• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Had Bad Luck With May Host Specials?

In summary, some consultants have had a hard time getting their hosts interested in the May host specials and have had to find alternative ways to sell them, such as using them as gifts or promoting them in future parties. However, some consultants have had success with the host specials as an extra incentive for hosts to book parties or reach certain sales levels. It seems that the pink bowls have been the most popular host special, but other items have also been purchased. Some consultants have even come up with their own host specials to offer. Overall, the success of the host specials seems to vary among consultants and it may not be a deciding factor for most hosts when booking a party. Some consultants have also used the Host Specials as a way to promote the business
clshirk
I'm just curious- but I have had a hard time with my hosts being interested in the May host specials. I took advantage of 1 that a host didn't want and bought the platter, but I'd say it seems that I'm about 50/50 or less on hosts wanting the specials. I even suggest them as gifts or for someone else to buy. No gos. I guess if I ever have a bad month like that again- I'll find out from the host from the start if they don't want them and offer it to a guest. I hate to see the deal go to waste.
Anyone else?

Every host of mine has chosen the pink bowls. I had a past host take a pass, so I'm getting the platter. :)

I see the Host Specials as just an extra... some will, some won't... Sometimes a host will book a show for the special (I have a June 2 show for a couple who really want the steak knives, but didn't want to spend the $$$!!!!) and sometimes the special is not used at all.

I also use the host special as a gift for my $1000 show hosts. When they host a $1000 show, I will purchase them the special (up to $25)

The specials just aren't usually a selling point for my hosts, unless it's a stoneware sale, or cookware sale.....

INteresting. In my 'look book' I threw together, I posted the specials for the coming months to help people decide on a month to host a show- it's my way of creating an incentive for them to host a show- and to decide when. It's worked so far- but May really has been a bummer for that- although I don't benefit much from it, I just wish that they were things they liked for the host's benefit.

I haven't had any interest in the May host specials, but used the HWC campaign to promote May instead.

You could create your own host special if you'd like.

my mil had a show this month, but she didn't want either so I offered them to a friend who loves pink stuff! she jumped right on it! this is the first month I haven't had anyone want anything, and it was just one show. I did a HWC fundraiser that is all I had this month. :( but my june is looking good! :p

I have had great responses. Of course, I have begun to paint specific word pictures for products I want to highlight. Like, for the platter, you can use dry erase markers on it. I hold it up and run my finger across the top while saying that you can put "Happy Birthday" and the name on the bottom, turn it so it is standing up and you can place a bow on top and write the menu. You can even use it as a meat and/or cheese tray and write what each is.

I had 2 hostess and 2 past hostess purchase them one was a MK consultnat and she wanted the bowls the others were the platters but I havent sold any of the guest specials.

None of my 3 May hosts have purchased the special but did buy the HwC products. I don't consider it bad luck. Since I get no commission on their purchase of the host special, I don't care if they choose to buy it or not. I would feel bad if people refused to book over that, but I don't think that is generally the deciding factor for most hosts.

Actually, it was good luck for you since you got to buy something you wanted for 60% off!:)

I have not sold much pink at all. The host have not liked the pink either. Most of them have wanted to keep collecting orders and turn it into a June show b/c they do not like the May Special. Works great for me though b/c I want more sales for SellaThon anyway!

Well now that the month is almost over...Not one of my hosts really actually did a party just because of the host specials. The platter attracted one host. The other 5 did it for various other reasons. Many friends or family surviors or, well, the other is depressing, was the main reason.
I have to tell you all a story though. Quite funny even if you are a guy!
I was showing people the Small Bowls and Caddy in Pink at my first party of May 2007. (Actually done in April. We were splitting the show between two people. One as an April party and the offering pink stuff to be put in a May Fundraiser. Which hit $500 by the way!) I told them why they were pink. I also told them that was why our host was having this party. Not becasue she wanted the bowls, but she is a survior. If it had not been for early detection education she got 6 years ago when I did my first Help Whip Cancer show at her home, she would not have caught it. (I had made everyone in the room sign a contract to go have a mamogram in the next 3 months!) It worked. At least for my host.
Anyway, after telling everyone this, one of her friends, purposely to lighten things up, came up to the table, grabbed both bowls and stuck them on her chest. She looked down, got a quizzical look on her face and simply said, "I don't see how this can help. They're too square for me." Well the entire room just howled. The host ended up getting the Pink Small Bowls as a gift for that friend as she already had the platter from an early party. Too funny!

