• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Closing With Low Sales?!

In summary, the conversation discusses how to handle closing shows with low sales. The participants give varying opinions on whether to close the show or give it more time for additional orders. They also discuss the importance of host coaching and being positive when discussing host benefits. Some participants share personal experiences with low sales shows and how they handle them. Ultimately, it is recommended to close the show and not wait for potential orders that may not come in.
MHPampered
Hello,

I was wondering how you guys handle closing a show with low sales. I was suppose to close two shows out today a cooking and a catalog. I really really wanted the sales to go on November. The cooking show was only at $400 and the catalog show is under $300....

So what would you do? Close it low or give them more time to get more orders?

This is frustrating to me because I did my host coaching as I should with both host and let them know we are going to close tonight and I really want those sales to count for November. But I hate for them to not get a good amount of free products.

The catalog show host is only at $10 free products right now...sheesh...

sorry not having a good day...blah:yuck::cry::indif:

Over 5 years in the biz and my catalog show average has always been in the $300s. If she's had 2 weeks to work it, any longer is not likely to make a difference. Close it out.

The cooking show - when was it? I assume it was before Tgiving. She's had enough time to get the outside orders. Any orders more than 3 days after a show are not likely to come in or to make much of a difference. Close it out.

Be excited for them when going over their host benefits. It may be more than they expected. If you project disappointment, they will feel bad about themselves and the hosting experience and they won't host again. A lot depends on what they wanted to get out of it.

I guess it depends if you need the sales to count for November. I don't mind waiting to close a show if I know more orders will come in. I hate it when a host keeps putting me off and says she has friends who are interested, then never put in a order.
I would talk with the host and get an idea if she is really serious about following up with her friends. If you sense she isn't going to make phone calls, I would just close it. I know I get so excited when I know my host has earned great host benefits. I find the majority of the time when the sales are low, it's usually the host that hasn't put in much time to contact friends and family.

More times than not, those that hold shows open, do not get enough extra dollars in orders to make a difference. If makes more sense to close it now, and get the products to the people who placed orders in good faith. Will it earn you an incentive? Even more reason to meet the midnight deadline, if it does.

Unless the hosts have told you that they know someone is going to order and that they are going to follow up within a specific time period, then close the shows. Keep in mind that the people who did order are looking forward to getting their products.

Close those babies! Don't get down on yourself or your hosts for having sales like that!

Those aren't necessarily low shows. I mean the national average for a cooking show is around $400, so what you feel is low sales is really about average for the company! Some shows will be high sales, others will be average, and still others will hover around qualifying range - some of it is in host coaching, but some of it is just the group of guest too.

I agree with Becca about being excited for them about their benefits. For the catty host play up the 15% discount, don't forget to tell her that it can be applied on top of the 20% Guest Special on the Simple Additions - what a great way to get pieces for a wonderful holiday table spread!

The challange comes when you have those shows that don't even get to $150 in sales and then you REALLY have to host coach to boost the sales so you can close!

My Recruit has had 3 such hosts who held open shows "for a few more orders". None of them had orders come in and were held over to the next month. She has one she was hoping to close by the 30th but she didn't call me so I am presuming the lady let her down again! This show was held on the 14th with a promise of 2 bookings... When the show was over, no one booked and even the Host doesn't want to rebook. Not sure why not. Wish I had been there to hear it. The lady told her on Saturday that she had some orders she would give her but she would have to wait for the money. Shanda told her she had no way to cover the orders and would have to have the money or couldn't submit the show. Some people at the Show expected the stuff to be back for Thanksgiving. She doesn't have phone numbers for any of them. I told her to enclose thank you notes in the orders when they come back and apologize for the delay in delivery but the Show was not closed until so and so date and that it made the products late. I had a host do me that way...who also claimed she wanted to sign when she closed...so I let it go. No more orders came in and low and behold, she didn't sign either. I decided after what a flaky host she was, I didn't want her on my Team anyway! LOL!

Make the catalog host the co-host of the cooking show, give them each a little more benefits than they would have gotten. Put them both in as a future booking & make them promise to follow your host coaching better next time.

