• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Living By the Skin of Our Teeth: Stress of Financial Woes

In summary, if you are struggling financially, you should check out Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace program. It might be something that can help you out.
pchefinski
AHHHHHHHH! I'm starting to stress a little. Okay a little more than a little. We racked up $2k on our credit card - some of it was spoiling ourselves but most was emergency crap like the massive bill for fixing our car a couple months back. I tried moving our budget around in an attempt to pay extra each month and get it paid off, but I was a little over-zealous and quite dreamingly unrealistic, and reality has hit - hard. Currently, I'm waiting til February so I can re-sign under a new director whom I work very well with. I also am waiting b'c I need a new kit, as I've lost mine due to breakage (2 items) and the accidental donation of a huge majority of the rest of it to the city mission by my FIL. Needless to say, I have just a handful of PC products left, the majority of them things I had before I joined as a consultant. We could definitely use supplemental income -- I can't stand living by the skin of our teeth! :cry: I know I'm just stressing out.. I'm trying to hold out til February b'c if I can just restart and get a good first 90 days in, I'll get some PC $ to use for supplies, and it won't have to come out of my pocket. I just wish I could restart NOW instead of waiting til February. (not that I have the money for my kit! LOL) Ahhhhhhhhhh a (stressed out) girl can dream right?!? :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear what you are going through!!! Could your new recruiter come and do a show for you and you could take the kit credit? It stays good for something like 6 months after the show.

Hey there. I just wanted to let you know that you can get out of debt. My husband and I are in the process and it seems to be working. We are doing a Monday night study at our church by Dave Ramsey called Financial Peace. It's a 13 week video series teaching you how to get out of debt and gain money. Dave says it like this, it's not a thing you gain over night, it's like a slow cooker, it takes time. He has certain steps to take. Just to mention a few, the first step is to gain an emergency fund of $1000.00 to have in savings for an actual emergency, ie. your car breaks down, you have an accident, the dog has to have emergency surgery, not a sale at Belks on shoes. The second step he has is a thing called debt snowball. You write down all your debt, smallest to largest to get it paid off as quickly as possible. There is a lot of great info in that kit. It includes a workbook, the cd's of his meetings, and an envelope system that teaches you to be more disciplined with your $. I am a spender. It has made me become more disciplined. For example, you have to determine how much you can alot for food each payday and stick to it. If you run out of money, you can't go back so you have to make the most of what you've got. I know we are bad about going out to eat, and with this, we still do, but only if it's in our budget. If I go to the store and buy stuff to cook, I have to discipline myself too cook it. I have started making an menu and sticking to it. I do write in the days that we are going to eat out so we alot a certain amount for those. I hope this helps. I know how you feel. I have been struggling financially since January. I have been staying home with our 16 month old and it's really hard to just stay home and sit here looking at the walls. With the Financial Peace, I actually have a certain amount aloted to my son and I for fun money. We use this money to go to Mcd's or to get ice cream and special treats over the 2 weeks between payday. But once our fun money is gone, we don't do anything that is going to put us in the hole. Also, my husband has locked up our credit cards. We don't get them out. They are trouble. We were using them to get gas and grocerys because we weren't spending our money wisely. We have been a whole month without them and I know that I feel so much better about our finances just to know that we haven't accrued anymore debt. I really hope this helps give you hope. Hang in there I have faith that this is going to work for us and have seen it work in several of my friend's lifes. Good luck to you.

What are some common signs of financial stress?

Some common signs of financial stress include feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or irritable about money, having trouble sleeping or concentrating, and experiencing physical symptoms like headaches or stomachaches.

How can I manage my financial stress?

There are several ways to manage financial stress, including creating a budget, seeking financial counseling or therapy, and finding healthy ways to cope with stress like exercise or talking to a friend or family member.

What are some tips for dealing with debt?

Some tips for dealing with debt include creating a repayment plan, negotiating with creditors for lower interest rates or payment plans, and seeking professional help from a financial advisor or debt consolidation service.

How can I communicate with my partner about financial stress?

Open and honest communication is key when dealing with financial stress in a relationship. You and your partner should discuss your financial goals, create a joint budget, and find ways to support each other during difficult times.

What are some resources for managing financial stress?

There are many resources available for managing financial stress, such as financial education websites, support groups, and online tools for budgeting and tracking expenses. You can also seek help from a financial advisor or therapist for personalized assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
chefjeanine