That is hilarious John!

My MIL did a show earlier in the month, and got the pink bowls and caddy - she loves the pink bowls! She's going to buy another one at a show later this month that was booked from hers, then give it to her mother as a gift. (she loved them as well) But I still haven't had anyone interested in the platter.

I couldn't get a show in May! :eek: :(
June is shaping up nicely, but all I can muster up for May is some straggly orders. Also not much interest in the HWC items this year.:mad:
I will buy a few & use them for gifts.

For those who aren't getting takers for the guest specials:

The May CN gives the suggestion of making a new baby gift: Combine the mini-measure all and the pink scraper in a basket with some baby food and a few other little things like a bib, baby spoon... I suggest using a medium square as the "basket" and adding a mini-whip and measure mix & pour to the mini measure all and pink scraper. One of my downline is going to use this for her 2 relatives due with girls at mother's day next year.

The host bowls are perfect for any survivors of course but they are also great for a little girl's room to keep various treasures in (or anyone who likes pink for that matter).

Nobody took the pink bowls ... 3 took platter ... one took nothing. I understand the importance of pink in May but for some hosts the color just isn't theirs so I was glad to see the platter included this month. The pink poka dotted plates/cups last year were adorable but for many not functionable. I was glad to see the 3 guest specials.

The one thing I kept hearing at shows, and from hosts was: "But what is the guest special"? It was nice to have the 3 pink products as an exclusive offer, but people are used to, and expect, a guest special. There was no incentive to go from $55 to $60 for a free product, or any type of discount on a certain line, and many guests were disappointed.

I had no hosts take the host special so far, but do have one catalog show out that may well order the pink bowls - I ordered 2 white platters. I'm going to carry one with me to my shows. I want to find a couple of stands to accomodate them then write on them with dry erase markers - at shows it may be Welcome to Your Night of Pampered Cooking or some such thing. I also sold one set of pink bowls to another friend (now a new recruit!) because her kitchen is pink and she is ALWAYS on the lookout for pink stuff.

As to the Guest Special, I sold several of the pink items. I think it is because of how I marketed them. That nylon knife if a MUST HAVE for anyone with children! Kiddos can cut with it and save their little fingers. Also if you like to cut up your lettuce - won't turn it brown! And, of course, if you use non-stick cookware. The mini measure all was also a hot item since it measures tablespoons. And those spatulas - well - anyone who ever has to dig mayo out of the jar just has to have one of those! Plus I used it to spread the cool whip on the cake I made at the shows. And, btw, $1.00 of each item purchased goes to help fight breast cancer...

I'm just hoping that a couple of June hosts don't want their special - I need a set of those steak knives for an incentive for my first 90 days -- have a $500 show during said time period, name goes in a drawing. I'd hate to have to pay more for them, or use PC$.

1. What are the current host specials for the month?

The current host specials for the month can be found on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant. These specials may vary depending on your location and the time of year.

2. How can I qualify for the host specials?

To qualify for the host specials, you must host a Pampered Chef party with a minimum of $200 in sales and at least one booking for a future party. Your consultant can help you plan and host a successful party to meet these requirements.

3. Are the host specials only for in-home parties?

No, the host specials are available for both in-home parties and virtual parties. Our consultants are equipped to help you host a virtual party through video conferencing platforms to still earn the host specials.

4. Can I combine the host specials with other promotions or discounts?

No, the host specials cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, you can still earn free and discounted products through our host rewards program when hosting a party.

5. What happens if I have bad luck with the host specials?

We want all of our customers and hosts to be completely satisfied with their Pampered Chef experience. If for any reason you are not happy with your host specials, please reach out to your consultant or our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephaniekocala
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
melheather
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies