• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Make a Ham & Cheese Croissant Bake?

Hope this helps!In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Ham & Cheddar Croissant Bake from The Pampered Chef. The original poster asked for the recipe and another person shared it, along with some tips on making it for a demo. There is also a discussion about the appearance of the dish and how to arrange the croissant and tomato slices. The overall consensus is that the dish is tasty but may not be suitable for a demo due to its longer cooking time.
Pampered Penni UK
:) I've seen you write about ham and cheese croissant bake, I searched for it and it only has weight watcher points...thats great but no recipe. Can some one let me know it.
Thank you

Fall Winter Season's BestYou can find it in the Fall/Winter 2005 Season's Best.

sorry, we have different recipes over here. :(

Here you go...directly from consultant's corner!

The Pampered Chef ®
Ham & Cheddar Croissant Bake
Recipe

4 large croissants (about 3 ounces each)
6 ounces deli ham, diced
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
6 eggs
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
11/2 cups milk

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Slice croissants from top to bottom into 1/2-inch slices using Serrated Bread Knife. Set aside 16 of the largest slices. Cube remaining slices and place in bottom of baker.

Dice ham and bell pepper using Chef's Knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Heat Small (8-in.) Sauté Pan over medium heat until hot. Add ham, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Spoon ham mixture over croissant cubes and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange reserved croissant slices in an overlapping circular pattern around edge of baker. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes. Tuck tomato slices between croissant slices.

In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk eggs, mustard, salt and black pepper using Stainless Whisk. Pour milk into Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until hot. While continually whisking, slowly add milk to egg mixture until well blended. Carefully pour egg mixture over croissants. If necessary, lightly press croissants down to coat.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and eggs are set in center. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 430 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Large croissants can be found in the bakery section of most grocery stores.

Shopping List
4 large croissants (about 3 ounces each)
6 ounces deli ham
1 small green bell pepper
1 small onion
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 plum tomatoes
6 eggs
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
11/2 cups milk

Cook’s Tip: Large croissants can be found in the bakery section of most grocery stores.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

Has any one made this? I have a brunch show coming up, and thought it would make a great demo recipe, but I'm a little confused on how it is supposed to look. I get confused at the "arrange croissant slices in an overlapping circular pattern - then tuck tomato slices between croissant slices" step. Does any one know how to explain this so it makes sense to me?

Thanks,

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN
www.pamperedchef.biz/dawntrudell

I wouldn't do this for a demo - it takes too long too cook/cool.

All I did was arrange the croissants standing up pointing towards the middle of the stone - and then stood up the tomato slices in between the criossants.

It tasted decent, but I decided not to do it for a demo - it looks a little mushy/messy when you try to serve it.

I would do this for a demoIt was easy to make, showed a lot of products. Yes it does take a bit of time to make - but you can get all your orders taken during that time.

I love this recipe.

Thank you for your advice, but I guess I still don't understand what it's suppose to look like. I'm one of those who needs a picture. :p Should it look like a wagon wheel or do the croissant pieces go around the outer edge to make a "crust" that kind-of looks like a deep dish pizza? I'm still confused. :confused:

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN
www.pamperedchef.biz/dawntrudell

Ham & Cheese Croissant BakeI have made this, not for a show but for family. It was yummy, but I thought it was a bit runny. Anytime I make quiches or frittatas they always are too runny for me so I leave them in the oven longer. It might have too long a baking time for a show.

As for arranging the croissant slices and tomatos. I took this as alternating and overlapping croissant slices and tomato slices around the outside of the baker overtop of the mixture. This is similar to arranging apple pie slices or scalloped potato slices to look artsy. Everyone said it looked good and tasted good.

I would make this again for a weekend breakfast or as a dish to take to a brunch.

What ingredients do I need for the Ham Cheese Croissant Bake?

The ingredients for the Ham Cheese Croissant Bake include croissants, ham, cheese, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of ham?

Yes, you can substitute the ham with any other type of cooked meat such as turkey, chicken, or even bacon.

Do I need to preheat the oven?

Yes, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before baking the Ham Cheese Croissant Bake.

How long do I bake the Ham Cheese Croissant Bake for?

The Ham Cheese Croissant Bake should be baked for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is set.

Can I prepare this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Ham Cheese Croissant Bake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies