1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Harry Potter fans anyone?

1. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

I just saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. WOW it was great. DS and I watched the first Harry Potter movie a short while ago (for the millionth time) and it's so great to see that after 6 movies, the characters are still well-cast and well-played, the special effects are spectacular without being overly so, and that the story is still compelling.

Great great addition to the series - enjoy!

Jul 15, 2009
  2. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

WaHoo!!! Glad to hear it's so great. We have tickets for Saturday...can't wait!

Jul 15, 2009
  3. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Is it ok for 10 yr. to see??? Sometimes as series go on the "sex it up" (as my grandma would say, lol.

Thanks,

Lisa

Jul 15, 2009
  4. Kodeysmom

Kodeysmom Advanced Member Gold Member

Definitely!! I usually take my cousin on a "date" whenever the next movie comes out. (He's 20 now). But haven't had time this week and we are going on vacation next week. So hopefully when I get back. He may have already gone by then but I am sure he will go again. When we went and saw Harry Potter in '04 i was 7 months pregnant and he was 15 and was so nervous that I was going to go into labor during the movie!! Memories.

Jul 16, 2009
  5. susanr613

Lisa, there's some kissing in it but that's about it. I think it's ok for a 10-year old who has seen other HP movies.

Jul 16, 2009
  6. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I just heard that it made 22.2 million dollars from Midnight showings on the 15th. We are going in a couple of week's when my oldest DS comes home for the summer.

Jul 16, 2009
  7. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I have yet to see it but my friends son who is 10 went and saw it and he said there was only 1 part in there that kind of scared him. It was when they were in the lake.

Jul 16, 2009
  8. iteachurkid

iteachurkid Member Silver Member

Yeah, I'm 29 and that part kind of scared me a little. Super good movie! I felt like it strayed from the book more than the others had, but was still awesome. I can't wait for November 2010 when the first part of the 7th movie comes out. I'm really hoping that before the second part comes out that some movie theater will do an all day showing of all the movies (and part 2 playing at midnight)...I think it would be lots of fun (yet very long :))

Jul 16, 2009
  9. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Veteran Member Gold Member

My kids and I are having a HP fest tomorrow! We are going to watch all five of the movies. Plus we are making the following Wizard goodies....Pumpkin Juice, Magic Wands, butterbeer, chocolate frogs and cauldron cakes. YUMMO!!

We are planning on going on Monday to see the latest installment!

10. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I can't wait to see it!!

Jul 16, 2009
  11. susanr613

Erica great minds think alike - DS and I are going to have a Potter-thon on New Year's Eve. He is in charge of calculating how early we have to start watching to accomodate bathroom and dog walking breaks.

We had a Lord of the Rings marathon 2 years ago and it was so much fun!

Jul 16, 2009
  12. cewcooks

cewcooks Advanced Member

My hubby and I have plans to see it this Sat in IMAX 3-d I am soooo excited!

Jul 16, 2009
  13. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I don't know why this thread is here ... but I loved the books and am liking the movies too!

I haven't seen the latest movie just yet. I don't like to watch movies alone. I'll either see it with my roomate who is out of town or my friend whose husband is a Harry hater.

14. susanr613

Believe me Di there have been stranger threads in the "lounge" I was just so thrilled with the movie I had to share :)

Jul 16, 2009
  15. susanr613

Oh now I see what you mean - OK so I was a little tired so I clicked the wrong thread

Jul 16, 2009
  16. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I thought somebody was selling the books! LOL!

Have something to add?