• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Country Style Pork Ribs in the DCB

In summary, the host tried to cook country style pork ribs in the DCB in the microwave, but wasn't sure if the machine would fit and was worried about how the food would turn out. The host found a crock pot recipe that they liked better.
shelly.nurse
...tried to cook country style pork ribs in the DCB in the microwave?

I know there is a recipe for regular ribs, but was wondering if anyone ever tried the country style ribs. I have the boneless ones. I usually simmer them on the stove for a couple of hours or until tender, then take them out of the water, pour BBQ sauce all over them and bake them.

I thought about putting them in the DCB with the water and seasonings at 50% power for 30 minutes to start, then pouring off the water, putting the BBQ sauce over all and then cooking on full power for about 10 minutes. What do you think?

TIA for any ideas.

I haven't tried cooking them in the DCB, but I do have a good crock pot recipe. And now that you have made me think about it, I may try it in the DCB.
In the crock pot, place country style ribs and add small red potatoes and carrots; salt, pepper, season to taste. Pour one can or jar of sourkraut (did I spell that correctly?) - do not drain - on top of meat and potatoes.
I'm not exactly sure how long you should cook it, but when I have made it, I put it in the crock pot in the morning and leave it on low all day, until we are ready to eat dinner that evening.
This didn't sound good to me when I was first told about it because I couldn't imagine the kraut, but it is really good.

DCB question - I have a small micro - so I have never used my DCB in the micro and I'm not sure what to tell hosts if we were to do a recipe in their micro. I'd die if I got there and it doesn't fit? I thought I saw something somewhere that said the micro should be at least ? in measurements. Also, do any of you use it in the oven for all the same recipes that are out there for the micro and if so what do you set your oven to?

I found it in the 30 minute chicken show tips. The interior of the microwave needs to be at least 13 deep by 13 wide by 9 high. Hope this helps. I just ask my hosts during my host coaching to make sure their microwave is big enough. I have only done two shows with a DCB dish in the microwave, unless you call taking it to work and cooking my department lunch in it a show. I had one host who went out and bought a new microwave after I brought the DCB to work and made the 30 minute chicken, because she wanted to earn the DCB (she ended up getting the set with the two mitts at 1/2 price). Granted, she had had her microwave since college (at least 10 years, and I think she got it used from her parents).

Hello there! I have not personally tried cooking country style pork ribs in the DCB, but it sounds like a great idea! The DCB is perfect for cooking meats to tender perfection in a fraction of the time. I would suggest following the same steps as you would for regular ribs, but adjusting the cooking time accordingly for the boneless ribs. Also, don't forget to add some liquid smoke for that extra smoky flavor. Let us know how it turns out! Happy cooking!

1. How do I prepare the DCB for cooking country style pork ribs?

To prepare the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for cooking country style pork ribs, you will need to first preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, spray the inside of the DCB with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent the ribs from sticking to the bottom of the baker.

2. Do I need to marinate the pork ribs before cooking them in the DCB?

While marinating the pork ribs is not necessary, it can add extra flavor to your dish. You can marinate the ribs in your favorite marinade for 1-2 hours before cooking. Alternatively, you can season the ribs with your desired spices before cooking for added flavor.

3. How long do I cook the country style pork ribs in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the ribs. In general, it will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to cook country style pork ribs in the DCB. You can check for doneness by using a meat thermometer - the internal temperature should reach 145°F.

4. What temperature do I set the oven to when cooking pork ribs in the DCB?

The oven should be preheated to 350°F for cooking country style pork ribs in the DCB. This will ensure that the ribs cook evenly and reach a safe internal temperature.

5. Can I use BBQ sauce on the country style pork ribs while cooking in the DCB?

Yes, you can use BBQ sauce on the pork ribs while cooking in the DCB. Simply brush your desired amount of BBQ sauce onto the ribs during the last 15 minutes of cooking. This will give them a nice glaze and add extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • iteachncook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
  • laylaleigh