and they haven't turned in invite lists. I already had one show this month cancel. She never gave me an invite list and I can't reach her to reschedule. Two others have postponed without picking a new date. Now this Sunday's host is telling me she only has 4 people coming. I go from feeling really positive to hitting slumps like this where my bookings dry up all of a sudden.

I may switch to sending postcard invites, but I feel that postcards take a longer time than an envelope in the mail. I do encourage my hosts to do e-mails and phone calls in addition to the mail. Hmmm, more thinking to do about this...

I mailed the postcards before I started doing the mini catalogs. I do agree that it feels better knowing that the envelopes may not get as lost as the postcards. I also started doing reminder calls at the same time. I have not noticed my attendance or show average going up.

I was using minis all last fall after NC and I too never saw a real difference so I stopped doing it and and using flier type invites customized and I can print so...
And get this, I also saw no difference in attendance with me mailing them after deciding to do so after conference or the host mailing or handing them out from before NC. So I don't know if anything we do differently actually works! Weird!
Anyway... who knows?

pampered1224 said:
I was using minis all last fall after NC and I too never saw a real difference so I stopped doing it and and using flier type invites customized and I can print so...
And get this, I also saw no difference in attendance with me mailing them after deciding to do so after conference or the host mailing or handing them out from before NC. So I don't know if anything we do differently actually works! Weird!
Anyway... who knows?

I don't mail them to increase attendance - I mail them to stop cancallations!

The one thing I have begun doing that has most definitely increased attendance is that I've started telling my hosts to verbally, and through email and facebook, invite their guests, and then I mail out the invitations one week before the party. I've stopped stressing if I don't have address lists a month, or even two weeks before the party. Whenever I get the list, I mail the invites. Doing it this way, instead of mailing the invites two weeks out, has increased my attendance. I used to plan on about 1/4 of those invited coming...and now, it's always 1/3-1/2...and I've had several where it was 2/3 to 3/4 of the people invited who attend!

You know what is odd here. I have only had two parties cancel on me in 8 years. I have had to cancel about 10 myself because of work and one that I could not get to because of weather and then one because I was so sick it wasn't funny. (My host still had her party with me standing by to answer questions and she did over $500 in sales and yes, I did try to recruit her!), but hey, that happens. Oh well. Keep us posted on the out come! I would love for you to hit it big!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! So, I have a host later in the month that I haven't heard from at all....she hadn't responded to the host coaching letters, emails, or the phone call I made.

Just now, she sent me an email - here is the body of it:

Becky,
Attached is my invitation list for the Pampered Chef party on Thursday, Jan. 28. What time is it going to be held? The list is extensive, but my past experience is, invite everybody & hope for about 10 people. I will be out of town from Thursday, Jan. 14 until Monday, Jan. 25.
Gayle

The list was an excel spread sheet, so I'm thinking when I open it up it will be 40-50 names, 60 tops.

Nope, not 40-50. Not even 70. This lady has 101 names on her guest list! It's going to cost me $50 (plus minis and envelopes and labels) to mail these out! :eek:

So - I'm thinking I either find a way to ask her to pare down her list (quickly as she is leaving for vacation!) or I just mail postcards. She won't be home until a couple days before the party, so I'm not sure how she's going to contact and make reminders....and I didn't get phone #'s, but she did give me emails for about 1/3 of them.

What would you do?

I would never ask a host to pair it down -
Did you get names, addresses, phone numbers AND/OR emails?
I would send e-vites - and check out the phone-vite too - I believe if you do 25 names at a time (even per day) you can get that service for FREE - have the calls go out around noon so it will leave a message on most answering machines. Then just do postcards - either PC ones - or design your own - you will need to get very cost effective on this one - but totally get ALL 101 invites out - only 1/4 will show up - and you will have a kick A$$ show - more than likely a $1,000 show :)
Keep us posted on this one. :p

danahv said:
I would send e-vites - and check out the phone-vite too - I believe if you do 25 names at a time (even per day) you can get that service for FREE - have the calls go out around noon so it will leave a message on most answering machines. Then just do postcards - either PC ones - or design your own - you will need to get very cost effective on this one - but totally get ALL 101 invites out - only 1/4 will show up - and you will have a kick A$$ show - more than likely a $1,000 show :)

Ok - I am a slow learner here...I can get PhoneVite service for free?
Can someone please walk me thru this? :confused:

danahv said:

Most of the questions you pose I've already answered in the thread. :D

Didn't get phone #'s for any - and won't since the host is on vacation.
Same goes for emails.

