• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ham and Eggs Brunch Braid Anyone?

In summary, Rachel is asking if it is possible to use pizza or french bread dough instead of crescent dough for making braids. She has never made a braid before and is not sure if the bread dough would work.
Molly Jo
Gold Member
I am looking for the Ham and Eggs Brunch Braid recipe and also the SUnshine cake recipe that are in the casual cooking recipe book! Thanks so much!

Here's the sunshine cakeI couldn't find the egg and ham braid in Casual Cooking, but here's the sunshine cake.

Sunshine Cake

1 lemon
1 orange
1 small carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
3 eggs
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 (18.25 oz) pkg. yellow cake mix
1/4 c powdered sugar
Thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
Lemon and orange wedges (optional)

1. Brush Stoneware Fluted pan with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush.
2. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, zest lemon and orange using short strokes. Juice lemon and orange with Juicer to measure 1/4 c total juice; set aside. Grate carrot using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
3. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, carrot, lemon zest and orange zest. Whisk until well blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add cake mix. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute, using Mix 'N Scrpaer. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly.
4. Microwave on HIGH 11-14 min or until Cake Tester inserted in near center comes out clean. Let stand in microwave 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto serving plate.
5. Using clean pastry brush, brush reserved citrus juices over top and sides of warm cake. Sprinkle powdered sugar over cake using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Cut into slices using Serrated Bread Knife. Garnish with whipped topping and lemon and orange wedges, if desired.

Diane

Garden Vegetable Omelet in All the Best?You could do this one and just add ham. I made it this weekend - took out the asparagus and dill mix, and added bacon. My family LOVED it! It's on pg. 83 of All the Best.

Garden Vegetable Omelet
2 pkg crescent rolls
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c milk
1 T flour
8 eggs, divded
1 t Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix
1/4 t salt
1/4 lb fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1" pices
1/2 c diced red bell pepper
1/3 c chopped onion
1 T butter or margarine
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese and milk; add flour and whisk until smooth. Separate 1 egg; reserve egg white. Add the yolk, remaining 7 eggs, dill mix, salt and black pepper to cream cheese mixture; whisk until smooth. Add asparagus, bell pepper and onion to batter bowl; mix well.

2. Melt butter in Family (12-in) Skillet over med heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-6 min until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape; sprinkle with cheese. Finish shape as directed. Brush with remaining lightly beaten egg white. Bake 25-30 min or until golden brown.

Diane

Molly JoHere you go! It was in the More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook

Ham 'N Eggs Brunch Braid
(More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook...pg 28)

4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
8 eggs, divided
1/4 tsp salt
Dash ground black pepper
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbls sliced green onions with tops
1 tsp butter or margarine
2 (8 oz) pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)

Preheat oven to 375°F. Place cream cheese and milk in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Separate 1 egg using Egg Separator; reserve egg white. Add the yolk and remaining 7 eggs, salt and black pepper to Batter Bowl; whisk to combine. Chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Add bell pepper and onions to egg mixture. Melt butter in Generation II 10 inch Frying Pan over medium low heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest side of dough across width of Rectangle Baking Stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Baker's Roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of Baking Stone, cut dough into strips
1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using Paring Knife (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling). Arrange ham evenly over middle of dough. Spoon eggs over ham. Shred cheddar cheese over eggs using Deluxe Cheese Grater. To braid, lift strips of dough across filling to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Brush lightly beaten egg white over dough using Pastry Brush. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into slices with Slice 'N Serve.

Makes 10 servings

Thank You!!!Thank you, Thank you so much!! I am doing at these at my show on Saturday! You two saved my life!!!

Braid questionIs there any reason why you couldn't use, say, the pizza or french bread dough for the braids? It is already in a large rectangle shape and can fit very well on the rectangular baking stone.

I have never made a braid, so I don't know if it would work to use the bread dough instead.

Love,
Rachel

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Ham and Eggs Brunch Braid?

The ingredients for the Ham and Eggs Brunch Braid include refrigerated crescent rolls, eggs, cooked ham, shredded cheese, bell pepper, onion, salt, and pepper.

2. Can I use a different type of meat instead of ham?

Yes, you can use any cooked breakfast meat of your choice, such as bacon, sausage, or even vegetarian options like tofu or tempeh.

3. How many servings does the recipe make?

The recipe makes 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your braid slices.

4. Can I make the braid ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can assemble the braid and refrigerate it overnight. Then, bake it in the oven the next morning for a quick and easy brunch option.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the braid?

Absolutely! This recipe is customizable, so you can add in additional vegetables, cheese, or even herbs and spices to make it your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aPamperedBride
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
pampered1224