• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gnocchi-Making: Seeking Reassurance, Tips & Feedback

In summary, Wendy's 5 year old made the puffs and they were amazing. She also tried the Italian food theme and loved it.
WendyAebi
Has anyone made this yet? I just stirred up a batch, using 1 1/2 cups flour in the dough and kneading in another 1/2 cup, which is how I understood the recipe. It was so tender I couldn't have rolled it out into logs, plus it was still pretty sticky, so I kneaded in more flour, probably 2/3 cup, and I think it could have used more. I am making this for my first two March shows, and I'm a little nervous. The recipe is very simple but I'm worried about filling the time where I'm kneading and rolling dough.

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance, tips & feedback from anyone else who has already made the gnocchi!!

i'm glad you started this thread. i am also going to make this tonight for dinner and was wondering how it was and if it was simple enough to make and how much does it make?

The recipe says it makes 4 servings...I'm thinking if you're feeding LUMBERJACKS! LOL I would think more like 5, even 6 dinner servings, and probably 8 to 10 party servings, if you had the garlic pull apart bread, a salad & dessert to go with it.

I just used a jarred marinara sauce to top it off and that kind of spoiled it. The gnocchi itself was good but you really need a WOW sauce to set it off, IMHO. With the plain ol' marinara sauce, it wasn't any more special than everyday spaghetti. I think I'll try it again with the sage butter and see if I feel happier. ;)

Oh, and for what it's worth, my 5 year old and I made the profitteroles yesterday and there are ZERO left. MMMMMMM--those definitely get four stars!!

Wendy--WOW, your 5 year old made the puffs?! That's an Advanced recipe. They are sooo yummy!! I had the Risotto at our cluster meeting tonight and I cannot believe how good it is! It didn't taste at all like I thought it would. I plan on promoting that recipe this season or the puffs. We also tried the Caprese mini-sandwiches and they were good also, altough the flat bread was kinda hard to bite through and keep the sandwich together.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Italian food and I am so excited about this new theme.

Happy Cooking!!!

Hi there! I have made this recipe several times and it always turns out delicious. I usually start with 1 1/2 cups of flour in the dough and then gradually add more as needed while kneading. It's important to not add too much flour or the gnocchi can become dense and heavy. I also find that letting the dough rest for a few minutes before rolling and cutting helps with the stickiness. As for filling the time during kneading and rolling, I like to talk about the history of gnocchi, different variations, and serving suggestions. I'm sure your shows will be a hit with this tasty dish! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I make gnocchi without a potato ricer?

Yes, you can use a fork or a potato masher to achieve a similar texture to a potato ricer. However, using a ricer will result in a smoother and more consistent texture for your gnocchi.

2. How do I know when the gnocchi dough is ready?

The dough should be smooth and slightly sticky, but not too wet or dry. If it feels too wet, add more flour and if it feels too dry, add a little bit of water. The dough should also hold its shape when rolled into a ball.

3. How do I prevent my gnocchi from sticking together?

Make sure to generously flour your work surface and hands when rolling and shaping the gnocchi. You can also place the shaped gnocchi on a floured baking sheet and freeze them for a few minutes before cooking to prevent them from sticking together.

4. Can I make gnocchi ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the gnocchi dough and shape them ahead of time. Place the shaped gnocchi on a floured baking sheet and freeze them. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag and store in the freezer until ready to cook. Gnocchi can also be cooked and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.

5. How do I know when the gnocchi is cooked?

Gnocchi is cooked when they float to the surface of boiling water. You can also cut one open to check if the center is cooked through. They should be tender but not mushy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Oracle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • its_me_susan