1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Has anyone made this month's Featured Recipe? _ Pink Ribbon Cookies

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Has anyone tried to make the Featured Recipe right now?
    "Pink Ribbon Cookies"

I was just curious. I was thinking these would make a great "Pamper a Business" recipe for May to try to get HWC Catalog shows through businesses- since the cookies give a great conversation starter (because of the pink ribbon).

But I'm thinking they sound complicated (the icing). ANyone try them yet?

Apr 27, 2009
  2. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Hmm, I tried your link and it came up no recipe currently available. Maybe because I'm in Canada. I'm off to see if it's on our website as well.

Apr 27, 2009
  3. esavvymom

Oh. Yeah- it might. I was on the main PC site (US - English version). Sorry. It's found under the Recipes and comes up as the Featured.

This is the Consultant Corner link to the Pink Ribbon Cookies. I don't know if you have a different CC for Canada too. :( Sorry.

Apr 27, 2009
  4. Geekgirl69

Geekgirl69 Advanced Member Gold Member

I am attaching the web page as a pdf so you can see it Jodi (and any others that couldn't access it).

It looks beyond my abilities as a baker but am curious how easy it is also.

Attached Files:

Apr 27, 2009
  5. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

I made them last year - did not like them. To me, they were too dense. Maybe I did something wrong ( I don't bake) but they did not taste good to me.

Anyone else?

6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Some of my former upline made them for a HWC event. They are a little time-intensive when it comes to the icing. And I've heard from other consultants that the cake mix based cookie isn't the best tasting thing in the world.

Apr 28, 2009
  7. JDooley

JDooley Member

Apr 28, 2009
  8. maassl

maassl Guest

could you just make normal sugar cookies (either the fridge version or homemade) and then ice them like that? They may taste better. I have a great sugar cookie recipe that everyone raves about if you want it.

Apr 28, 2009
  9. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I would think you could do this. My other thought is, the cookie you are icing, may need to be moist so that it can soak in the icing.

I could just see mine looking a little strange...;)

10. BlessedWifeMommy

I like this option a lot better!

11. BlessedWifeMommy

Okay I just realized. We need to carry a Ribbon Cookie cutter!

12. esavvymom

Yeah- that would be neat to have in the HWC months.
    The cookie cutter at the above link is really cute- and you could ice a regular sugar cookie with a pink icing and be done! *hmmm* Wonder how long shipping would take? Or if any of the kitchen stores around here would have something like this? I would love to just have a quick and simple treat for Pampering a few businesses (thinking local hair salons and day-spas- where they cater to women especially) this month. I don't have a lot of time to do anything really complicated.

Apr 28, 2009
  13. esavvymom

Found this photo on The Cookie Cutter Shop site . They have a Ribbon Cutter also.

[​IMG]
    - This would be really cute if you did it in the small batter bowl (sugar cookie recipe) and attached a cookie cutter to it (this site, you can get them for $1 each if you buy in bulk.) Might make a good raffle or giveaway item probably!

Apr 28, 2009
  14. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

What about making a round sugar cookie and icing it with white frosting and then use the HWC stencils from last year!

Apr 28, 2009
  15. merego

merego Senior Member

I made them last year and they tasted AWFUL, I even e-mailed HO about them and there response was that they were tested and people liked them.. don't remember the exact reply, ii may be posted on here somewhere because I posted about these cookies last May. :)

Apr 28, 2009
  16. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

We had ribbon cake stencils a couple of years ago, and they weren't a big seller. As cool as we think a ribbon item like that is, there just isn't the demand for it. Only a minority of the population will make baked goods shaped like or decorated with awareness ribbons (of any color), but EVERYONE can use a scraper.

Apr 28, 2009
  17. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

But we can use the stencils to decorate regular sugar cookies!;)

Apr 28, 2009
  18. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

19. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Just realized someone else was thinking the same.....geesh, my brain is failing me!

20. Paula dean has a really yummy sugar cookie recipie. Monogramed sugar cookies. She uses powdered sugar instd of white sugar. I could eat that by its self..

I love the jar idea posted previously that is a super idea for hostess gifts for may

Have something to add?