• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Book Parties? Tips and Tricks for New PC Sellers

In summary, Tammy Stanley's FRANK method was very successful in getting someone to book a show. The person had no prior experience booking shows, but after using the method they were able to book a show.
timbimac
I started selling PC in November and having such a hard time getting bookings, even with friends and family!

I'd love to do the 3 calls a day but I just don't have that many numbers!

I'm really starting to get frustrated and want to get some shows on the go! I've even offered, in addition to the host special for January of 50% more free products, an additional $50 product of their choice (from my own pocket)! I figured it would be a good price to pay if I can meet some people at the shows for more bookings! But still no bites!

Any suggestions on how to get some bookings?

Have you done your list of 100? That's a great place to start. Let everyone you know know that you're now a PC Consultant. Don't beg for bookings, but do let people know that you are looking to add catalog and cooking shows to your calendar.

Have you qualified? Did you get any bookings from your shows? Those contacts are another good place to start.

BTW, you might want to think really carefully before offering a $50 item for booking. That can set a difficult precedent.

What are you saying when asking for bookings? What are you getting as a response? How are you responding to the concern the Host most likely has?

I've found that even if I have a million names to call, if I don't ask the right way, or can't address their concern, no one is going to book. I feel I've learned a lot from Tammy Stanley, and it's changed how I look at objections.

Also, try the Online Training courses.

How did you offer the extra $50? Did you just announce it? The other thing is that no matter how good a deal often is, if you don't ask directly, then most potential hosts won't tell you they want to book.

timbimac said:
I started selling PC in November and having such a hard time getting bookings, even with friends and family!

I'd love to do the 3 calls a day but I just don't have that many numbers!

I'm really starting to get frustrated and want to get some shows on the go! I've even offered, in addition to the host special for January of 50% more free products, an additional $50 product of their choice (from my own pocket)! I figured it would be a good price to pay if I can meet some people at the shows for more bookings! But still no bites!

Any suggestions on how to get some bookings?

I was much like you when I started in that I had a hard time booking. I am terrible asking people to book at a show. But I have had some success of late with FRANK that I read here. At my shows by using the FRANK method that someone shared I have at my last party had two people book a party and both actually approached me to book. I did not ask them. So I am a firm believer in it. I am sure someone would be better at explaining it then me but the jist of it is that you give each person a piece of colored paper at the party and pass around calendars...... tell them to pick out three days within the next two weeks that they have 2-3 hours of free time.

Turn paper over and write down the paper the word FRANK. the F stands for Friends and list five friends, then R stands for Five Relatives, A for five Work Aquaintances, N for five Neighbors and K for five Kids Acquaintes( people that are part of your kids lives) after your done with this. It takes about 5-7 minutes I say something like. " How many names did you come up with( go around the room) then I say : You can imagine how Suzy felt when she was sitting and trying to invite her people to her party, we recommend you invite 40 people and in 5-7 minutes you came up with 20 or whatever names and your half way there. You would be so close to having a party and having the same fun we are having here tonight. Plus Suzy would be so appreciative becuase she would be able to get a host gift at your party." I then use my booking slide to go over the benefits of hosting a party. I do not again talk about hosting other then at the end reminding people that I am available to discuss if they are interesting in booking.

Love it, Bill! FRANK will be at my next show along with my booking slide.

At my Saturday show I had a guest shout out in the middle of the show that she wanted to book a show! She went home with a February 20th show date, her host packet and guest list to fill out. She was excited that I mail the invitations and make the reminder calls. Imagine if I had of used FRANK.

Wow! What a great idea. And non-pressure either! Now if I could just get some flipping bookings first. LMAO!!!

I, too, am having a hard time getting people to book. Two nights ago, I sent out I sent out 150 private messages to some contacts of mine, just people that I know that are Facebook contacts. Those ALONE. LOL! I heard back and all of them were "not right now's, but I will definitely keep you in mind". One is pregnant and flat on her back right now. LOL!! A couple more were just "not right now's". A few more I'm just working on. I figure right now, it's only a few weeks just after the holidays. I'm hoping that's all it is!!

Well it has helped me get over my fear of asking because they are coming to me now and telling me they want to have a party. Now I need one for RECRUITING LOL and I will be all set......hmmm if only I had a neat little recruiting TOOL.

I have no kids, but seriously need to get to know FRAN.I wouldn't limit it to work acquaintances. There's church, sports teams, community activities, etc.A presenter at national conference said one year, concerning the list of 100, "If it's good enough for Doris, it's good enough for me."

What are some tips for someone starting out in the kitchen?

1. Start with simple recipes: Don't feel overwhelmed by trying to make complex dishes right away. Start with simple recipes that use basic techniques and ingredients to build your confidence in the kitchen.

2. Invest in good kitchen tools: Having the right tools can make a big difference in the quality of your cooking. Invest in some basic kitchen essentials like a good set of knives, pots and pans, and utensils.

3. Experiment with flavors: Don't be afraid to try new flavors and ingredients in your cooking. Experimenting with different herbs, spices, and sauces can help you develop your own unique cooking style.

4. Watch cooking tutorials: There are many cooking tutorials available online that can help you learn basic techniques and recipes. Watching a demonstration can be a great way to learn and improve your skills in the kitchen.

5. Practice and be patient: Like any skill, cooking takes practice and patience. Don't get discouraged if your first attempts don't turn out perfectly. Keep trying and learning from your mistakes, and you will eventually become more comfortable and confident in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ponvn591