1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Happy Hour

1. I have a host that is wanting to do a Happy Hour theme for her show. Any ideas of what to do?

Jan 18, 2006
  2. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Sounds like fun

I have never done this, but I have heard of some really good drink recipes with the Quick Stir Pitcher. The Sangria punch is supposed to be really good. I have served just plain margarita (pre-mix) with ice from the QSP. For food, if you are doing that too, I would do something small and yummy like the Bacon Bites or Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels. Both of those recipes are fast and delicious. There is also a dip recipe that is divine...Three Cheese Walnut Spread--tell your host to get the Bistro crackers (multigrain).

Good luck. I'm sure someone on here has done one of these before and will have better suggestions.

Jan 18, 2006
  3. pamperdawn

pamperdawn Member

Make sure you are not the one promoting this idea "as a consultant" but we all know people like to serve great beverages during the shows so here's a good one

Beer Margaritas

2 12oz cans 7-UP
    1 corona
    1 cup tequilla
    1 frozen lime margarita mix or limeade
    **flavors other than lime will not taste good

Mimosas are nice, just add champagne

Jan 18, 2006
  4. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

Cosmopolitans are easy and you can use the measure mix and pour or the quick stir. MM&P use 3 shots of vodka, 11/2 shots of triple sec, use 1/2 of lime with citrus press, and a 1/4 of cup of cran juice. Use little lime wedges as a garnish. I put about 1/4 cup of crushed ice in there to chill. It's a nice presentation. :D

For food I would serve appitizers like the stuff mush in stoneware insperations, very yummy. Pull apart brds good appitizer, and easy to demo. :D

Jan 18, 2006
  5. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Wow

What a great idea!

I have just the crowd of "groupies" that would love this type of show! They are a group of fun-loving gals that have been to many, many, many ;) of my parties! I am so excited to call one of them to offer them the "happy hour" show!

How great! Sometimes our hostesses come up with the greatest ideas! :D

Jan 19, 2006
  6. pamperedalf, I am going to use your cosmopolitan idea. Do you know what the recipe would be for the Quick Stir insead of the MM&P?

Thanks

Feb 2, 2006
  7. pamperedalf

4 cups of vodka
    2 cups of triple sec
    1 1/2 cups of crnberry juice
    2 limes squeezed using citrus press :D

Feb 3, 2006
  8. Thanks you very much!

Feb 3, 2006
  9. pamperedalf

No problem Kim!!! :D

Feb 3, 2006
  10. do u have a invite??

What kind of invite r u using for this show???

11. speedychef

speedychef Veteran Member

Strip & Go Nakeds!

I haven't tried these in the Quick-Stir Pitcher yet, but I'm sure it is the perfect product for this drink! When you hear the ingredients, you will think, "ICK!" but they are yummy. Perhaps a little too yummy! :p

1 can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
    1 canful (from the concentrate) of vodka
    1 can/bottle beer

Feb 19, 2006
Have something to add?