Also - my average for attendance is more 1/3 to 1/2 attend. :eek:

What I am doing (and I think I said this in a previous post....) is sending out full, enveloped invitations with the Mini, to all of those on the list that live out of the area, and also to about 30 others. Then I'll be doing postcard invites to the rest, but with a few added stickers to encourage attendance on those. I'm expecting 30-40 to attend, and told the host that, so she's ready for the onslaught!

Oh - and did I mention that when I was talking to her, she realized she'd left a couple off the list....and she told me that the on-duty Coast Guard women, she was just going to hand deliver their invites, because she didn't want to mail invites to a Gov't address. That's another 15.:D

I just had a show where 36 were invited, 21 attended, 26 ordered, and we are closing the show @ $1450....I can only imagine what this show will be!

When is it? I'm so excited to hear the end result!

mountainmama74 said:
When is it? I'm so excited to hear the end result!

It's one week from today! The 28th. I'm excited too!

Becky I love reading about your success stories. I know this show will be a great show. I can't wait to hear about the end result as well.

littlemaisyPC said:
Becky I love reading about your success stories. I know this show will be a great show. I can't wait to hear about the end result as well.

Thanks, Venus!

I'm using this show for some market research, too. Since it is such a big list, I am send part full invitations with the mini catalog, and part will get the postcard. Then, I can cross-check with the list and see the percentage that came from each way of sending invites. That should tell me something about whether sending out the mini catalog in an envelope is worth the extra cost...

Glad you're checking your response rate from the different types of invites. That's the kind of thing I would do ;) I'm just not having as much success from mailing the flyers and minis that you have, and I pretty much copied what you're doing in that regard. I haven't had time to sit down and really analyze my response rate. It's been on my "to do" list along with a ton of other stuff, such as revamping my host coaching which would probably help with it all.

This is going to be one killer of a show.

Glad your January shows have mostly held and you're having such success. I hope you win one of the TVs in the Games!

I love this "dilemma" and can't wait to see the results. Great idea on tracking the outcome of postcard vs mini. I'm interested in seeing some concrete data and can not wait to read how GREAT this show will be! Wishing for your BEST show yet! :D

It ain't even my party and I am excited too! I bet it will be FANTABULOUS for you!!

Wasnt this show this evening? If so, how did it go?

<h2>1. How can I manage a large guest list and keep costs down for my Pampered Chef party?</h2><p>Managing a large guest list can be challenging, but there are some tips that can help you keep costs down for your Pampered Chef party. Here are some things to consider:</p><ul> <li>Consider sending electronic invitations instead of traditional paper invitations to save on printing and mailing costs.</li> <li>Encourage your guests to RSVP in advance so you have a better idea of how many people will attend.</li> <li>Offer a variety of price points for products so guests with different budgets can still participate in the party.</li> <li>Consider hosting the party at a location that is free or low-cost, such as your home or a community center.</li> <li>Offer a hostess discount or free products based on the number of guests who attend and make purchases.</li></ul><h2>2. How do I handle a host who has not responded to any of my communications?</h2><p>If you have a host who has not responded to your emails or phone calls, it's important to reach out to them in a timely manner. Here are some steps you can take:</p><ul> <li>Send a final reminder email or voicemail a few days before the party to confirm details and remind them to invite their guests.</li> <li>Consider reaching out to the host's friends or family members to remind them about the party and encourage them to attend.</li> <li>Offer to help the host with any last-minute preparations or provide additional support to ensure a successful party.</li> <li>If the host is still unresponsive, consider reaching out to other potential hosts in the area to see if they would be interested in hosting a party.</li></ul><h2>3. How can I handle a host who has a very large guest list?</h2><p>Dealing with a host who has a large guest list can be overwhelming, especially if it's unexpected. Here are some suggestions for handling this situation:</p><ul> <li>Politely but firmly explain to the host that a large guest list can impact the success of the party and may also increase costs for you as the consultant.</li> <li>Suggest ways to help the host narrow down the guest list, such as focusing on close friends and family members or specific interest groups.</li> <li>Offer to send electronic invitations or postcards instead of traditional paper invitations to save on costs.</li> <li>Consider offering a discount or free product to the host if they are able to reduce the guest list to a more manageable size.</li></ul><h2>4. What should I do if a host will be out of town before the party?</h2><p>If your host will be out of town before the party, it's important to communicate with them and make sure all necessary details are taken care of. Here are some steps you can take:</p><ul> <li>Confirm the date, time, and location of the party with the host before they leave town.</li> <li>Ask the host to provide you with a list of contact information for their guests, such as email addresses or phone numbers.</li> <li>Work with the host to make sure invitations are sent out before they leave town, whether it's through traditional mail or electronic means.</li> <li>Consider asking a friend or family member of the host to help with reminders and follow-ups while the host is away.</li></ul><h2>5. Should I mail paper invitations or use electronic invitations for a large guest list?</h2><p>Deciding whether to use paper invitations or electronic invitations for a large guest list can depend on a few factors, such as your budget and the preferences of the host and guests. Here are some things to consider:</p><ul> <li>Electronic invitations are generally more cost-effective and can be sent out quickly, but some guests may prefer traditional paper invitations.</li> <li>Paper invitations can be more expensive and take longer to prepare and mail, but they may make the party feel more special and personal.</li> <li>You can also consider a combination of both paper and electronic invitations to cater to different preferences and keep costs down.</li> <li>Ultimately, the decision should be made in collaboration with the host and based on what will work best for the party and its guests.</li></ul>

