• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Heard of a Earthquake Cake ?

In summary, the conversation was about a person's recipe for a chocolate earthquake cake and a strawberry earthquake cake. The chocolate cake has a nut and coconut base, cream cheese filling, and a moist chocolate top and bottom. The strawberry cake has fresh strawberries in the cream cheese filling and a white cake mix with coconut at the bottom. The person also plans to experiment with making the cake in the microwave and will share the recipe if successful. The recipes were eventually shared, along with variations using different flavors and toppings. Many people expressed excitement to try the recipes.
Alanna1
Hi ! I bake for the American Legion in my town and I bake a wonderful chocolate cake called " Chocolate Earthquake Cake". I also do a strawberry one. It's a chocolate cake with a nut and coconut base, cream cheeese filling and a moist chocolate at the botoom and top of the 9x 13 stone. The strawberry one I put fresh strawberries in the cream cheese filling with a white cake mix substituted for the chocolate cake and only coconut at the bottom of the cake. I just got my DCB and I'm going to experiment with this recipe in the microwave. If I can do it in the microwave I'll let you know. this cake is so good baked in the 9x13 stone, tastes like a homemade cake!:chef:

Oh please let us know how it turns out. Either way, would you be willing to post the recipe? :D

Ohhhhhh. Please post the recipes...especially the Strawberry one (allergic to chocolate). It sounds so good.Yum!!! Though, maybe i can sub white chocolate in for the regular chocolate???

I'll dig the cookbook and post both of these recipes. Now with the strawberry one I use Duncan Hines and I use milk instead of water and the whole eggs. It's more like a homemade cake instead of a box. That's what I do when I did wedding cakes.

Happy Easter! Here's the recipe! Please try and let me know how you all like it !

Chocolate Earthquake Cake 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts 2 cups coconut 1 18 0z. chocolate cake mix 1 8oz. soft cream cheese 1 stick melted butter 4 cups powdered sugar Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 by 13 well. Spread pecans on bottom of 9x 13 baking stone. Sprinkle the coconut on top. Prepare chocolate cake mix according to directions and set aside. Beat together cream cheese, butter, and powered sugar, add a little vanilla. Pour 1/2 of cake mix on top of nut mixture. Pour all of cream cheese mixture on top, don't put too close to edge. Pour rest of cake mix on top. Can add chocolate chips on top also. Bake for 1 hour check middle. Strawberry Earthquake Cake Make white cake mix but I substitute milk for water and add whole eggs instead of white and add the oil if the box calls for it. Also a little almond extract and vanilla I add. Set aside. Strawberry Filling: Mix together 1 cup crushed strawberries, 1 1/4 cup powered sugar, 1 8 oz. cream cheese soft`. Grease 9 by 13 b. stone . Sprinkle with 1 cup coconut. Pour 1/2 of cake mix over it. Pour strawberry filling on top, keeping the mixture away from edges a little. pour rest of white batter over it. Bake 1 hour. Cool. When I serve this I top with some fresh crushed strawberries on top and a dallop of whipped cream. Variation of Chocolate Earthquake is with almond cake, white chips and macadamia nuts. I've never tryed this. The strawberry version looks like a fancy version of strawberry shortcake and is delicious! GEt ready for a ton of compliments. Enjoy!

Sounds delish! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for sharing it! It sounds so good, I can't wait to try it! :)

Your welcome! I hope it turns out good for you!

1. What is an Earthquake Cake?

An Earthquake Cake is a delicious dessert that gets its name from the unique appearance it has after baking. It is made by layering chocolate cake batter, cream cheese, and coconut and pecan mixture, and then swirling it together to create a marbled effect.

2. How did the Earthquake Cake get its name?

The Earthquake Cake got its name because of its cracked and uneven appearance, which resembles the aftermath of an earthquake. It has been a popular dessert since the 1970s and has gained popularity due to its unique look and delicious taste.

3. Is it difficult to make an Earthquake Cake?

No, making an Earthquake Cake is actually quite simple. It only requires a few ingredients and basic baking skills. Our Pampered Chef Earthquake Cake pan makes it even easier to create this impressive dessert.

4. Can I customize the Earthquake Cake recipe?

Yes, you can definitely customize the Earthquake Cake recipe to suit your preferences. You can add different types of nuts, use a different flavor of cake mix, or even add in some chocolate chips for an extra indulgent treat.

5. Can I make an Earthquake Cake in advance?

Yes, an Earthquake Cake can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just be sure to cover it well to prevent it from drying out. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months if you want to make it even further in advance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Aun
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Aun
  • ccrcata
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mary Ann
  • chefkeri