• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Sold the Heart Dish?

In summary, Teresa Lynn has had five shows since January 1, and she's only sold one heart dish. She's planning to buy them as Valentine's gifts for her son's teachers, and she provides a recipe for the micro-wave cake in case people are not familiar with it.
JAE
I've had five shows since January 1, and I've taken the heart dish to each show. I put the little conversation hearts inside. I show it tell guests it isn't in the catalog and goes with SA, blah blah blah. I haven't sold any. I'm just wondering if anyone else is selling them.

I sold one last night to an older lady. I've only had the one show and have only sold one!

Nope! I'd love to hear some inovative ideas on how people are selling it.

I just sold 14 at a show last night!! I used the flyer I found here and talked about how its a great teacher gift, busdriver gift,religion, scoutleader, coach gift etc - they were all buying them - give em a reason they HAVE to get it and they will!!

I've had 2 shows and have sold 4 so far. I'm planning to buy them for my son's teachers as a Valentine's present and put candies in them.

I haven't sold any. I forgot to take it to my show the other night. I have one on the 25th.

I am not too impressed with them, but I will sure try to sale it at my next show!

I have been making the micro-wave cake in them using the recipe that we use to make a microwave cake in the Coffee & More Cups and almost everyone buys at least 1, many have bought multiples.

Here is the recipe in case you are not familiar.
Take a cake mix (my favorite is Spice) in a ziplock bag add a small pkg of instant pudding (I add Cheesecake), shake well. In the 1 cup Easy Read Cup add one egg, 1 Tbs Veg oil, 1 Tbs water mix well, add 1/2 cup cake mixture. Put in heart mold, or cup.
Add 1 med scoop prepared icing (Caramel for me!). Microwave 70-90 seconds depending on age of oven. Turn out on small square!

Last edited:
I am going to go try that cake right now!

And is it true that these hearts are only offered in January.

Deannasbiz said:
I am going to go try that cake right now!

And is it true that these hearts are only offered in January.

I believe so - and they werent in the new spring line so I think its a one time deal - till they hit outlet -

Ive sold 16 in 2 shows

What did you say or do with the heart dish Teresa Lynn? Details please. :)

pjpamchef said:
I have been making the micro-wave cake in them using the recipe that we use to make a microwave cake in the Coffee & More Cups and almost everyone buys at least 1, many have bought multiples.

Here is the recipe in case you are not familiar.
Take a cake mix (my favorite is Spice) in a ziplock bag add a small pkg of instant pudding (I add Cheesecake), shake well. In the 1 cup Easy Read Cup add one egg, 1 Tbs Veg oil, 1 Tbs water mix well, add 1/2 cup cake mixture. Put in heart mold, or cup.
Add 1 med scoop prepared icing (Caramel for me!). Microwave 70-90 seconds depending on age of oven. Turn out on small square!
Confused about those ingredients. How much cake mix and how much pudding is going into the zip loc? What size is the Ziploc? Are you using the whole box of a regular size cake mix, a 3 oz pudding mix and a gallon ziploc? Then you take out just 1/2 cup mix for one heart size cake?

PamperedDor said:
I just sold 14 at a show last night!! I used the flyer I found here and talked about how its a great teacher gift, busdriver gift,religion, scoutleader, coach gift etc - they were all buying them - give em a reason they HAVE to get it and they will!!
You're right. I need to give them a reason to need them. I don't care about them, so I need to realize that others may care about them. I also didn't remember that they are only here this month.

JAE said:
Confused about those ingredients. How much cake mix and how much pudding is going into the zip loc? What size is the Ziploc? Are you using the whole box of a regular size cake mix, a 3 oz pudding mix and a gallon ziploc? Then you take out just 1/2 cup mix for one heart size cake?

You use a whole box of cake mix and a whole pkg of pudding mix in a bag large enough to hold them (I call this the Basic or Master Mix). Then you take 1/2cup of it with the other ingredients. Use complimentary mixes and frosting. There are a bunch of suggestions on the flier in Files.

I've sold 12 at 2 shows. I know one person bought 2 for an upcoming bride, one bought 3 for her kids' teachers.

I tell how they're good for teachers filled with candy,good for shower gifts, to put on your night stand for rings and so much more. I haven't even mentioned the cake, but I think I might do that at my show next weekend!

Tell the ladies to fill them with "coupons" for nights out with their hubbys and give it to them for VDay - then you get to keep the gift!! LOL!!