1. How can I manage a large guest list and keep costs down for my Pampered Chef party?

Managing a large guest list can be challenging, but there are some tips that can help you keep costs down for your Pampered Chef party. Here are some things to consider:

• Consider sending electronic invitations instead of traditional paper invitations to save on printing and mailing costs.
  • Encourage your guests to RSVP in advance so you have a better idea of how many people will attend.
  • Offer a variety of price points for products so guests with different budgets can still participate in the party.
  • Consider hosting the party at a location that is free or low-cost, such as your home or a community center.
  • Offer a hostess discount or free products based on the number of guests who attend and make purchases.

2. How do I handle a host who has not responded to any of my communications?

If you have a host who has not responded to your emails or phone calls, it's important to reach out to them in a timely manner. Here are some steps you can take:

• Send a final reminder email or voicemail a few days before the party to confirm details and remind them to invite their guests.
  • Consider reaching out to the host's friends or family members to remind them about the party and encourage them to attend.
  • Offer to help the host with any last-minute preparations or provide additional support to ensure a successful party.
  • If the host is still unresponsive, consider reaching out to other potential hosts in the area to see if they would be interested in hosting a party.

3. How can I handle a host who has a very large guest list?

Dealing with a host who has a large guest list can be overwhelming, especially if it's unexpected. Here are some suggestions for handling this situation:

• Politely but firmly explain to the host that a large guest list can impact the success of the party and may also increase costs for you as the consultant.
  • Suggest ways to help the host narrow down the guest list, such as focusing on close friends and family members or specific interest groups.
  • Offer to send electronic invitations or postcards instead of traditional paper invitations to save on costs.
  • Consider offering a discount or free product to the host if they are able to reduce the guest list to a more manageable size.

4. What should I do if a host will be out of town before the party?

If your host will be out of town before the party, it's important to communicate with them and make sure all necessary details are taken care of. Here are some steps you can take:

• Confirm the date, time, and location of the party with the host before they leave town.
  • Ask the host to provide you with a list of contact information for their guests, such as email addresses or phone numbers.
  • Work with the host to make sure invitations are sent out before they leave town, whether it's through traditional mail or electronic means.
  • Consider asking a friend or family member of the host to help with reminders and follow-ups while the host is away.

5. Should I mail paper invitations or use electronic invitations for a large guest list?

Deciding whether to use paper invitations or electronic invitations for a large guest list can depend on a few factors, such as your budget and the preferences of the host and guests. Here are some things to consider:

• Electronic invitations are generally more cost-effective and can be sent out quickly, but some guests may prefer traditional paper invitations.
  • Paper invitations can be more expensive and take longer to prepare and mail, but they may make the party feel more special and personal.
  • You can also consider a combination of both paper and electronic invitations to cater to different preferences and keep costs down.
  • Ultimately, the decision should be made in collaboration with the host and based on what will work best for the party and its guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies