• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Used Only 6 Wells in the 12 Ct Stoneware Muffin Pan?

In summary, a guest is unable to attend a party on Saturday and is looking for a suitable alternative to the Single Servings Pan they had ordered. They are interested in using a traditional 6 ct stoneware muffin pan and have asked if using only 6 wells in a 12 ct muffin pan would work. It has been suggested to fill the empty wells with water to regulate the temperature, but to use cold water to avoid too much heat dissipating. While the host has not personally tried this method, others have had success with it. It is recommended to adjust the baking time accordingly and do a test batch first. The host hopes this information will help their guest and that they enjoy using the muffin pan.
aPamperedBride
Gold Member
I have a guest who cannot attend my party on Saturday that has ordered the Single Servings Pan, but then realized it might not suit her needs. She really wants a 6 ct stoneware muffin pan (like we used to carry). The SSP holds 1 cup of food while a traditional muffin pan only holds 1/3 cup. She has asked if it is OK to just use 6 wells in the 12 ct muffin pan. I told her I thought it would be fine as long as she spaced them out on the pan. Then she asked if she should fill the other wells with water. Has anyone tried this? I have both the 6 ct and 12 ct ones in my kitchen, as well as two silicone muffin pans and the brownie pan, so I've never needed to use only 1/2 of the 12 ct muffin pan. Please let me know if what you've done if you've used it this way!

I haven't personally tried this, but I have seen a few people do it and it seems to work fine. The only thing to keep in mind is that the muffins may need to cook a little longer since there is less heat circulating in the pan. If using water, the idea is that it will help to create steam and help regulate the temperature of the pan. In addition, if you are planning to use the extra wells with water, be sure to use cold water (not hot) to avoid having too much of the heat dissipate from the pan.

I would love to help her out since she's bummed she can't attend the party, but I also don't want to give her incorrect information.I have not personally tried using only 6 wells in the 12 ct muffin pan, but I have heard of others doing it successfully. As long as she spaces them out and fills the empty wells with water, it should work just fine. The water will help distribute the heat evenly and prevent the empty wells from burning. Just make sure she adjusts the baking time accordingly, as the muffins may cook faster with only 6 in the pan. It's always a good idea to do a test batch first to get the timing right. I hope this helps and that your guest enjoys her muffin pan!

1. Can I use only 6 wells in the 12 Ct Stoneware Muffin Pan?

Yes, you can use only 6 wells in the 12 Ct Stoneware Muffin Pan. The pan is designed to accommodate up to 12 muffins, but you can choose to use fewer wells if desired.

2. Will the muffins bake evenly if I only use 6 wells?

Yes, the muffins will bake evenly even if you only use 6 wells. The Stoneware Muffin Pan is made of high-quality stoneware that distributes heat evenly, ensuring that your muffins will be perfectly baked.

3. Do I need to make any adjustments to the baking time or temperature if I only use 6 wells?

No, you do not need to make any adjustments to the baking time or temperature if you only use 6 wells. The pan is designed to bake evenly regardless of the number of wells being used.

4. Can I use the remaining 6 wells for another recipe?

Yes, you can use the remaining 6 wells for another recipe. The Stoneware Muffin Pan is versatile and can be used for a variety of baked goods, such as cupcakes, mini quiches, and individual desserts.

5. Will cleaning the pan be more difficult if I only use 6 wells?

No, cleaning the pan will not be more difficult if you only use 6 wells. The Stoneware Muffin Pan is dishwasher safe and has a nonstick surface, making it easy to clean regardless of the number of wells used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kwright67
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • sfdavis918