• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happy Mother's Day! How I'm Celebrating Away from Home | Family, Dinner & Rest

In summary, Karen is a brand new consultant and is feeling confident about her upcoming performances. She is also expecting her ninth child in the near future.
Sheila
Gold Member
I hope each of you have a WONDERFUL day! How's everyone spending their big day?

I'm still 1/2 way around the world from hubby. I spent today with my Mom & took her to dinner. The in-laws took the kids late tonight so I can sleep in tomorrow. I'll get them back for lunch & nap, then we are going to the in-laws for a cookout. The sleeping in is my big present! I've never been able to do that. Hubby didn't recognize '07 as me being a Mom yet since I was "just pregnant" (his words, not mine). 2008-2010 he had to work each Mother's Day so I still had to get up early & be the Mommy just like any other day!!! So this is a BIG deal for me. LOL

Right back atcha!After church The Furry Guy and I will go out to eat and then attend the first birthday party of one of our honorary granddaughters, Annika. I expect our son to give me a call. :cool: Of course, it's also his birthday, so he will probably be celebrating with friends. In the past he's worked his way through the city of Dallas getting free birthday food.

My hubby is in charge of the Stage at Church today, and it's Baby Dedication Sunday. So - he left before I got up this morning. I woke up to my little guy bouncing on top of me. But then he said Happy Mother's Day, and snuggled in next to me for a good snuggle.
They gave me a Mother's Day gift last night. I love my husband and son for believing that Skinny Jeans would look good on me.:love: :rolleyes: :eek: But the shirt and tunic I'll keep.:)

Busy day - not a rest day for this Mama. Making pancakes for the little guy and me, and then off to church....and then to the other side of the state to visit my Mom.

Happy Mother's Day! It's the best job ever!

Last night was Ashley's prom and she got in at 3 so when she and my middle son (he came after work and spent the night) wake up they have promised me a full day of yard work (we have over 2 acres so this is a Blessing to me) & my favorite lunch grilled hotdogs.
Tonight BFF and her husband is bringing over brisket and dinner Life is so much different than when I was married. No 5 star restaurant, fancy jewelry, or being spoiled all day but the kids helping is HUGE to me. They are treasures. Missing my oldest who is in LA.

ೋღ☃ღೋHappy Mother's Day!!
I was able to sleep in until 8:25 which is a real treat for me and now enjoying my first cup of coffee.
Because today is my hubbies birthday as well, the children and their families will be here to celebrate both Mother's Day and his birthday.
A high of 17 degrees celsius, the whole darn family, BBQ supper & cake for dessert ... can't ask for a better day.

I get to spend the whole day being a Mom! My hubby left yesterday morning to go camping in the Boundary Waters with friends (he comes home sometime Wednesday). My two sons wanted me to eat breakfast with them ~ normally I am NOT a breakfast person but I was able to down the dry Fruit Loops they brought me :)Not sure what will happen the rest of the day but hopefully it will be as nice as yesterday!Karen

I'm a brand new consultant so haven't reached self-employed status yet. Unfortunately my J-O-B (standing for "just over broke) has me working today but after a great show last night I'm okay with it. I'm feeling more and more confident with every show I'll be doing PC full time before you know it and I can sit back, make my own schedule and take Mother's Day off when I want to. Have a fabulous day!

Last edited:
My guys (3) all grown men, will be calling today. One in California, (Camp Penalton, Navy) One in Washington State (Ft. Lewis, Army) and One in Afganistan. (Camp Leatherneck, Marine). As you can see, I'm quite a distance from them all.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there and those in waiting (pregnant).

We are expecting grandchild #9 at the end of the month.

Have a great day!

My hubby just brought me and his Mom back from a trip to the state garden fair where he dutifully carried all our plants, flowers, and goodies all over while we shopped. He's fixing brisket for our dinner but is now off playing golf with one of our boys. That gives me my much loved quiet time:indif:

ChefBeckyD said:
... I love my husband and son for believing that Skinny Jeans would look good on me.:love: :rolleyes: :eek: But the shirt and tunic I'll keep.:) ...
Bwahaha! You have me rolling girl!!
Chefgailb said:
My guys (3) all grown men, will be calling today. One in California, (Camp Penalton, Navy) One in Washington State (Ft. Lewis, Army) and One in Afganistan. (Camp Leatherneck, Marine). As you can see, I'm quite a distance from them all.Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there and those in waiting (pregnant).We are expecting grandchild #9 at the end of the month.Have a great day!
Awe big (((hugs))) to you Gail!!!
http://www.flagandbanner.com/f-b-images/dbann812serv3n.jpgAnd congrats on the upcoming birth of grandchild #9! :DLiseit - maybe next year! (((fingers crossed)))Glad to see everyone else is having a pleasant day!!! My plans changed a bit, FIL sent me a text saying they would keep the kids for lunch & nap! WooHoo! I have the whole day off & will head over around 4 for a cookout. :D

I think I got everyonr beat with the sleep, I slept til noon. Kids are at my mom's and coming over tonight for BBQ. I wish each and every one of you a blessed mother's day :0

1. How can I make my mom feel special on Mother's Day while I'm away from home?

One way to make your mom feel special on Mother's Day while you're away is to send her a thoughtful gift or card. You can also plan a video call or send her a heartfelt message expressing your love and appreciation.

2. What are some ideas for a special Mother's Day dinner away from home?

If you're away from home on Mother's Day, consider ordering a special meal for your mom from a local restaurant or arranging for a meal delivery service. You can also plan a virtual cooking class and cook a meal together over video call.

3. How can I celebrate Mother's Day with my family while I'm away?

If you're away from your family on Mother's Day, you can still celebrate with them virtually. Plan a virtual game night, watch a movie together, or have a virtual brunch or dinner. You can also send them a care package filled with goodies and a handwritten note.

4. What are some ways to show my mom I appreciate her on Mother's Day?

Some ways to show your mom you appreciate her on Mother's Day include sending her a bouquet of flowers, creating a custom photo album or framed picture, or writing her a heartfelt letter. You can also send her a gift that aligns with her interests or hobbies, such as a book or cooking utensils.

5. How can I make sure my mom gets the rest she deserves on Mother's Day?

To ensure your mom gets the rest she deserves on Mother's Day, consider arranging for a spa day or massage, hiring a cleaning service for her home, or giving her a day off from any household duties. You can also send her a cozy gift, such as a new robe or slippers, to help her relax and unwind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • GourmetGirl