• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Ham and Cheese Calzone: Cooking Show Mishap

In summary, to make a ham and cheese calzone, you will need pizza dough, sliced deli ham, shredded mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and any additional toppings of your choice. You can use pre-made dough, but homemade dough is the freshest and most customizable option. To assemble and bake, roll out the dough, add fillings, fold, seal, and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. You can add any toppings you like, and you can make it ahead of time and reheat later.
ChefJason
I had a cooking show today and the bottom layer of the calzone didn't cook at all in the middle. The edges were great the top was great but the whole middle section didn't cook. Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts as to what may have happened?

Mine has come out ok, perhaps your hosts oven is off

I've only made it once, and all went well.

Maybe there was too much broccoli or something with lots of liquid in that area?

My first guess would be that the host's oven was off in temperature.

I noticed that when I used the smoked ham, it didn't have as much moisture and cooked more evenly. That might affect the outcome of the dough.

If you have the stoneware too far from the heat source the crust won't brown well either. The middle rack of the oven is best. Just my thought.

If you use boiled ham or ham lunch meat, I've had that happen. Just made this at Thurs show and all was well. Sorry I didn't help much.:yuck:

Yes, I have made this a bunch of times and 1 time the host bought ham with "water added" and that is exactly what happened this middle was soggy. The smoked ham is the very best to use. Each time I have made it with that kind of ham it has turned out perfect! (This is one of my absolute favorites to demo and also make for my family..Everyone loves it!) :)

What ingredients do I need to make a ham and cheese calzone?

To make a delicious ham and cheese calzone, you will need pizza dough, sliced deli ham, shredded mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and any additional toppings of your choice.

Can I use pre-made dough for my calzone?

Yes, you can use pre-made pizza dough or even store-bought crescent rolls to make your calzone. However, homemade dough will give you the freshest and most customizable option.

How do I assemble and bake my calzone?

Roll out your pizza dough into a large circle, then add your desired fillings on one half of the dough. Fold the other half over the fillings and seal the edges by crimping with a fork. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.

What toppings can I add to my ham and cheese calzone?

You can add any toppings you like to your calzone, such as sliced vegetables, cooked sausage or bacon, or different types of cheese. Get creative and make it your own!

Can I make my calzone ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can assemble your calzone ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. You can also freeze the assembled calzone for up to a month. When reheating, place in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sih
  • wadesgirl