• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Hamburgers: Tips and Tricks for Cooking in the Oven

In summary, Beth said to use the grill press with the grill pan for hamburgers, and Kate said to bake them at 450 degrees.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I've made bacon on my stoneware but someone this week at a show said they cook hamburgers on their stoneware.

Does anyone do that and know what temp/length of time for about medium-well?

I don't make hamburgers in the winter because it is currently zero out and I'm not grilling...I don't eat them when they are cooked on the stove - yuk...

...but, I'm willing to try the oven...

Anyone do this?

I do mine in the grill pan on top the stove. They come out pretty good, with the grill lines and everything.

...don't have a grill pan yet... :( But I'll keep that in mind!!!!

My husband makes great tasting Hamburgers of the large bar pan in the oven.

After I started with the PC it took my husband a while to understand everything about the stoneware but now HE LOVES ALL of IT

When ever I have a chance to order something - when a host it close to the next level, I will get an order or two from family and friends add it to the host order and then I will spend the free stuff on me. My husband wants different stones

~

Do you know what temp/length he cooks at?

janetupnorth said:
...don't have a grill pan yet... :( But I'll keep that in mind!!!!
I use the grill press with the grill pan for hamburgers and steaks. They cook faster and the press stops the splatter.

350 and just depends on how big they are

BethCooks4U said:
I use the grill press with the grill pan for hamburgers and steaks. They cook faster and the press stops the splatter.

Beth - be careful with the grill press on hamburgers. Since the meat has been ground, it is easier to lose moisture, and the press will speed that up.

Kate...you are right about the press. At the restaurant I have one cook who has a tendency to put that press on the burger and leave it to long. It comes out dry and overcooked. She wants them to cook faster. But, it will work as long as you watch them.

Well, made them last night - 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Better than on the stove top and better than the George Foreman grill but doesn't beat the REAL grill!

I hate to go out side and grill when it is too hot or too cold... so I started putting the patties on the large bar pan and i bake them at 450 for about 30 minutes. No splattering and easy clean up

BethCooks4U said:

I do this too. And love them like this. So far, I have not had a problem with them being dry.

tcmceuen said:
I hate to go out side and grill when it is too hot or too cold... so I started putting the patties on the large bar pan and i bake them at 450 for about 30 minutes. No splattering and easy clean up

Wow, either my oven is super efficient or yours are well done. There was no pink in mine and I only cooked them for 20 minutes...

What is the best way to cook hamburgers on stoneware?

The best way to cook hamburgers on stoneware is to preheat the stoneware in the oven at 375°F for 10 minutes before placing the raw burgers on it. This will ensure even cooking and prevent the burgers from sticking to the stoneware.

Can I use frozen hamburger patties on stoneware?

Yes, you can use frozen hamburger patties on stoneware. It is recommended to thaw the patties before cooking them on stoneware for more even cooking. If using frozen patties, add an extra 5-10 minutes to the cooking time.

Do I need to oil the stoneware before cooking hamburgers?

No, you do not need to oil the stoneware before cooking hamburgers. The stoneware has a natural non-stick surface that will prevent the burgers from sticking. However, if you prefer, you can lightly brush the stoneware with oil before preheating.

How long does it take to cook hamburgers on stoneware?

Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the burgers and how well done you want them. A good rule of thumb is to cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes on each side for medium doneness. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure the burgers are cooked to your desired temperature.

Can I use stoneware on the grill to cook hamburgers?

Yes, you can use stoneware on the grill to cook hamburgers. Make sure to preheat the stoneware on the grill for 10 minutes before placing the burgers on it. It is also recommended to use indirect heat when cooking on stoneware on the grill to prevent the stoneware from cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pattybrady
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.