Even if you aren't crazy for them - talk them up and remember - they are only 10 each - I wonder if you make 3 of those little cakes and put them together in the shape of a shamrock??? More then one holiday!! someone go try it and report back - I am off to a wine tasting party! (gonna try to get some sales of my own too!! LOL)

I have a lg sho on Sunday I hope to sell some , Ill talk about teacher gifts ect....... well see

Hope it goes well, Doreen and Doreen.

I have sold 10 so far........

That's great rennea. What are you saying to sell them.
I wish I had cake mix and pudding. I'd try some out right now. I have brownie mix. I guess I'll go look up the flier.

JAE said:
That's great rennea. What are you saying to sell them.
I wish I had cake mix and pudding. I'd try some out right now. I have brownie mix. I guess I'll go look up the flier.

I have one with candies in it that is all wrapped up. I also have one with soaps and display it with our cranberry guest towels. I have sold more towels this way. I have also told customers that it would be great next to their kitchen sinks. I too have to try the cake.

I just tried the cake in the heart shaped bowl. I did a caramel cake with vanilla pudding then put vanilla icing on the top. It came out great. My DH was drinking a cup of coffee and I gave it to him to try and he said this is great especially with coffee.

I've only sold a few, and it was to a couple of close friends who saw mine on my kitchen counter, not at parties. And let me tell you, I have PUSHED these at parties (not in a bad way, just mentioned it several times each show, promoting the teacher gift idea, etc.). I've had two hosts tell me they thought it was overpriced (kind of funny, since I know how much they've spent on other items and $10 is a bargain in comparison!).
I have also bought a couple to give as gifts to friends who have birthdays right around Valentine's Day. Other than that, no dice. I have also tried the cake mix, and unless you've experimented at home, I don't recommend trying them at a show until you know how to get them to turn out well (it took some time and experimenting, and sometimes they still come out funny).
FYI - If you have the large cranberry accent platter, put the heart in the middle with dip, and then arrange chips/bread pieces around it. It turns out very nice as a display that way...

I make the cake with a large scoop of cherry pie filling in the bottom. Make a nice surprise.

PamperedDor said:

Where can I find this flyer?

JoLynn

I've been sick & couldn't find mine so instead of trying to talk about it every guest got the OOF this time and I highlighted it.Didn't talk about it 'cuz I could hardly breathe or talk & was just wanting to get back home to my jammies.
Last night ,my neighbor returned it they'd had it since CHRISTMAS EVE!! when we sent some leftovers to them in it.

Well, my January show is not confirmed so ....

If it gets rescheduled for Feb., is the dish still available? Or should I just toss it into a gift basket!

FYI - If you have the large cranberry accent platter, put the heart in the middle with dip, and then arrange chips/bread pieces around it. It turns out very nice as a display that way...[/QUOTE]

I love that idea - now everyone bring even the medium square with accent or plain and display it that way at your shows -

I bet it would look great with a pillar candle also - I am going to call a few friends who sell real estate - I think it would be a great gift for them to give to the new homeowner - "Home is where the Heart is.." welcome gift - or even just someone you know who is purchasing a new home -

haven't sold a single one....had just one show, though.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Well, my January show is not confirmed so ....

If it gets rescheduled for Feb., is the dish still available? Or should I just toss it into a gift basket!

when is the show??? AND never toss it in a basket - if you arent keeping it for your self - how about giving it to someone (teacher, coach, driver etc) as a thank you - and DONT forget your business card with it!!!!

DebbieJ said:
haven't sold a single one....had just one show, though.

Deb - is it because you arent crazy about it or you just cant find the need for them to purchase it??

soldi just sold 2 tonight and I forgot to bring it!!!

I haven't sold any yet. However, I forgot ALL about it!! I put mine on my pantry shelf and just forgot about it. I will take it to my show today and to the one I have tomorrow and see if I can generate some interest.

Thanks so much for the ideas!! Congratulations on selling sooo many! Selling 16 at one show means an additional $160 for the host in sales and 320 trip points for you as the consultant (not to mention higher commission)!!

I have not sold any as of yet, but next weekend I have a booth at a large cat fair, along the lines of the Westminter dog shows but with cats. I am setting up my PC to show how easy it is to make your own homemade cat food and treats. I am also talking up the heard dish as a cat dish along with the cranberry silicone hot pad so it does not slide around. I hope to sell quite a few.

I had a host book a show, just because of the heart dish ~ her show is next friday night, and she told me 3 people want to buy the heart dish.

