1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Has anyone been using this service and how is it working for you????

1. KARYN

KARYN Novice Member

Has anyone been using this service and how is it working for you????

Nov 11, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Re: Phonevite

I used it for awhile and it was fine. I stopped using it when I had ALOT of post calls to send out and this will only let you do so many free ones a month. So, unless you have quite a few shows to send out it works fine. OR... use it until it won't let you anymore then go to the paid ones.. That is what I did :)

Nov 11, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Anyone else tried this one? I'm considering using one fo these types of services to do reminder calls for my Recipe Tasting/Mystery Host Show. I can't possibly do all the reminder calls myself, and I want to make sure I reach out to as many people as I can.

Nov 16, 2009
  4. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

I have used postcalls in the past. I will start using Phonevite with the next show to try out. I like the phonevite part of they can RSVP directly with the message. Kinda like they press 1 for yes they are coming, press 2 for no, etc.

Nov 16, 2009
  5. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Ok, so I tried this with reminder calls for my Holiday Recipe Tasting tomorrow. Because I wanted to include pretty much everyone, there was no way I could possibly make all of the phone calls myself. I uploaded 400 contacts, the system removed duplicates so there were 338. I had loaded $20 into the system which gave me 500 calls, and making these calls cost me $11.36.

I recorded my message the other night and scheduled it to go out at 12:30 today. 284 of the calls actually went through, so I only paid for those. It shows me which calls had No Response, Invalid numbers and which were busy. It shows how long the duration of the call was, which is interesting, because you can pretty much tell who hung up based on the length of the message vs. the length of the call. About 40 people listened to about half of the message, about 30 listened to more than half but not quite all of it (which means they never got to the RSVP part. The calls that are longer than the message, there's no way of telling if it went to a voicemail or if the person picked up.

I had set the system to call me as well because it was recommended. I did not hear my own message, only the part at the end about pressing 1, 2 or 3 to respond. DH listened to the message on his phone and he hear the whole thing. I did have several people call my cell phone as soon as the message went out, and a couple of people through out the day (including the host that ditched me a few months ago, and the gal whose CC never went through and hangs up on me when I call), but no one left a message, and I couldn't pick up because I was at work.

I only got one RSVP from the calls. Most likely due to the time of day, most people were not at home. I also decided to do this fairly at the last minute, and did not have time to go through my exported contacts with a fine tooth comb. I have to do some editing and auditing of my contacts, and when I do, I need to decide what number I want to be the primary contact number. I thought I'd had multiple numbers for some people (like a cell and a work number) but it appears that Phonevite just picked one number per person. Next time I'd want to make sure the number used is the best number for that contact.

Nov 18, 2009
  6. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

Thanks for the info Noora. I'm going to try it for my Holiday Shopping event on the 29th.

Nov 19, 2009
Have something to add?