• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pink Ribbon Cookies: Have You Tried Making Them Yet?

In summary, some people have tried to make the Featured Recipe for the Pink Ribbon Cookies, but it is not available at this time.
esavvymom
Staff member
Has anyone tried to make the Featured Recipe right now?
"Pink Ribbon Cookies"

I was just curious. I was thinking these would make a great "Pamper a Business" recipe for May to try to get HWC Catalog shows through businesses- since the cookies give a great conversation starter (because of the pink ribbon).

But I'm thinking they sound complicated (the icing). ANyone try them yet?

Hmm, I tried your link and it came up no recipe currently available. Maybe because I'm in Canada. I'm off to see if it's on our website as well.

Oh. Yeah- it might. I was on the main PC site (US - English version). Sorry. It's found under the Recipes and comes up as the Featured.This is the Consultant Corner link to the Pink Ribbon Cookies. I don't know if you have a different CC for Canada too. :( Sorry.

I am attaching the web page as a pdf so you can see it Jodi (and any others that couldn't access it).

It looks beyond my abilities as a baker but am curious how easy it is also.

Attachments

• Pink ribbon cookies.pdf
    107.7 KB · Views: 416
I made them last year - did not like them. To me, they were too dense. Maybe I did something wrong ( I don't bake) but they did not taste good to me.

Anyone else?

Some of my former upline made them for a HWC event. They are a little time-intensive when it comes to the icing. And I've heard from other consultants that the cake mix based cookie isn't the best tasting thing in the world.

could you just make normal sugar cookies (either the fridge version or homemade) and then ice them like that? They may taste better. I have a great sugar cookie recipe that everyone raves about if you want it.

maassl said:
could you just make normal sugar cookies (either the fridge version or homemade) and then ice them like that? They may taste better. I have a great sugar cookie recipe that everyone raves about if you want it.

I would think you could do this. My other thought is, the cookie you are icing, may need to be moist so that it can soak in the icing.

I could just see mine looking a little strange...;)

Okay I just realized. We need to carry a Ribbon Cookie cutter!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Yeah- that would be neat to have in the HWC months.
The cookie cutter at the above link is really cute- and you could ice a regular sugar cookie with a pink icing and be done! *hmmm* Wonder how long shipping would take? Or if any of the kitchen stores around here would have something like this? I would love to just have a quick and simple treat for Pampering a few businesses (thinking local hair salons and day-spas- where they cater to women especially) this month. I don't have a lot of time to do anything really complicated.

Found this photo on http://www.thecookiecuttershop.com/cancercookiecutters.shtml site . They have a Ribbon Cutter also.

http://www.thecookiecuttershop.com/images/cookiejar.gif
- This would be really cute if you did it in the small batter bowl (sugar cookie recipe) and attached a cookie cutter to it (this site, you can get them for $1 each if you buy in bulk.) Might make a good raffle or giveaway item probably!

What about making a round sugar cookie and icing it with white frosting and then use the HWC stencils from last year!

I made them last year and they tasted AWFUL, I even e-mailed HO about them and there response was that they were tested and people liked them.. don't remember the exact reply, ii may be posted on here somewhere because I posted about these cookies last May. :)

BlessedWifeMommy said:

We had ribbon cake stencils a couple of years ago, and they weren't a big seller. As cool as we think a ribbon item like that is, there just isn't the demand for it. Only a minority of the population will make baked goods shaped like or decorated with awareness ribbons (of any color), but EVERYONE can use a scraper.

chefann said:
We had ribbon cake stencils a couple of years ago, and they weren't a big seller. As cool as we think a ribbon item like that is, there just isn't the demand for it. Only a minority of the population will make baked goods shaped like or decorated with awareness ribbons (of any color), but EVERYONE can use a scraper.

But we can use the stencils to decorate regular sugar cookies!;)

A friend just emailed me this link, to save me the embarrassment of trying to recreate the pink ribbon cookies! lol

http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/breast-cancer-awareness-pink-ribbon-cookie-cutter-pink.aspx

Just realized someone else was thinking the same.....geesh, my brain is failing me!

Paula dean has a really yummy sugar cookie recipie. Monogramed sugar cookies. She uses powdered sugar instd of white sugar. I could eat that by its self..

I love the jar idea posted previously that is a super idea for hostess gifts for may

What ingredients are needed to make Pink Ribbon Cookies?

The ingredients for Pink Ribbon Cookies include: all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, pink food coloring, and pink sprinkles.

How do I make the pink ribbon design on the cookies?

To make the pink ribbon design, you will need a small heart-shaped cookie cutter. After cutting out your cookie dough, use the heart-shaped cutter to create a small indent at the top of the cookie. Then, use a toothpick to gently drag the dough from the indent down to the bottom of the cookie, creating the ribbon shape.

Can these cookies be made in advance for a bake sale or event?

Yes, these cookies can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 2 weeks, just be sure to thaw them before serving.

Can I use a different color instead of pink for the cookies?

Of course! You can use any food coloring you'd like to create a different color for the cookies. You can also use different colored sprinkles to decorate the cookies.

Are there any variations to this recipe?

Yes, you can add in different extracts or spices to the cookie dough for added flavor. You can also use different shaped cookie cutters to create different designs, such as a pink ribbon shape or a breast cancer awareness symbol.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • K_Jurich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • J.Corley