• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happy Birthday to me!

pamperedalf

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2005
Sorry I need to vent and my director is at a show. Today is my b-day and I scheduled an early show. All week I tried to get ahold of this lady and nothing. She finially sent an email this morning saying she is out of town on a family emergency. Normally I would totally understand, but this is the second time she has cancelled, and I know she looks at her caller id before answering, because she avoided me the last time. It just bumms me out because every penny counts right now.
I am doing my student teaching for my teaching credential, so basically I am teaching for free, which really sucks.
Thanks for letting me vent, maybe it was just God saying I need to spend time with my son. Okay enough of my pitty party, thanks again!
Everyone have a beautiful day, it finally stopped raining and snowing here! Yeah!

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Happy Birthday, Amanda!

Enjoy your day with your family! Take some time to make a few calls and get some bookings on your calendar to make up for that show. You were planning on working today anyway - but maybe wait until tomorrow since it is your birthday!

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
Amanda,
Happy Birthday!:D It is kind of a bummer of a birthday, but like Beth said, use a part of today (or maybe tomorrow:p ) to make a few phone calls and make up for this host's cancellation. It's NOT fun when this happens, especially on your birthday. It does happen to all of us though! Have a great day anyway!!:D

pamperedalf

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2005
Thanks for your support!!!!

I knew I could count on you all for support. Thank God for this site, I love it!

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
Happy Birthday!

Here's a trick I use when I think someone is watching the caller ID and avoiding my calls. I usually almost always call customers from my home phone. If I think they are avoid my calls I do one of 2 things. I sometimes call from my cell phone because they don't recognize the number they sometimes answer. Otherwise I *67 and it blocks my number from them. Sometimes this works sometimes not.

I thought it was funny once when I was trying to get a hold of a host and she avoided my calls from my home phone. So immediately after I called from my home phone and she didn't answer I called from my cell phone. WaaLaa she answered. That proved to me she was screening her calls. And my cell number is only 1 digit away from my brothers and she often gets calls from my brother. So I think she thought he was calling and that's why she answered. I know it's a dirty trick, but it's also not nice for a host to avoid us. If they don't want to do the show just say so!!!

pamperedalf

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2005
Thanks again to everyone for their support. I had a host for next Saturday call today, and when I saw her number on the caller ID I panicked because I thought that she was calling to cancel.
But it turns out she was just returning my call about a missing name from her guest list. There was one invite I couldn't mail because there was no name. Then she told me she already had 400 in outside orders. So score for me, God was looking out for me after all. :D
Thanks again for letting me vent, it was just a rough start!
Amanda