• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handing Out Catalogs in the Neighborhood?

I think it would be better to have a meeting or something first to get to know the people.I think it would be a good idea to have a meeting or something first to get to know the people.
afeller
Hi,

I am fairly new consultant, with only a few shows under my belt and I am really looking for a way to get my business going. I am going to put more effort into out of the box calls, to see if I can get some booking that way. Currenly I only have one show booked, but not until the end of April! She just rebooked from March 15 and if it falls through again, I will become inactive. :m:eek: Which I really don't want to have happen.

Since we are newer to our neighborhood and don't know all of the neighbor's, I was thinking about handing out catalogs with the" There's a Pampered Chef Consultant in your neighborhood flyer" to all the houses in within a two block radius- so about 50 or so.

Has anyone tried this? If you did, did it work? If any one has any other ideas, Please help! I have exhausted friends and family. The office too!!!

Thank you,

Alexandra

I haven't handed out catalogs but I remember someone having done something similar... maybe they'll post. However, what I have done is host an open house at my house and invited key neighbors over. Mostly those who are right next to and across the street from us and those I personally know. I also invited parents of my kids' friends and folks I hadn't had contact with in a while... oh and DS's teacher too... who put in an order! A few others also put in orders and while only one neighbor actually showed up for the open house, we had a great time and they got to have good food! LOL..

I've thought about doing this, but my Director suggested I only do it if I'm going to knock on the door and talk to them. She said most people will jut throw the catalog/info away.

If you decide to do this, I'd give them old catalogs and let them know they can get a newer one if they contact you or go to your website to see the new products.

I would host an open house but still go door to door with the invites. Handing out catalogs would be a lot of money and you couldn't guarantee anything from them unless you followed up with all the neighbors again.

I tried this with last season's catalogs and even added a $10 coupon incentive and nada.

I think I would go with an Open House too. Good luck!

Thanks for the ideas! I have bunch of old catalogs, so I might give that idea a try and do an open house when it gets a little warmer.. it is chilly here in MN. I got another show booked last night so, I am a little less stressed out.

I tried the neighborhood flyer in several neighborhoods in my surrounding area and nothing. I am trying to think of some creative letter for the old catalogs to put around the neighborhood. Any suggestions?

If you are new to the neighborhood then you could approach it as a "get to know you" thing with Pampered Chef being a secondary options. People come to shows to see their friends - not necessarily cause they want products. So, figure out why someone would want to come to your house and do the open house around that.

I would suggest the open house. I am new to my area...I moved to one county over (doesn't seem like alot but I went from "one-horse kinda town" to "big city kinda town")when I got married 4 years ago and I have only 1 neighbor besides my FIL so I am going to have to be getting creative to find booking too. Please let us know what you end up doing...so others in this boat can try it. I am just getting started and already running out of people until I have some shows because I am a stay at home mom and I'm from a small family (my DH&I are only childern) and I have a small very tight-knit cirle of friends....Oh man I really need to get some creativity going I just felt your sense of urgency LOL! Best of luck!

I dropped a letter in every house in my community (245 townhouses) saying I was hosting an online party for friends and family and they could get a catalog from me or order online using my name as the host... Since I didn't actually talk to anyone, nobody ordered! I would try for the open house like some of the other people have suggested. Good luck with it!

Someone in my friends neighborhood did that and she told me about it - she just threw away the girls information (since I am her consultant) - so I don't know how well that will work.

I suggest having a catalog peeking out of your purse, one on your dashboard, and maybe taking some older catalogs or the minis and leaving them at carwashes, nail salons, dentists, orthos, gyms, where ever you see magazines - make sure your contact information is on them!

My DH and I are new consultants(Feb 2nd) and wanting to get a jumpstart on our business. So last night I created a brochure on our computer. The flyer that we would include in the brochure. Book a Show Tonight, is one I found in the files section here.

The template for the brochure was already on our computer. I just took info from a couple sources, mainly the Flyer to put up around the neighborhood, and combined it into a brochure and will print out the brochure and the flyers. My DH and our sons are going to go and pass them out in the neighborhood. It is so much cheaper then passing out catalogs. I did this last year when I was an AVON representive and I did get a few calls.

If anyone would like an editable copy of the brochure, email at the email addy on the brochure and I will send one out!

HTH!!

Attachments

• PC_Brochure PDF.pdf
    37.4 KB · Views: 478
  • Book a Show Tonight.pdf
    235.3 KB · Views: 569
familymgrkendra said:
My DH and I are new consultants(Feb 2nd) and wanting to get a jumpstart on our business. So last night I created a brochure on our computer. The flyer that we would include in the brochure. Book a Show Tonight, is one I found in the files section here.

The template for the brochure was already on our computer. I just took info from a couple sources, mainly the Flyer to put up around the neighborhood, and combined it into a brochure and will print out the brochure and the flyers. My DH and our sons are going to go and pass them out in the neighborhood. It is so much cheaper then passing out catalogs. I did this last year when I was an AVON representive and I did get a few calls.

If anyone would like an editable copy of the brochure, email at the email addy on the brochure and I will send one out!

HTH!!
Wow, I LOVE the Book a Show Tonight flyer! I am going to use that, if you don't mind!

I went to neighborhoods (since I don't live in one) when I 1st moved. I placed a survey & old catalog in the door hanger bags. I picked up the completed survey the next day & left a retired SB & business card magnet. I avg. 1 out of 8 completed. Then I call the person & thank them for filling out survey, asked if they received my gift, & see if they are interested in specials. I booked a few shows (which led to more bookings) from doing this.

JenniHorn said:
Wow, I LOVE the Book a Show Tonight flyer! I am going to use that, if you don't mind!

I got the flyer from the files here and :love: it also!! I can't take credit for it.

stacywhitlow said:
I went to neighborhoods (since I don't live in one) when I 1st moved. I placed a survey & old catalog in the door hanger bags. I picked up the completed survey the next day & left a retired SB & business card magnet. I avg. 1 out of 8 completed. Then I call the person & thank them for filling out survey, asked if they received my gift, & see if they are interested in specials. I booked a few shows (which led to more bookings) from doing this.

This is interesting. Can you give more detail on how it worked and what was in the survey?

1. How do I know which houses to approach when handing out catalogs in the neighborhood?

It is important to make sure you are only handing out catalogs to houses that are in your designated sales area. You can check the map provided by Pampered Chef or ask your consultant for a list of approved neighborhoods.

2. Can I leave catalogs in mailboxes or on doorsteps?

No, it is not recommended to leave catalogs in mailboxes as it is against postal regulations. You should also avoid leaving catalogs on doorsteps as this can be seen as littering and may not be well received by the homeowners.

3. How many catalogs should I hand out in one neighborhood?

We recommend starting with a small quantity, such as 10-20 catalogs, and gauging the response before handing out more. It is important to not overwhelm the neighborhood and be considerate of their time and space.

4. What should I do if someone is not interested in receiving a catalog?

Respect their decision and do not push the issue. Thank them for their time and move on to the next house. Remember, not everyone will be interested in Pampered Chef, and that is okay.

5. Can I include my personal contact information on the catalog?

Yes, it is recommended to include your name, phone number, and email address on the back of the catalog. This way, interested customers can easily reach out to you for orders or inquiries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vminaudo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vminaudo
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Red1976
Replies