• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Else Run Into This Problem?

In summary, the consultant feels that if she had been delegated the task of sending out invitations, more people would have come to the show and the host who booked the show in May is not allowing her to do so. The consultant is trying to explain this to the host but feels that she is afraid to be pushy. The consultant suggests sending out mini catalogs to whet appetites of guests and providing reminder calls.
MrsNetNut404
As a new consultant I haven't done a whole lot of shows. Just a handful in fact. But every single host, refuses to let me take care of the invitations for them. I am sure this is the reason for the poor results for my most recent show. She sent out 44 invitations with 8 yeses, but only 5 showed up. I would like to believe that if she had delegated that responsibility to me, more people would have come resulting in higher sales total. And what is worse is that the host that booked a show in May is also not allowing me to send out invitations for her! ARRRRGGGGGHHH! :mad: She just thinks I am trying to be nice. I have tried to explain that this is a free service I offer to my hosts to help may her show as stress free and as much fun as possible. How do I explain to her that she will have a better turn out and greater sales than if she does it herself, without being pushy? I get the feeling that the reason no one wants to give me that info is because they are afraid I am going to spam them. I have already had this happen with a catalog show a friend did in January. When I asked for the info, she said no one wants to give it. But what people don't realize is if something happens that is outside of their or my control, I have no way to contact them. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I too like to send invitations. However, I wonder if your host followed up with her invitations she did send. Having invited 44 people, she should have had about 12-15 people in attendance. Also, how did she invite? Research shows that the more ways a person is invited/reminded, the more likely they are to remember and to attend. So, did she only email? Only mail? Only facebook? Only text? Only call? All of those are great avenues for inviting but the more that are done, even to the same person, the better. So, if your hosts are insisting on sending invitations themselves, then get more details about how, when, and why. Then make sure the call 2-3 days before to remind!

If she won't let you send out the invites tell her the other service you would like to provide is to do the reminder calls. The reminder calls are as important as the invitation, as everyone gets busy and forgets! Who hasn't looked on their fridge and slapped their forehead when they realized they missed something!!! Tell her it is much more time efficient for you to do them as you don't know them and if she does the calls, it will take her quite some time as she will feel obligated to chit/chat. You on the other hand will be able to say if they can't make it, would you like to place an outside order etc. The host almost never asks!!!

Either she sends them out with your coaching (post card PLUS reminder call or email PLUS reminder call) or you send them out. Explain you would send out mini catalogs to whet appetites of guests, and explain that the top PC hosts allow their consultants to accomplish this for them.

There may not be much you can do at this point for this particular host. In the future I would not give them an option. Tell them WHEN they get the guest info to you by XX date, they will get XX incentive. They should be more inclined to submit them to you.

I don't use invitations at all! My hosts get e-invites from my site, but my explicit directions are to CALL and invite her guests. My show average is close to $1000 with lots of bookings and recruiting. The postcard or mini catalog isn't what makes people come to the show...it's the phone call from their friend inviting them over.

I agree. The follow up is more important than the invitation. I would also explain that its your BUSINESS. People don't always realize that. They think we do this for fun and free products. While that is true, its also how I support my family. I explain that its my business and my goal is to get them the most free products possible and I have a proven strategy. Go over the host's goals. If all she wants is a free chopper, then all she needs is 5 people. And, if you know her goals, you know how hard to work. Of course, we want every show to be $1000, but sometimes we just have to accept what the reality is and concentrate on the more positive experiences. And sometimes, no matter what you do, its Back to School night at the school and no one with kids in school comes. I always ask if there are a lot of people invited who have kids in school, if there are any major events (4H Fairs, etc) happening. It seems like I am curious about the guests, and I am, but more importantly, I want the host to have a good show.

At spring Launch one of the presenters said that young people today don't have their friend's physical addresses, that texts, emails and facebook are the way they communicate. To insist they give you 40 addresses means they have to google or somehow look up all those addresses and may be a show date buster! I have a co-worker that has done two shows for me one was over $1600 and the other we turned in as 2 shows, one of which was over $1,000 and she didn't send a single invitation by mail. I am NOT saying not to ask to send the invitations but sometimes it is best to ask the host what the best way to communicate with her friends is, people are not using Facebook as much as they used to so just sending Facebook events is not a good idea either. And I agree some sort of follow up, phone call, txt, (whatever works) for reminders is necessary.

I agree, I am having an increasing number of hosts that just invite thru
Facebook or Evite. I leave it up to them.

PUNT! I do the same thing as all the above. I offer it, most do not take it, most have good to moderate turn outs. when I do get to do the invites, I get great results. The MINI is the trick. BUT, like every other aspect of your hosts show, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. (I wish sometimes we could simply push them in!) The main issue here is that everyone knows better than we do and well, you will never overcome that. You could say something like, "Well, I am like your mechanic. You take your car to the person who specializes in fixing your car. You would not take your car to the dentist, right? My specialty is in Pampered Chef parties and I too know how to get the job done for you."HI AJ!!

You guys are so wonderful!! Thank you all for your great insight! I think I am going to have to do like Jen said, and not give them an option. I have to learn to be more assertive. But that's why I am loving Pampered Chef more and more. It is forcing me to grow and change in ways I didn't know I needed to.

for my first show I did the invites and still had poor results and the sales weren't great. I chalked it up to my first show. I feel sending the invites out for the host is alot of work for me. I have a full time and a part time job and now PC and the less I have to do the better for me. I think the follow up with the host was the issue. She is busy with her kids & a day care business and didn't make or find the time to call everyone the days before her show. You can tell them all you want to follow up but you can't make them. She also feels like she is being "pushy" to that is an issue. I don't have the time to call everyone back nor do I feel comfortable reaching out to them. Heck, getting everyone's information is yet another issue.My second show was a catalog show and the host did a terrible job! She didn't use the invite I sent her - just sent out a quick email to about 6 people and that was that! You should have seen the way the outside orders she managed to get were turned in to me. I had no idea who's were who's! I had given her order forms but she wrote it all up on one. ugh!I am finding that being a consultant is a lot of work. Way more work that I thought it would be. it is not just a matter of the cooking shows it is everything that goes along with it and am not sure this is for me. And the things you need to get printed Where does it end! While I love all things PC I am not sure I am long for this business.Anyone else ever feel like this?

1. What should I do if my product arrived damaged?

If your product arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team at [insert contact information] with your order number and a photo of the damaged item. We apologize for any inconvenience and will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

2. Can I exchange a product that I received as a gift?

Yes, you can exchange a product that was received as a gift within 30 days of the purchase date. Please contact our customer service team at [insert contact information] for assistance with the exchange process.

3. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please contact our customer service team at [insert contact information] for assistance with returns.

4. How can I track my order?

You can track your order by logging into your account on our website and clicking on "Order History". From there, you can view the status of your order and track the shipment. You will also receive an email with tracking information once your order has been shipped.

5. Can I cancel or make changes to my order after it has been placed?

If you need to make changes or cancel your order, please contact our customer service team at [insert contact information] as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please note that orders are processed and shipped quickly so we cannot guarantee changes can be made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies