1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Has anyone done a pick up party?

1. soonerchef

soonerchef Veteran Member

Just curious to know if anyone has done a Pick Up Party in addition to their regular show? I have thought about doing this but wondered if it really added any sales or bookings? I worry about having guest out twice to the host home, but I guess they have to get their products somehow right?

(I guess I should explain what a Pick Up Party is to those who haven't heard of it before. Basically, the host would invite all of the buying guests at the same time to her house to pick up their products on a specific date. Then everyone will get to see who got what, the last thing to happen is everyone gets to see all of the products that the host got for free, then half off and then at a discount.)

Feb 27, 2006
  2. sweet

sweet Member

Just wondering what the benifice would be for you, since the people just got there product I don't think they will want to buy more right away. And as for your host, the show is already close so she wont get anything if someone comes up and want to book a show.

Feb 27, 2006
  3. soonerchef

soonerchef Veteran Member

Well, from what I have heard...when guests see what everyone else bought, plus see what the host earned for free, etc...it is supposed to entice them to want to book a show or to place an additional order. I think it would really be a booking tool and that only those who were playing with the idea of hosting a show would book from it, as in it would kind of push those "maybes" to a "yes". I have heard that it has worked well for some and not so well for others.

Feb 27, 2006
Have something to add?