Here is the official recipe:

ONE MINUTE-10 SECOND
MICROWAVE HEART CAKES

Basic Cup Cake Mix:

1 box Cake Mix (any flavor)
1 small box of INSTANT JELL-O PUDDING (any flavor)

To make the cakes follow the directions below:

1/2 cup of Basic Mix
1 egg
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Tablespoon Water
1 Medium Scoop prepared frosting

Mix together in the SIMPLE ADDITIONS COFFEE & MORE CUP.
Transfer to SA Heart Bowl.
Add 1 scoop (a HEAPING teaspoon) of your choice of prepared frosting. DO NOT STIR!! Place in the microwave
and cook 1 minute 10 seconds.
Invert on plate and you have a MOLTEN LAVA CAKE—YUM!!!

CAKE IDEAS:
Strawberry cake mix, cheesecake pudding, and cream cheese frosting
Banana cake mix, vanilla pudding (or banana), cream cheese frosting
Chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, chocolate frosting
German chocolate cake mix, coconut pudding, coconut pecan frosting
Lemon cake mix, vanilla pudding, cream cheese frosting.
You can ADD NUTS to the mix, if desired.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I've done strawberry cake, cheesecake pudding, strawberry frosting
devil's food cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip on top

Does anyone know the item # for these Heart Bowls? I am trying to add it to my OOF, but cannot find the item #. I can't check CC because it is down right now for maintenance. I have a show in a little while and just wanted to have it on there.

Thanks!

I haven't sold any out of two shows. I've talked them up, I've talked up the low price, the limited availability and all the ways they can use them... I also put a little slip in my lapboards on top of the other things so it's the first thing they see. I heard one gal say something about it but then didn't order one and I didn't get to see who said it so couldn't follow up - I was busy setting up and starting my demo..

9 for me, but that's only because I did a email blitz about them (and actually 4 of them are for me to give to my family for valentines cause I thought they were so dang cute)! Will see if my catty show has any orders for it?

I've sold 3 so far on the ONE catalog show. Haven't had any other shows yet this month though.

Fluffy215 said:
I have not sold any as of yet, but next weekend I have a booth at a large cat fair, along the lines of the Westminter dog shows but with cats. I am setting up my PC to show how easy it is to make your own homemade cat food and treats. I am also talking up the heard dish as a cat dish along with the cranberry silicone hot pad so it does not slide around. I hope to sell quite a few.

Don't forget to bring your can opener and an opened clean (cat food) can so they can see how well this product works. Even on the tab-pull cans (which I detest) I used the can opener (you might want to bring one of those opened). Then you are able to use a scraper to clean out the food and not worry about cutting up the scraper.

Thanks for posting the flyer. Don't know how I missed not seeing it prior to tonight! Going to e-mail it now to my customers to see if I can get some sales!

Cute idea for a Pampered Pet dish!

Thanks for posting about the pull top cans, too.

>>^..^<<

I love the idea of using the heart dish for dog or cat food.:thumbup:

Gee you're right--I never thought of using it as a pet's dish too! My dog loves Pampered Chef (you should see her ears perk when the subject comes up!) and I am sure she'd love her own PC dish!

chefjeanine said:
Don't forget to bring your can opener and an opened clean (cat food) can so they can see how well this product works. Even on the tab-pull cans (which I detest) I used the can opener (you might want to bring one of those opened). Then you are able to use a scraper to clean out the food and not worry about cutting up the scraper.

Thank you, I was going to mention the can opener but never thought about bringing a can of food w/me. Thanks :)

Help!! I tried the cake tonight and mine didn't do that great, it overflowed and it looked like it had been shot right in the middle. The icing just stayed right in the center. Am I doing something wrong? It is such a great idea, I want mine to come out right.

I thought there was supposed to be a "hole" in the center so when you cut into it the frosting flows out. I made one tonight and it worked out fine, even though my son forgot to put the pudding into the bag. He was mixing it up, so I thought he was mixing in the pudding. So, FYI, pudding not necessary. I made another one with pudding and it was good too. I had to redo the recipe and add a little less pudding mix. It seems to have worked out. I think my microwave cooks hotter than many, so it didn't need to bake for the whole 1 minute and 10 seconds. The microwave cakes from the test kitchen are always over done if I cook them for 14 minutes, too.

Does anyone have a picture of the heart shaped bowl that is not Adobe--something I can copy and drop into an e-mail. I am using it as a preValentine booking gift.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
K_Jurich
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
MORFIA
Replies