MHPampered said:
Hello,

I was wondering how you guys handle closing a show with low sales. I was suppose to close two shows out today a cooking and a catalog. I really really wanted the sales to go on November. The cooking show was only at $400 and the catalog show is under $300....

This is frustrating to me because I did my host coaching as I should with both host and let them know we are going to close tonight and I really want those sales to count for November. But I hate for them to not get a good amount of free products.

I know how you feel.

I had a host close her show at $292. I told her that all she needed was $8 to achieve the next level plus she would get a half priced item. She told me no and I was like :eek: but that was her decision. Then when it came down for her to place her order she wanted the half priced self honing knives that are on the back of the catalog, I told her again she could get that if she even placed an $8 order for herself, she said nevermind. What can we say!

In my experience, leaving a show open will not net you enough sales to make a difference. Just close them!When someone is so close--like $8 away--I tell them to ask their mom or sister or best friend if there was anything else on their wish list or usually the host will just add something herself. Last time I did that, my host's mom ordered the APCS and the stand!

"Only" $300 or $400? I would love it if my two Dec. shows were that much! Ditto for October. Please learn to manage your expectations. Most people are tickled to get anything free and with the discount and benefits they get.

How is your Catty host only getting $10? My usual practice (don't tell anyone, they'll yell at me!) is to submit it as a cooking show no matter what except for extreme cases. I figure this encourages catty shows, which works for me and my crazy sked!

I can't believe I missed this thread. I'm sure you've made your decision by now. I've had hosts who were thrilled with what they got for a $300 show. I've had hosts disappointed with themselves because their show closed with less than $1,000. Everyone's different. I wouldn't suggest submitting a catalog show as a cooking show. There's a reason cooking show benefits are a bit higher. They want to encourage cooking shows. The sales from them are usually better. Di's right, though, about changing your expectations. Years ago I decided to define a successful cooking show as one at which everyone has a good time and at least one person learns something. Now every show is successful. Catalog shows are different. I consider those a success if the host is able to get what she was aiming for. That's usually what happens. On the rare occasion it doesn't, my hosts have almost always decided that it was because they didn't do a live show and booked a show for a few months out.

With todays times the shows have been lower. my average at one time was 750.00 Today we need to do more shows to make up the differance. I went thought a month of almost all my cooking shows under 500.00
Even with Host coaching , Not long ago I had a show with 25 people and the show was 900.00 , That many guests should have been MUCH higher than that.
So keep doing MANY shows and they will add up

MHPampered said:
Hello,

In order for those sales to count for your month- end November paycheck, they had to have been submitted by midnight on November 30.
I would close the shows. Tell your host that if any orders come in after, you can enter it as a catalog show and she will be eligible for another 60% off product. And I agree with everyone else... be excited about those benefits. WOOT! I LOVE a discount and free products!

1. How can I handle closing with low sales?

Closing with low sales can be challenging, but it's important to stay positive and not get discouraged. One strategy is to focus on building relationships with your customers and offering personalized recommendations based on their needs. You can also offer incentives or special deals to encourage customers to make a purchase.

2. What if I am consistently experiencing low sales?

If you find that you are consistently experiencing low sales, it may be helpful to evaluate your sales techniques and see if there are areas for improvement. You can also reach out to your team leader or mentor for support and guidance. It's also important to remember that sales can fluctuate and not every month will be the same.

3. How can I overcome the disappointment of low sales?

Handling low sales can be disappointing, but it's important to remember that it's not a reflection of your worth or abilities. Instead of dwelling on the disappointment, focus on the positive aspects of your business and look for ways to improve and increase sales in the future. You can also reach out to your team or attend training sessions for support and motivation.

4. How do I communicate with customers about low sales?

Honesty is always the best policy when communicating with customers about low sales. Let them know that you value their business and apologize for any inconvenience. You can also offer alternative products or share upcoming sales and promotions to encourage them to continue shopping with you.

5. How can I use social media to boost sales during a slow period?

Social media can be a powerful tool for boosting sales during a slow period. Use platforms like Facebook or Instagram to showcase your products, share customer reviews, and offer special discounts. You can also host virtual parties or live demonstrations to engage with your audience and generate interest in your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies